main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode 4.14: A Fool's Hope

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 6, 2018.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Mar 20, 2018.
  1. 10

10.0%
  2. 9

46.7%
  3. 8

20.0%
  4. 7

16.7%
  5. 6

3.3%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

3.3%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]
    Have you watched "A Fool's Hope" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.

Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!

Note: This poll will close two weeks from now.​

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    9/10.
    +great music
    +seeing everyone back together again
    +great action, probably the best infantry battle in the series. No walkers or tanks but the Rebels were based on a steep mountain so they would be less effective. Pryce also seemed to learn that airstrikes were ineffective from previous episodes so that shows her actually thinking tactically even though she lost in the end.
    +a bit of cathartic loth wolf carnage for the adults who had to sit through the mood-ruining kiddy commercials.
    -They tried a little too hard with the Ryder deception. The fact that Pryce only needed Ezra alive and didn't execute Ryder with the other Rebels when she had the chance is a bit convenient. I won't call it a plot hole since she's been established as incompetent.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    9/10
    It was certainly refreshing to see the entire squad, including the "extras" back together again one last time. The whole Ryder deception bit did fool me; especially when he purposely didn't shoot at Rukh when given the chance to. It was a good lead overall to the finale.

4. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    8,5/10

Great battle, I loved how they planned to capture Governor Pryce for their attack on the Imperial CIty. The scenes with the wolves were brutal. Really enjoyed seeing all the characters together.

5. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Solid episode, and microcosm of the rebel cause, to bring some characters back and set the finale stage. 9/10

+ Hondo's always a highlight (that cargo ship really was close)
    + I didn't expect the epic wolf shot to be in this one, so that was cool
    + Ezra's first scene is reminiscent of Kanan
    + Hera pulls the Solo swat maneuver

6. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    8/10. This was excellent. Great action & gave me alot of hope for the finale, which almost but didn't quite deliver IMO.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Just saw this one actually. It was really good set up for the next episode and if I had not known ahead of time, I would have thought Ryder had actually turned. 10/10

8. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Great episode, not only as a lead-in to the finale but taken on it's own as well. What made it stand out (and arguably what made it great) was that it had some of the very best action in the series (maybe even the best), some very intense sequences and also a lot of great little character moments throughout (and essentially everyone involved got something cool to do).

For one thing I loved Zeb going nuts with the blaster cannon but Ezra sending out the Loth wolves to tear into the stormtroopers and catch Pryce was the standout scene. I also liked Ryder's ploy to lure in the Imperials which made it seem like he was gonna betray the Rebels until the last moment where it all came into place

Overall, it was a great action-oriented episode and a good first part of the finale.

9/10

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018