main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode 4.12: "Wolves and a Door" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 27, 2018.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Mar 6, 2018.
  1. 10

17.8%
  2. 9

42.2%
  3. 8

15.6%
  4. 7

13.3%
  5. 6

2.2%
  6. 5

2.2%
  7. 4

2.2%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

4.4%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]
    Have you watched "Wolves and a Door" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    9/10
    +a new, compelling villain in Haydn
    +exploring jedi lore and the ones
    +good humor (chopper getting scooped up by the loth wolf was great)
    -Death Troopers yet again being relegated to fodder. I dont mind the mind trick, but I do mind them being seemingly everywhere now and apparently not being efficient at their job.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    8/10
    I always liked the Mortis story, and I'm glad they factored it into Rebels. The animation with the painting was really cool.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Good set up to the next episode. 9/10

5. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Fun (very similar opening to "Flight of the Defender"), immersive, and intriguing. 10/10

6. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    9/10
    Really good set up, good villain introduction, decent use of Death Troopers (I'm impressed), and it got me hyped for the next one.

7. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    I gave it a 7/10 as I felt it was more of a set up episode, but it's kind of difficult to judge it on it's own as they are so obviously a pair. The introduction of the Minister was great and the mortis artwork/animation just stunning.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    7/10. I hate Mortis, but it’s artwork, and I appreciated the setup for what is coming. The portal gave me a bit of a Farscape vibe. I also like Hydan as a villain although he came out of nowhere, and the wolves reminded me of the thestrals from Harry Potter in the way they were used.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  9. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I really liked this ep. I liked the introduction of this temple and seeing what'll it do for. I LOVE the Loth Wolves as well so every time they pop up is cool. And seeing Ezra and Sabine is fun, their dynamic is always so fun to watch.

10/10

10. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    9/10

Loved Minister Hyden and his interactions with Sabine, too bad he died at the end.

11. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    A great episode even though it was more or less just the prologue to the next one and had a lot of stuff to enjoy. Really liked the continuation of Ezra's new mission to theJedi temple and seeing the crew ride on the Loth wolves was pretty sweet (Chopper getting scooped up by one of them and letting out a shriek was hilarious, by the way) and the group sneaking inside the Imperial camp had a lot good moments (I liked their Thrawn hologram ploy and the disgruntled stormtrooper complaining about having to file reports was quite funny).

Loved the concept of the Empire conducting an archaeological dig at the underground temple (with echoes of both 'Raiders of The Lost Ark' and 'Close Encounters Of The Third Kind') at the orders of Emperor Palpatine and the new villain, minister Veris Hydan, was a solid villain and different from the Imperial military personnel we've seen so far. The stuff with the cave paintings that Ezra activated with the Force was some really good stuff; I liked how they seemed to use 2D animation for the movements and the fact that they brought back "the Mortis ghosts" was an interesting inclusion.

9/10