main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode 4.10: "Jedi Night" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 20, 2018.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Feb 27, 2018.
  1. 10

48.3%
  2. 9

36.2%
  3. 8

6.9%
  4. 7

5.2%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

3.4%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]
    Have you watched "Jedi Night" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

Atollon_Dweller likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Kanan’s death already gets it up there. The music was amazing

10/10

Atollon_Dweller and TX-20 like this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave it an 8/10. A very good, memorable episode.

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Whole episode was great. I enjoyed it being told from Caleb's perspective to show how far he has come since season 1. He knew exactly what was going to happen and he pulled it off so perfectly to find victory in defeat and leave a strong legacy behind in Ezra.

I just don't see any reason to nitpick it, it would detract from the awesome, raw emotional impact of Caleb's heroic sacrifice. 10/10 for me.

5. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Loved it. I always believed Kanan (And Ezra) should die, and this gave Kanan the end he truly deserved.
    Plus, loopy Hera is the best Hera.
    10/10

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    NO Star Wars death has made me cry like this... not in 40 years of fandom.

7. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    10/10 Right up there with Twilight of the Apprentice for the best of the series. Even though you knew what the end game was most of the episode, the way they handled it was incredibly well done. Liked how they made mention of project Stardust to tie into Rogue One too. Top notches for the music and end title card. Kind of reminded me of when 24 would do the silent clock for a significant death on the show.

8. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015

SW, right now with the fabulous RO out there, a GREAT looking Solo movie on its way, a superb sequel trilogy more than half done, and other movies (Rian J & Weiss/Benioff) SW is again (other than my family), my life!

Loving every minute of it.

9. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    9/10
    Great episode. I was surprised at how much Kanan's death affected me emotionally.

10. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    9/10

This was one of my favorite episodes to date. It really did a good job of tying Rebels into the movie's story quite well.

11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Voted 9/10 and instantly regretted it. This is a 10/10 episode.

12. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Have to give it a 9/10. Only reason it isn't a perfect 10 is because I thought there was too much foreshadowing going on during the episode. They played the foreshadowing into the story but it was still foreshadowing.

13. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    5/10 because for me it was a suicide. He was just waiting the whole episode to die and I did not like it. They could fly away, there was time, he could work with Ezra to push them away, instead he ran straight into the fire. And for me it was just... sloppy writing. Kanan needed to go, so let's kill him in a beautiful explosion.
    The reason I didn't gave even lower grade was absolutely amazing "drunk" Hera.

Vialco, fett 4 and cwustudent like this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    If he knew he was going to die anyway, why not sacrifice yourself to save the ones you love?

15. SienneRe

Mar 23, 2016
    But why... because wolves told him so?
    When the death is more important than life? We win by surviving, to quote his own words. So Kanan lost and it was quite OOC for me unfortunately.

Because he didn't have to save them. They could all easily save themselves.

Vialco and fett 4 like this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    How do you know they would've survived the explosion if he didn't suppress it at that moment?

17. SienneRe

Mar 23, 2016
    Because I'be been watching this show for over three years :) there were many much more closed calls.
    And the way it was animated... he had time to run into the fire, why not to jump, shout Sabine go! and push with Ezra to help?

So yeah for me it was bad and his foreshadowing made it even worse.

fett 4 likes this.
  18. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    There really is no pleasing some people and really that is ok because everyone has, and is entirely entitled to there own opinions. However - it was not bad writing/storytelling, cheap, an easy way out or poor delivery. It was exceptional writing and great entertainment, and more importantly someone's vision of a storyline in how THEY wanted to tell it.

Those that don't like it or agree with it, just as in the deaths of Padme, Boba Fett, Han, Luke, Admiral Ackbar etc......are fans that feel something towards those characters, a connection to their fictitious lives if you like. They don't like it and complain because their stories do not turn out the way THEY as fans/viewers wanted/envisioned. Those people let themselves down by saying its terribly poor viewing or storytelling, or worse, not necessary. The writers and creators of this story (their vision) felt it necessary, and that's all that matters really.

19. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Lol this is right up there with "only Sith deal in absolutes / "chancellor palpatine is evil" [face_laugh]

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Ok I may be out of the loop on this one, but when did Ackbar die?

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    TLJ, in the slowest chase sequence ever shown on film.

Vialco likes this.
  22. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    I worded that poorly, but surely you get where I'm coming from. There are MANY, many works of literature, fiction, movie's TV shows that are very well made, with great stories and well written, that I just do not care for, do not like some of the decisions made by the writers/directors and disagree with storylines, but that does not make them bad.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Ok I forgot that scene.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    To be honest mate I would just ignore that guy's comments, he keeps coming back to this forum to troll despite hating the show.

25. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    In this case I was not hating the show but simply showing up the funny side of a slightly contradictory statement.
    Also I don't hate the show. I don't think it's very good (it could've been though in jmo) but I certainly don't hate it. Its just a cartoon at the end of the day.