main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gotham - the TV series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Violent Violet Menace, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I still love this, easily the best DC show on.

And dare I say my favourite on screen Batman thing after TAS.

I wish it would keep going for another 20 years, but the ever dwindling audience numbers say it won’t.

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The few episodes of Gotham have been really great as they making full use of the characters. I mean, even Mr. Freeze came back for a bit and Jerome and the Mad Hatter are scheduled to appear in the next episode.

I've been liking the recast of Ivy as she has more gravitas and charisma. The previously version really didn't stand out all that much.

Selina continues to grow as a character and I like it when she's paired with Bruce. And speaking of Bruce, I'm so glad the story moved past the douche bag Bruce as he had that vision of his future self.

DarthIshyZ and Diggy like this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I thought Jeremiah was a interesting unexpected way to do The Joker, it kinda reminds me of Dark Knight Returns Joker wherein hes actually seemingly calm and rational when doing insane stuff and doesn't let out a big laugh until the verrrry end of it all. Great diverse range by the actor though too which adds quite a lot of different shades of crazy to the performance for both Jokers he's playing

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Jeremiah as the Joker reminded me of Scott Snyder's Endgame Joker, especially visually. After Jerome was a somewhat cutup and disfigured face, Jeremiah wiped away the natural tone skin face paint to reveal the porcelain white skin, which was more creepy and menacing.

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 and DarthIshyZ like this.
  5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    So, after the full on episode of Jeremiah in the last episode, I still prefer Jerome because he's more outlandish and charismatic. Jeremiah is definitely more reserved and methodical.

There was alot obvious shades of "The Killing Joke" especially with the ending, which was a straight out of "The Killing Joke" moment. I was surprised by it.

I saw that Gotham received a green light for season five, which will be its last. Which is fine by me. I'm surprised the show made it passed it's first season with a lot of negative online comments I've came across.

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, considering the reception The Killing Joke has now I'm... a little surprised they went there. Hopefully they just killed her. :p

7. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Just saw a note that Arrow would include a crossover including Batgirl. Obviously not the same universe as Gotham. Thought you fellow Batgeeks would like that, though!

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Being the Batgeek that I am, it's actually Batwoman, not Batgirl.

I saw that news this morning. I suspect it's a setup for a spinoff show.

Diggy and DarthIshyZ like this.
  9. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    * Hats off *
    I sit corrected.
    Possibly, but I know they have some one-and-done characters, too. If it is a spinoff, I just hope it's not as bad as Supergirl. The term "whiney" comes to mind.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    By the nature of the character, I'd think it would be more like Arrow or Black Lightning.

Diggy likes this.
  11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That was great and I look forward to a year in hell.

I don’t think the fifth being the last is official yet, but it seems like it will be, and only thirteen episodes at that, enough to get it into syndication. So it should be tight as hell, given the villains already around and the plethora they introduced at the end.

12. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    wasn't expecting the Lee-Ed fight and not Penguin killing Butch either :eek:
    Bruce leaving Selena..wow cold. Kid acts like a robot.

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I like the season finale, but we've seen these beats before in previous season finales with various characters' deaths and to have the only to return in the next season; Barbara, Butch and IIRC Penguin come to mind. And Bruce as Batman was teased in end of the previous season too.

I ready for a time jump though for Season Five.

It would be weird to me if Selina was to...
    Oracle as it seems like she'll be paralyzed from the waist down.

I didn't find it quite believable watching Bruce beat up a bunch of thugs like twice his age and weight.

Darth_Furio , Luke02 and JEDI-RISING like this.
  14. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Sith_Sensei__Prime

They seem to be teasing Bruce as Batman for a couple years now. In order to have a proper payoff you are correct that a time jump is needed.

I am happy the show got a 5th season but I also feel like they kind played everything out and this is a good place to start wrapping it up. Throughly enjoyable show though, I actually like it better then Agents of Shield overall.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, since they've been teasing Bruce as Batman for years it's doubtful he'll actually be Batman in season, aside from something like Smallville, where we might see Bruce as Batman in the final episode in the final scenes.

I bet Gordon has the iconic mustache for the final scene which was teased in a vision by Bruce.

I wasn't happy with the pseudo Harley Quinn that appeared IIRC after Jerome's death. The producers for the show have been teasing Harley Quinn for awhile and even said she was introduced, but nothing ever came of it. I always thought that Silver would be Harley.

Luke02 likes this.
  16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Final season will adapt Zero Year.

Yes yes yes yes.

17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    haven't read Zero Year, I thought the final season was going to be No Man's Land. I mean, the whole damn show is basically Year One but if they're going to do Year One, they need to straight up do it at the end there.

Interesting finale, though, whole lotta people done get dead. I kind of wish they didn't keep killing Ra's off and turning him to Thanos dust, he was barely in the season overall which was a shame. And I love the notion that Gotham itself is split up into crazy criminal groups. And Hugo Strange is back! Hopefully they can get the actor in a lot more, I always love seeing him around.

Jeremiah is pretty cool, he's a different cat than Jerome, different kind of crazy. He still reminds me a lot of the Dark Knight Returns Joker. Quiet versions of the Clown Prince of Crime are a thing. I know they keep saying Jerome / Jeremiah would not be the Joker, I would be okay with that. The Joker's origin story varies and even in stuff like the Batman Burton film, we straight up know his origin and Batman knows who he is the whole time. And this show is very close to Burton Batman in tone.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Here's the trailer for the upcoming final season of Gotham. The first two and half minutes are recapping the best parts of the series. The final minute and half of the trailer for glimpse of the season five. Looks like they're going out with a bang.

19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    take that, Criminal scum!!

20. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I love this show. Unfortunately, here in Japan only the first 3 series on Netflix. My favorite characters are Gordon, Falcone, Maroni, Wayne, Alfred, and the Penguin.

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    You're going to love Jerome.

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    They need to stick to it and just have Jeremiah be the Joker and not be a "tribute" or "inspiration" whatever. Just at the end he straight up says "You can call me The Joker. And as you can see, I'm a lot happier"

Sometimes you know Joker's origin, sometimes you don't. Multiple choice.

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm thinking the folks over at WB/DC won't allow for the actual use of the Joker on another network/studio, in this case Fox. I mean, there's a precedence for this, as WB put the kibosh on Harley Quinn, Amanda Waller and the Suicide Squad shortly after appearing on Arrow. The other villains from Batman's rogue gallery were most likely allowed to appear on Gotham because WB didn't have an foreseeable plans to use them in an upcoming film.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The only kink in that is WB own CW so have sway. Who knows what the minutes of the contract with Fox holds. At this point, everything goes with the characters bat the word Joker. I have no idea if that comes from WB or Fox.