main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode 4.07: "Kindred" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 7, 2017.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 14, 2017.
  1. 10

18.2%
  2. 9

45.5%
  3. 8

24.2%
  4. 7

6.1%
  5. 6

6.1%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]
    Have you watched "Kindred" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.​
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!​
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

2. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    8/10

+ The big moment for me was the Kanera kiss. And the Crew's reaction (Yeah look at them, Sabine. That'll be you and Ezra someday). This whole episode was just full of spirit for The Spectres, I felt.
    + Ruhk is certainly an interesting character. Very deep voice, I like it.
    + Lol Ryder. HOW HAVE YOU PEOPLE STAYED ALIVE THIS LONG!?
    + I'm glad Thrawn actually lost a bit of his composure. I want to start seeing what this character is so praised for (never read the novels, sorry).
    +/- The wolf moments were very intriguing but I felt it was rather anticlimactic. All that for a teleport? I was expecting a big reveal.
    - Hera escaped a little too easily for my liking, though she did have to commit to a crazy stunt to do it.

episodenone likes this.
  3. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Despite the Jedi Mysticism (which overall was done well and got my interest), I quite enjoyed this one. I especially liked the hints they gave regarding both the Force and the Empire.

It really created a feeling of impending doom. That something was waiting for them just over the horizon, like a calm before the storm.

Rukh was nice but his role was limited. I was a little annoyed that his first appearance resulted in a failure to catch either Jai or Ezra, but he did find their base in the end. I hope he has a bigger role in future episodes.

The highlight for me was the Hera and Kanan scene. Very well done.

8/10

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    8/10. I dig the whole mysticism thing. It's not to the extreme that the Mortis Episodes were from TCW, but it's still a nice touch. Certainly the two best scenes involved Hera: the scene where she finally shared that special moment with Kanan, and that awesome scene where she flew through the Imperial construction sphere on hyperdrive.

5. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    10/10 my favourite episode this season. I loved everything in it and had a great fun watching it.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    10/10 well the wolves were definitely something

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Dopey in love... [face_love]

[​IMG]

8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I gave it a 6/10 - only because I wanted more explanation about the wolves and their relationship to the Force. I hope it is revisited before the show is over.

9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    9/10

+ Kanan and Hera's kiss.
    + Everything about Loth-wolves and the white Loth-cat. I'm glad of the explanation that it has a deep connection to the Force instead of being a reincarnation/animal form of Ahsoka or Depa Billaba. And it has a purpose that we don't know yet. They also seem to like Kanan in particular. Strange considering Ezra is the one who has affinity with animals. Ezra also finally learns about Kanan's real name, I wonder if that means Kanan will give up his current name and come back to being Caleb Dume by the end of the series.
    + The tunnel become some kind of hyperspace thing and then the crew ended up in the southern hemisphere. Would like to know if this is a particularity of Lothal or if it could happen in any other systems in the galaxy.
    + Speeder bike chase!
    + Rukh and Pryce rivalry. I got the feeling she's starting to be fed up with Thrawn, we'll see.
    + Hera going into hyperspace right under the empire's nose. That's my girl
    + Cave paintings and their possible meaning for Ezra and Kanan's arcs.
    + Zeb finally doing something instead of being just the comic relief.
    + Great animation and soundtrack as always.

10. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    + Fade-in opening follows nicely from the previous episode's ending
    + The opening dialogue and the note of the Ghost crew being on Lothal before meeting Ezra, perhaps being drawn to it
    + More juxtaposition, even between Pryce and Rukh
    + Zeb's reaction to Ryder shooting at him
    + "You know how one problem usually leads to another?"
    + Hera and the ground crew escaping through tunnel-like spaces
    + The loth-wolves abilities' stemming from the Force as a natural energy

9/10

11. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    8/10

Great episode. Not one of the best episodes Rebels did, but some of the moments, like Hera's and Kanan's kiss, were up there.

12. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    This was a great episode; a very good continuation from the previous one and even better in many ways, especially with the Loth-wolves showing up again and helping the gang escape from the Imperials (that mysterious journey through the caves which saw them waking up on the other side of the planet was something else) so I really liked all of that, Force mysticism and all; that was the highlight of the episode for me and the heart of the story.

I also liked a lot of the other stuff. The introduction of Rukh, Thrawn's assassin, was good and he's an interesting character; I liked that he isn't a pushover and actually did a good job chasing after Ezra and Jai (and that he even thought of using a homing beacon to track them was great thinking; no stormtroopers ever thought of that) & Pryce butting heads with him and wanting to show that she's better was interesting (that she talks down to him for not taking the rebels at once was kind of amusingly hypocritic seeing as he's already been shown to be more competent than her troopers). The moments between Kanan and Hera were just as good; it was great that they finally got an uninterrupted moment to share their love (that kiss was long overdue); I hope that this isn't the last time they are together because I got that feel here. There were also other good bits and pieces scattered throughout.

In short, I think that this is the follow up I wanted after seeing the previous episode and I don't have any direct complaints either since it did everything quite well, ranging rrom the humor to the action and the character moments (topped with the Loth-wolf and Loth-cat elements) so yeah, very solid episode.

9/10

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  13. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    ICAM! I'm loving the Loth-wolf thing. I want to know their deal w/the Force. Kanan seems to have some type of connection w/them. Let's dig deep. I also like Rukh considering...he's uh competent. The K&H scene was nice. I'm wondering now if she'll never see Kanan again. We know her and Chopper make it in R1, everyone else is up in the air.

9/10