main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Grand Admiral Thrawn in TROS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jabba The Gut, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Jabba The Gut

Jabba The Gut Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2019
    PLEASE excuse the noobiness....but....Has anybody considered that the reserve fleet seen in the trailer for TROS could be lead by Grand Admiral Thrawn, and we finally get to see a link to him in this grand story that’s Star Wars???? I did a search and couldn’t find anything, but if I missed it please point it out to me and I’ll be merrily on my way. However, if not please let me know your thoughts! I think it would be a fantastic bridge to thy most interesting character.

2. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    A cameo in the Cassian series would cool.

3. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I'm hoping that Thrawn is leading Palpatine's fleet.

4. Jabba The Gut

Nov 11, 2019
    I do believe he could slip into this timeline. Wasn’t he a special forces type Admiral with superior intellect or something like that? I could see Palpy telling him to “chill” in the unknown till a signal is given. Something in my gut tells me he got that signal.

5. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    If Thrawn is brought into IX....give him the proper back story.

Generational Fan likes this.
  6. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    The new Thrawn novels give a good backstory but, IMO, that story should be told in a miniseries before he appears in a full fledged film (or trilogy of films). IMO Thrawn would make a great protagonist for the post-ROTS Star Wars universe. In the books he's hardly an evil war lord and there's no reason to assume that he would be the next great villain. His story in the new Thrawn books is that damned good. It's so good in fact that Zahn just announced that he's been hired to write three more Thrawn books that tell even more of his backstory. I can't wait!

7. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I'd love to see a Thrawn trilogy.

8. KSennia

KSennia Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Thrawn is pretty cool. I'm in.

9. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Thrawn being unpowered would be tough to weave into TROS, especially with Pryde occupying his role. May be at one point Hux says to Pryde "you're no Thrawn" and Pryde rips his own face off to reveal he's really Thrawn.:p

RetropME, Jabba The Gut and astinus4 like this.
  10. Jabba The Gut

Nov 11, 2019
    Hahahahaha that’s great! Lol

11. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Thrawn should have been in 7 through 9.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Thrawn wolud suit better for a story after the Skywalker saga. As in the Skywalker saga, he would never be the main villain only a secondary, like Tarkin and Hux are with few minutes of screen time and enough exposure. Force users are the villains in the Skywalker saga. Thrawn would be better for standalones or tv shows.

13. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    they won't have thrawn there . they don't wanna give away any potential ending of the search for him and Ezra storyline

14. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    I'll say it. They clearly had no new ideas for who the villain should ultimately be so they shoulda just went with Thawn. He is a different type of villain than the ones weve seen in regards to a galactic threat. They coulda found a way to include Kylo in this discussion but forget Snoke and now Sheev.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The main villain was always gonna be a force user and not a military guy, he would reduced to a secondary character like Tarkin and Hux. Kylo would be a central character in the conflict with a more ancient being guiding him.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  16. Jamtia1

Jamtia1 Jedi Knight star 1

May 27, 2019
    I wouldn't have minded Thrawn replacing Hux.

astinus4 likes this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah but then that would have runied Thrawn character for some as he is not the same as the FO. he wants peace and security not total domination of the galaxy.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  18. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Just have Marvel comics do a Star Wars multiverse whatever they call it crossover. Jaina Solo and Rey fighting together side by side. Forget thrawn

Darthur C. Clarke likes this.
  19. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    I've been saying there's a multiverse in SW ever since the World Between Worlds was shown in Rebels. As far as I'm concerned, it's entirely possible the old EU timeline is what happened before Ahsoka got pulled through to survive her duel with Vader. Changes that rippled out from that moment could be what changed everything to the timeline we have now.

Meaning there's a universe out there which contains/contained Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin Solo; Mara Jade and Ben Skywalker; Kyp Durron....and everyone else us old Legends diehards loved. There are so many possibilities with this idea.

RokurGepta, Blobofat and DarthHass like this.
  20. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    we can dream right?

how about instead of thrawn, we get admiral daala? That’s a female imperial villain id like to see in the new canon

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    astinus4 and Darthur C. Clarke like this.
  21. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Personally, I'm a huge Thrawn fan. Daala was ok in Jedi Academy, but I liked her better in Fate of the Jedi as the Chief of State. Or rather, feared her more. Frankly, I just like the idea of a door open to the Star Wars I always loved. Honestly, I'm bigger on the old EU than any of the movies, including the OT. And while I know how drastically of a minority opinion that is, I'd say there's still enough fans of it to make it worth having access to again.

DarthHass likes this.