main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 419 "Massacre"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Feb 29, 2012.

?

Grade the Episode - 419 "Massacre"

Poll closed Feb 29, 2012.
  1. 10

27.6%
  2. 9

13.8%
  3. 8

20.7%
  4. 7

13.8%
  5. 6

6.9%
  6. 5

3.4%
  7. 4

3.4%
  8. 3

3.4%
  9. 2

3.4%
  10. 1

3.4%
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    On a scale from 1 to 10, what score do you give this episode?

Please note this is NOT the episode discussion thread, so please limit the discussion to the grades and overall evaluation of the episode.

Grade average (30 votes): 7.5

2. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    This was an entertaining episode with a great ending. It didn't have much substance but it had plenty of Landing at Point Rain-style action. Two things that bothered me were the dialogue (...do you pledge yourself to the oooooold waaaaays?) and Grievous' failure to even touch Ventress. Still, it was nice to see him get at least a tactical victory.

Overall, I'd have to give the episode a 7.5/10, rounded to 8.

3. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
  4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hmmmm... I think I'm going to wait to watch this a second time before I vote. I liked the episode, but it was just... weird. Made me depressed a little. Maybe I'll get a different impression if I see it again.

5. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    9/10
    Overdone voodoo majicks marred this otherwise action-packed, intense, nearly perfect episode.

6. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    6/10 A mediocre episode with some major problems, but enough eye candy to put it ever so slightly above the median.

7. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Gave it a 4.

That's generous considering the fact that I was bored out of my mind watching this silly voodoo zombie nonsense crap.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    8. Biggest plus was crazy Force powers we've never seen before. Biggest detractor was the music being too typical rather than fitting the story.

9. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    5/10 Some things to like, but as much not to.

10. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    9/10

Best since Carnage of Krell.

11. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    yr pnn s wrng

12. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    3/10. Hard to believe I've got the lowest vote (with a validating post, I suppose) in the thread, but this was an example of everything I can't stand about TCW. Well, not everything, but most things.

The dialogue, after being fantastic in the Krell and Haarko arcs and acceptable in the Slaves arc, was absolutely terrible. I wasn't being sarcastic when I said Scooby-Doo quality.

And that's what Talzin reminded me of as well, I'm honestly surprised she didn't take off her mask at the end to reveal herself as the professor who would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those damned droids.

And while Talzin was unbelievably superpowered, the rest of the Nightsisters were a disappointment.

The action, while okay, wasn't at the level of Point Rain or Umbara, and could not save the episode.

13. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    ^ Yeah, you're making me wish I'd graded it a 2 or 3 instead of a 4. [face_frustrated]

14. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I was going to give it a 7, but a second viewing brought it up to 8.

From the perspective of characterisation of Grievous, Dooku, the battle droids, Ventress and Talzin, this was very decent. From the perspective of providing some other thematic elements relating to the Nightsisters and the actual battle between them and the CIS, the episode was a disappointment.

The dialogue was typically expositionary Katie Lucas fare, but I eventually tolerated it. The negative aspects were outweighed by the positive aspects.

15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'll give it a 7 myself. I just watched it again and it is an entertaining episode with a little bit of suspense to it. Its dark and one of the more depressing episodes of TCW. But the dialogue is weak and its not got alot of rewatchability for me. I also have a really hard time understanding what Grievous is saying in this one for some reason.

16. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    I gave it a 6. Only because I was grading lesser eps a 5..... :confused: Words can't discribe the dissappointment. I'm glad I watched ANH on blu-ray last night to brighten my love of Star Wars. This series is bringing me down...

17. Combine115

Combine115 Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2015
  18. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    10 - one of my favorite CW episodes, though I was sad that almost all of Talzin's coven was killed. Bring back the Nightsisters and Nightbrothers in Rebels!

19. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    9/10 - Brilliant episode, full of memorable moments. Zombie nightsisters, Grievous vs. Ventress, Talzin being epic, her final betrayla of Ventress, Dooku getting remotely tortured...