main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode 4.08: "Crawler Commanders" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 7, 2017.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 14, 2017.
  1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

9.7%
  3. 8

25.8%
  4. 7

45.2%
  5. 6

12.9%
  6. 5

3.2%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

3.2%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]
    Have you watched "Crawler Commanders" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.​
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!​
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

2. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    6/10 from me. Slightly above average.

Not a whole lot to say about it, though I did like the Mining Guild Captain and worker. Zeb got a much-needed moment to shine after all the bench-warming he's been doing.

The ending sure hyped me up for next week, though.

3. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Overall, I liked the episode, but not as much as "Kindred."

Some scenes I liked were for example Kanan and Zeb against the slave master, Hera convincing the others to act, Ezra and the scene with Seevor's death (The symbolism was well done with the furnace and the lighting), the ending with the news about the attack, and seeing Vizago again.

I wasn't as fond about the captain, it felt they could have done more with his character. His guest voice actor (Seth Green) deserved better IMO.

7/10

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    7/10. Not as good as the previous episode, but I guess it was there just to continue the flow. It's weird that after all was said and done, the Stormtroopers who still couldn't recognize that the new slave master on the crawler was a Lasat as opposed to the Trandoshan. Maybe that was the Lasat they were looking for?

5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    7. Most of this episode was filler. If it weren't for the bit with Hera on Yavin IV it would completely be filler. That being said, the action was decent and we actually got to see two folks die, which hasn't happened much recently.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I wish that it had more of a connection to the last episode, but it was good none the less 9/10

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    It was a fine, old school 'Rebels Romp' - I do wonder if there's going to be enough time to really explore the wolves, or are we going to get short sticked due to the end of te series.

8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    8/10

A glimpse of dark side Ezra was great. Remind me of shades of Anakin in TCW.

9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    7/10
    + Zeb still actually doing something instead of acting like a background character. The whole Ghost crew did actually DO something instead of just Sabine and Ezra like we had since the start of this season.
    + Vizago and his acting skills. I really missed him.
    + Ezra trying to imitate the Trandoshan was hilarious. I actually really like the humor in this episode.
    + Hera's speech to convince the Alliance High Command to finally launch the attack. I felt she was upset when Mothma told her to wait outside.
    - The captain was kind of annoying and I didn't even cared that he died.

10. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    + Hera and Vizago
    + More about what's been happening on Lothal
    + Ezra's comment about crawling through vents, perhaps reflecting his progression
    + Ryder gaining faith
    + The "Zeb Rock" callback

The odd thing with this one is I'm not sure how seriously to take it. I think The Wynkahthu Job, with the same position in S3, is a more solidly fun episode.

7/10

11. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    7/10

Solid episode, but not one of the greats.

12. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I thought this was a very fun and enjoyable episode, not as important to the overall story as the previous one but still quite good. Liked the plot about the group boarding the Mining Guild ore crawler to hijack it and use the communications equipment to contact he rebel base on Yavin IV and the action was solid as was the humor (this was a pretty funny episode). I liked that they did something different here s a break from the previous plot-heavy episodes but I don't think this was filler.

The Trandoshans as the bad guys worked well and a nice break from all the Imperials (the captain, Seevor, was an interesting bad guy as he wasn't the usual big and muscular Trandoshan), it was great that Zeb got a lot to do (not just fighting the Trandoshan overseer whom he was lucky to get rid of but also play the captain for the Stormtroopers), it was nice to see Vizago again and him having an important role (and leaving on good terms with the Ghost crew in the end) and the last confrontation between Ezra & Seevor was good too (and it still seems that gravity is the biggest nemesis of the Trandoshans).

So overall, I quite liked this a lot. It wasn't an amazing episode but it was still good and entertaining and had a lot of stuff I just really liked; it was sort of like an classic, 'old school' Rebels episode from the first or second season (I also got a little bit of a The Clone Wars vibe, but it might just be the Trandoshans which made me think of the TCW Season 3 finale).

8/10