main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gotham - the TV series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Violent Violet Menace, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Your post doesn’t contradict my post whatsoever.

So...um, no.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm like two seasons behind on this show. I do want to keep going, but I'd like to know (without spoilers)... how was the ending, generally speaking?

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Fine?

4. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i liked it . i think they got the show to the set up point for Batman as an adult. left me wanting more at the very last scene.

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The final season was fine overall, the last episode...I didn't care for.

Luke02 likes this.
  6. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Worth watching, IMO. Not going to top anyone's list of "best ever," but passable.

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I have, oddly, binged all of the first three seasons while I was sick or recovering from something. I don't have anything to recover from right now (knock on wood). But maybe I'll start watching it as my nightly show once I'm done with my rewatch of Oz (one more season).

Luke02 likes this.
  8. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah I wasn't a big fan of the last episode at all. I felt like it didn't really fit into the arch of the show.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Diggy likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Season 4 is one of the show's highlights and I really liked Season 5 too, definitely in the later seasons they settled into a extreme gory camp vibe. The Penguin and Riddler are straight up hilarious by the end. Last episode is worth it for Valeska. If any character is underserved by the grand arc of the show I'd go with Harvey who got one throwback episode in S5. Oh and when Zazz shows up again in Season 5 it's so damn great. S5 is basically every villain gets their own comeback starring episode basically which was cool.

Inevitably as with a lot of Batman even by the end you're kind of just hanging around to see Batman and The Joker.

One thing that drove me nuts just had to confirm it later was they had this opening scene in Season 5

which was a clear flash forward, set at night very moody, and when they went back to it at the end of the season it was freakin' daytime! That's one bit that's pretty shoddy though.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  10. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    This is probably the best answer. The show probably would have benefited overall if they had more 12-episode season like season 5, instead of 22-episode seasons.

Amazing.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003
    I watched the first three seasons of Gotham but stopped watching early in season four - after Pyg and the re-introduction of Ivy. I didn't care for the Barnes/virus storyline in season three then season four wasn't moving as quickly as I hoped. I was interested in the Joker and other villains but didn't want to devote the time to watch an entire season of teases. The promos for season 5 never recaptured my attention - it appeared Bane was the focus and I never cared for that character. I am curious about the final episode but I would be lost after not watching 20+ episodes.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Actually...

The last one is set ten years later. The one before felt like the series finale, the actual last one felt more like the first episode of a new series. So I think you could actually watch the last episode without seeing most of 4/any of 5.

13. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003
    That's good to know. I will consider it.

DarthIshyZ likes this.