main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 203: Children of the Force

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Jul 7, 2011.

?

Grade the Episode - 203: Children of the Force

Poll closed Jul 7, 2011.
  1. 10

22.2%
  2. 9

7.4%
  3. 8

22.2%
  4. 7

18.5%
  5. 6

11.1%
  6. 5

7.4%
  7. 4

3.7%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

7.4%
  1. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010

Like some of the action, but it was still a bit lacking. Felt fast to me. I liked the trick Anakin used to track where Bane's ship had been.

I also see some saying the beggining is inconsistent with "Cargo of Doom" and I have to say after watching it again that it really isn't, not in an overtly huge way. Cargo ends with Anaking, Obi-Wan, and Yularen talking in the bay, but Children begins differently. It has a skip, and much of it is the Clones talking, then Anakin and Ahsoka, and more than enough time for Yularen to just get to the bridge when Bane makes his escape.

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    :rolleyes:

3. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    7/10. It was "okay". Sheer filler, but it at least had some nice action scenes, and Grim Reaper styled Sidious Holograms, but it just felt unecessarily convoluted. And Mustafar was not needed at all. If there is one thing that TCW needs to stop doing, it is going to movie planets.

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Merely sarcasm per the wink icon, Alexrd.

Indiana Jones and KOTOR references are normally present in TCW episodes, along with multiple sources. In Children of the Force, there is no doubt the whip and lightsaber gags were Indy references.

5. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Good episode but a let down in comparison to the previous episodes.
    The holocron not being copied comment especially annoyed me.

6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    9/10
    Reading through the responses, I'm surprised by the amount of hate for this episode.

- The only thing I didn't like was dragging in Mustafar. Are the writers that limited in the planets they can feature?

+ Palpatine utterly dismissing Ahsoka is consistent with the fine line that the writers have to tread whenever there may be any interaction between the two, but I wonder if that attitude causes Ahsoka to become increasingly distrustful of the Chancellor and creation friction between her and Anakin just as it did between Obi-Wan and Anakin.

@fanboy - hilarious banghead.gif LOL.

7. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    8/10

Yeah, I'm surprised by the hate for this episode. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't horrible either.

8. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    WHAT? NO WAY! :rolleyes: [face_talk_hand] o_O I posted "First!!!!!" and it seems you're the only one that really cared. Congratulations.

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Obi-Wan? I suppose you mean Ahsoka....

Whip was no doubt indy-reference but even if it wasn't it felt like that to me- I heard ti-di ti-dii tidi-tii.... in my head [face_cowboy] :p and knowing Filoni loves Indy it caused ":oops: "-reaction - once again Filoni stuffs his favorite stuff to TCW- such a selfish guy.... I do like Indy but his uniqueness is gone pretty well if all bad*sses use whip as well as gun- Bane was Indylike to me even without whip since they both have same westernstyle while Bane has larger hat than fedora...

and don't you people understand that "horrible" is a subjective opinion- like you Gamek "this episode was not horrible" not from your point of view but that's just opinion not objective truth for someone else this may've been "horrible"

I would say it was poorly executed, rushed and shoddy- Ghost of Mortis however.....[face_laugh]

Next episode will be considered horrible by many but not me.... for unknown reasons i can stand it- even with Padmé-

10. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    8/10

Fun ep, but it seemed to go a little too fast. I know they have limited time to fit everything in a 22 minute episode, but they have done much better with pacing in other eps. Cad Bane is still pretty darn cool, though. :cool:

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I hate the stupid people on YouTube that post FIRST LOL on every single bloody video.

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    ^Youtube...:oops: most comments there are pure crap:p

13. EstarGuars

EstarGuars Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2011
    8/10. Good animation. Mustafar wasn´t needed. The Galaxy seems to be very little now.

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ^Yup. Would have been cool if they had used say, Gree Anselm. Could have made sense with the plot too.

15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    All this time I've been pronouncing it wrong! :oops:

Gotta remember: Kit Fisto looks Glee-ful.

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    7.5/10 rounded up to 8/10.

Also surprised at the hate.

All the Bane stuff was fantastic, as far as I'm concerned.

We got Sidious hatching a plan and referencing his Hands (Force-sensitive spies). We got Mace and Obi-Wan teaming up. We got multi-mind-trick, which I thought was actually a cool concept.Sidious was super creepy but I'm starting to get confused as to how holograms work - it was weird to see him walking around the facility and peering into the children's cribs.

Ahsoka was somewhat irritating (suggesting they team up for the mind trick, etc.) but not as bad as some earlier episodes.

I liked the fuel computer trick, really wished they had stayed away from Mustafar. I agree that they packed too much into the episode but it was fun to see the various environments.

Nice to see the Jedi actually using the Force this episode - the mind trick, the meditation to find where the children will be taken (N.B. they could have used this technique about 8 billion other times in the series), and Ahsoka sensing where the children were (and Obi/Mace sensing there were no children aboard the station).

A few comments:

- Did Bane ever give the Holocron data to Sidious? Wasn't sure by the end - so even though Jedi got the Holocron back, Sidious has the data?

- Interesting line of Sidious "among the Jedi, there are no innocents". - What did he mean by this? Does he mean it's a war and the children are part of it, or does he actually think the Jedi are a problem? I always assumed he just wanted to rule the galaxy and the Jedi were in the way, but here it seems like he has this personal loathing for the Jedi.

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    -Not on screen. I'll assume the exchange either physically or somehow of data happened off screen.

-I've always thought Sidious does see the Jedi as the problem. After they are gone some order or balance will exist in his point of view.

And I agree Cad Bane is mostly awesome.

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Fuelcomputer trick was cheap and stupid plotholefiller:oops:

Explain why Rebels have secret base in ANH if Vader knows just to check their fueling info?
    So this episode don't work with OT.... some kind of IU-logic would be fine but no..... where does this trick disappear since no one uses this easy trick again to track down anyone?....

If fueling info can be deleted Bane was fool when he forgot- so i go with that explanation Bane was fool and didn't delete it... also tones down his Gary Stuness that was nearly disgusting in this episode....

20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Not sure how fueling info would help Vader in ANH.

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Very much- they would find a hidden fortress of rebels or any other fueling post of their spaceships since starships are striking from a hidden base they are probably fueled there as well....

22. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, um, no Swash.

23. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Why not -where is the difference really?

24. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I just noticed the faces for the first time.

[​IMG]