main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Got Costume?

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    A little nudge to those without Quality SW Costume or Armor:

What are you waiting for? [face_shame_on_you] Interested then get yourself a costume/armor! o_O

As we all know, the SW Exhibition is round the corner so it'll be our Last Confirmed chance to show our passion for SW in another way that some say "are more economical and fun".

We need more Jedi/Sith in other "Canon/EU" colors tho' a Barbie Doll Color Scheme one will be cute. ;) Plus more Female Characters like Leia or Mon Mothma (hey! her ROTJ costume is very easy to do you know!). And those with a "Gold Mine" should invest in a set of Armor.

Got questions? Need help? Then blast them away here. Help will be given to those who deserved it. [:D]

For a little appertizer, some people are planning (only planning okay) something special for the Opening Night or other days so need more costumed people. One of the plans is asking for 40 (or the nearest possible Even No.) of Jedi & Sith with Red and Blue/Green/Purple FX Lightsabres. :D

2. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    count me in for now!! hope i can make it for the actual thing ^^ sounds super cool!

3. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Clone Trooper TC1307 reporting for duty.

=p

Can double as a Jedi too.

Can triple as a Sith too.

=p!!

4. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Padme will be there... battling it out like it was Geonosis all over again... LOL! :p

5. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    count Y(azid)oung anakin there. :p

6. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Hehehe, guilty as charged...
    GUILTY [face_blush]
    I'm probably the only one here without a costume (yet)
    Female characters are needed eh? Oh well, I guess
    I'll start sourcing for pictures...
    STILL FEELING GUILTY [face_blush]

*goes and looks for rock to hide behind*

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    There is still a lot of time to make one. ;) Don't really expect an elaborate one like one of Padme's Gowns but something that regular/casual SW Fan can recognized as being "....from SW and belong to it 100%....". How about one of the Female Jedis or Handmaiden or even someone from the EU?

Heehee.....I also need to increase my amount of SW Costumes; my LOTR ones is exceeding in no. compared to the SW ones! :eek:

8. The_SITH_OverLORD

The_SITH_OverLORD Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Well Darth_Eagle I hope more Fan Force members over here response to your call to make STAR WARS Costumes. I'm looking to see more STAR WARS Costumers from Fan Force to greet the MySciFiFan STAR WARS Costumed Contingent when we are over at the Singapore Science come December 2005.[face_mischief]

9. GetzJedi

GetzJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    You guys coming over in December? We'll most probably be in full force on opening day in November... Really not sure about December...

10. The_SITH_OverLORD

The_SITH_OverLORD Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Yes Desmond, December 2005 it is and when we have confirmed the dates, I'll officially post this over here, at MySciFiFan and at Movie Mania Forums.

I understand that you guys may not be in full force by December 2005, however, I'm confident that both Fatimah and Reno will be able to assemble a few STAR WARS Costumed characters to meet up with the MySciFiFan STAR WARS Costumed Contingent when we are over at the Singapore Science Centre.[face_peace]

11. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    I'll be there too DE. Most probably as Jedi Obi-wan. Let know if your need any help in preperations and stuff.

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    The_SITH_OverLORD, the FanForce side I can settle easily as we are going to have a couple of FanForce Official Outings to the Exhibition during its run here. :D For LOTR, we had 2 but hope to have more for this SW Exhibition whenever the members are available like during the School Holiday since many members here are students. ;)

13. WZee

WZee Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    Hi,

Im interested in getting a costume actually. As im kinda new in this costuming area, Perhaps someone could direct me as to where i could get started? Im kinda interested in getting myself a clone trooper set (helmet and armor etc) . Ive tried ebay, yahoo.. but neither seems to have a good deal or no deal. Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance.

14. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Do you have ~SGD1,500 to spare for the Armor parts only? Our "current" Clonetrooper have to pay even more for his set.

Good Quality Armors will not come cheap.

That is why I said that "those with Gold Mine should look towards getting a set of armor". ;)

15. WZee

WZee Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    hmmm...1.5k is abit over kill ..I think its just the helm for my part .. armor wise i could source myself..any good star wars costume requires a good helmet as a base imo.

besides storm trooper isnt really my cup of tea.. im leaning towards the clone trooper lol... that helmet looks nicer to me. But my main point actually is .. besides those helms offered in Simply toys, are there any other sources? May i ask the current vader/storm trooper, where did they get their gear? was it bought as a set? Or the helm was bought seperately..mmmm questions questions... lol im a newb

16. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    well, let's just say any of the current armour in singapore is well over 1K, like DE said, it's roughly 1.5K. Depending on the version and brand you're getting it might cost more. They bought it in a set, full armour with helm. The only thing that didn't came in a set is the blaster which was bought separately. Even then time and effort has to be spent to upgrade it to make it look real.

The helm offer by Simply Toys is the Master Replica ones. They are DAMM good quality and here's the kicker, they are limited stock all over the world. And guess what, it's already sold out! =p Good thing I have a source for it. hur hur hur. There are other helmets on the market, but helm is but part of it. You need a quality armour to complete the look.

I'm the one currenly(and most probably very often in Oct) seen in one of the stormtrooper armour in Singapore, but it is not my armour. It belongs to the local Dark Lord of the Sith. That looks damm good but it cost closer to 2k than anything else. I am also the clone trooper that DE was talking about. My armour was about 1.8K but honestly it could have been cheaper I guess. It would be up soon enough. The armour has already arrived and it is currenltly "pre-production".

The monterary side of things is only one side of the coin. Time and effort is equally important. Once the armour arrives, you still have to cut, trim, sand and paint it. And even more time and effort if you wanna weather it to give it the raggard look.

Lastly, if you looking for a budget armour, chances are it will end up looking DAMM chessy. Trust me on this, when you spend time and effort, not to mention money, you want to look good in your costume. And cheaping out on them is not a way to go. The feeling you get when you're walking ard, posing for picture in a quality looking armour is second to none.

Do p.m. me if you have further questions. Or email me at Crovus@starhub.net.sg. I do know where to get quite a few good sources.

17. Darth_Sidi

Darth_Sidi Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2005
    hi guys. Javier here. still a new guy in d block. haven't lock into d forum 4 sometime due to sch committment. i just like to find out from people who always dress as sith lord how to dress up as a Sith? other than d black coat outside, what do u guys dress inside? any1 try Darth Vader? curious to know where they get d costume n is there any trouble breathing when wearing darth vader's costume? thanks alot.

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Don't forget the Boots, Bodysuit, Glove, Neck Sealer, Blaster Holster (if needed), Hood, extra parts to make the wearing more comfortable like Internal Fans etc etc that you have to buy separately. ;)

And not all armor comes with the helmet or the helmet is suitable for you, so that an additional cost to your Armor Spending List.

Not only chessy but also lack of Durability. At one time, we had a discussion over at the Costuming & Props Forum over the quality of some of those cheap armors found on eBay. One of the poster bought it and he explained how THIN and FLIMSY the pieces are. LOL! This reminded me of the story someone told me about Vinyl Stormtrooper Armor; Hair Dryer is their best friend! :p

Greetings Javier! :)

Well, for a start, it will depend if you want to be a Sith Lord from any of the SW Media (Movie, Comics, RPG Books, Games, Action Figure etc etc) or your own character.

We had seen Darth Vader, Maul, Palpatine, Dooku and that Sith Lord from the Game (ops! forget how to spell Hassan [face_blush] ) locally so far.

I and Mike do our own Sith Character. For mine, I have several garb which also included the Imperial Officer one (she live in the Post-ROTS till beyond Post-NJO Era lah) while my main one suppose to be inspired by Darth Maul's.

Yes, we have 3 Darth Vaders so far and only Reno's one is the closest to the original and not done from scratch. His suit cost a bomb FYI.

There is now a "cheaper" option from Rubies (and cheaper still means in the SGD1K++++ above) but till I see it in person or heard more constructive feedbacks, will not give any judgement on its accuracy or value for money.

If you do have the money and height, I say go for Vader. But if lacking in either, try to make the other Sith Lords a reality.

19. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Hey there Javier,

Well, honestly Rubies Vader sucks, imho. In recent times, I've "minded" (meaning I sort of take care of him during events) the local Lord Vader [;)] a few times, so here the inside scoope so to speak. The costume looks good, damm good. But it's not cheap at all. Price is not to be disclosed but it's well over a couple of ks (and that's an understatment) The costume is as close as the one used in the movies, as possible. Meaning for example if the movies used 4-piece suit, we've got 4 pieces as well. It is hot and damm stuffy in the costume, trust me on this one ;p and it takes a while to suit up. Even then you'll need a minder to help you out, even if he knows what he's doing it'll take about 15mins. The helmet is heavy as hell, I've worn it before, and we've not even using the origial dome. That would most probably cause a neckache in 20mind. It's hot, stuffy and visibility is poor. (Actually this statement applies to troopers helms too) Breathing in it takes a lil getting used to, and if you're not, you'll likely black out with prolonged wearing (and that means 30mins, I almost did.

Also like DE point out, Vader needs the height. It doesn't matter if you have the most impressive costume on planet Earth and then you don it just to be walking ard in average Asian height. It just spoilts everything else. But hey if you do have the height, then =).There's more to costuming than just the costume. =)

As I mention before, if considering armour, NEVER cheap out on it. =p The price is worth it. And if you're looking at Vader....well why not try something else? Something not done locally yet. A trooper maybe? We've already got a Dark Lord in Singapore, and it's pretty hard to compete against him. I won't even dare. heh. But there are also opportunities for alot of the other imperial costumes. Clone Trooper seems to be the most popular now. But I WILL be the first in Singapore. MuahahahAH! =p!!!! hehehe just kidding ard.

P.M. me for any further enquiries. Always glad to help another imperial. =)
    (hahahahaha that sounds so wrong coming from a local Jedi Council member. =P!!!)

20. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    hmm, DE, i wanna make ep1 ani slave outfit, wadya suggest?

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I got a pattern at hand which is a rip-off of the original.....sort of. :p

Materialwise, will have to pay Arab Street a visit first. I'm thinking around the line of Raw Silk or Linen or Blend.

22. Azmi-wan_Kenobi

Azmi-wan_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    i dont want a jedi tunic aand robe.

I NEED THEM

so can somebody help meeee??

i'd gladly be anyone's padawan!

23. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Alright Pple, honestly this is too damm early a post. But seeing how's most people only check this board occassionally now. I figured the earlier the better.

I need a roll call of all who has a costume (SW related dur!). Something big is in the plans, but since it is still way too damm early in planning, I don't want to reveal too much now (those in the know please refrain from saying), don't want to built up everyone's hopes and expectations just to be let down. For now, it would help me greatly in the planning if i have a solid no. of who has a costume and what costume. Like I said, if this goes down, it's big, hell big is an understatment, it'll be huge. You want in on this, I promise.

Also if you got more than one costume, and are willing to lend your costumes, please state both or more costume. Thanks.

Those of us who went for the orchard parade back in May/ June, would be good if you guys can list down your names too. =) MOre info to come soon enough.

So let's begin:
    1. DarthCrovus ROTJ Luke, Clone Trooper(in process)

24. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    1. DarthCrovus ROTJ Luke, Clone Trooper(in process)
    2. kimbilili-k-s AU Sith

no time, no money to make new costume...and i kinda like mine now :) only problem is my boots kinda got spoilt so i'll need new ones.

Crovus, whatever you're planning sounds cool! sure hope i can make it! :)

25. Azmi-wan_Kenobi

Azmi-wan_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    somebody helpp!!

i need a jedi costume. somewhere in the make of kenobi!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.