main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Grandpa Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (Legacy Special Edition) - Han/Soontir - Complete 11/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Title: GRANDPA WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
    Author: TKeira_Lea
    Timeframe: post-Destiny?s Way AU
    Characters: Han Solo, Soontir Fel, Keira Winter Fel, Jaina Solo-Fel, Syal Fel, Briaun Fel
    Genre: Old-fashioned fun
    Keywords: AU
    Notes: Missing short story fit into the timeframe of Legacy
    Summary: Han and Soontir battle for title of Supreme Grandpa.

Disclaimer: Lucasfilm owns all the rights to Star Wars. I don?t. No infringement is intended or profit to be made by me.

To [b][color=red]Force Evolution Series[/b][/color] fans, welcome back! To new readers, welcome!

This short story is a little fun injected into the darker drama of my novel, [b][color=green]Legacy[/color][/b]. You don't necessarily need to have read the whole series to enjoy the mayhem of this story. Only need to know would be that Keira is the daughter of Jaina Solo-Fel and Jag Fel. Otherwise the story speaks for itself.

I will be updating this story on Tuesdays until it is complete. I hope you have as much fun reading as I have had writing this.

[hr]

[b]GRANDPA WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK[/b]

Nerfloaf slices. Pickled quanis. Gak cheese. Egg spread. Mustavi sauce. A loaf of wheaten bread.

Carefully Han balanced each item in his arms. Kicking the cooler door shut, he turned slowly and eased toward the kitchen counter. The gak cheese teetered with each tenuous step, and he struggled to sway just enough to keep the cheese in its place on the mountain of food.

Left. Right. Back. Back some more. Big step forward. Lean.

"Oh?"

[i]Plop![/i]

"? no."

Despite the sound, Han grinned victoriously. The wayward lump of cheese had landed on the lip of the counter top. With an unceremonious dump, he deposited the rest of his bounty right along side. Surveying the items one more time and deciding that indeed he had all the fixings of a great sandwich, Han busied himself making a meal fit for a Wookiee.

He laid out four slices of wheaten bread in a square, applying egg spread to the right most two and Mustavi sauce on the left two. Nerfloaf? three slices each ? on the right. Gak cheese on the right. Fold the left onto the right and Han was left with two thick nerf and cheese sandwiches. A couple of pickled quanis beside them on the plate were all that was necessary to complete his idea of a perfect lunch.

Han scooped up the plate, shuffled past the cooler to grab a bottle of Wraith?s, and headed for the family room, where sounds of boisterous smashball fans rolled from the holovid.

Number 34 ? Ghance Windrunner ? ran for the goal, ducking his shoulder and powering a menacing charge.

"Go. Gogogo!" Han juked and jigged every step of the way with the Theed Nexus? sweeper.

Left. Right. Spin. Leap. Spin again. Goalbound ?

From seemingly nowhere, a Mon Cal Comet smashed through Windrunner at knee level. A second later the pair disappeared under a horde of tackling defensemen.

"Foul!" Han cried as he plopped into his beloved reclining chair. Old and tattered, it didn?t even hover or autoconform, yet he loved that chair. He had dragged it from Coruscant during the Vong Incursion and stowed it safely in the hold of the [i]Falcon[/i] until they had found their new home on Naboo. He had even engaged in all out marital feuding just to get it a rightful place among the more stylish furnishings of their household. Or maybe he just loved it because no one else did. Han wiggled a little and found the perfect spot in the cushion?s depressions.

Sitting in his favorite chair about to eat his favorite meal and drink his favorite drink while watching his favorite game, Han cocked a congratulatory grin. He was alone, left with a rare idle day. Nothing to do. Nowhere to be. Today was going to be a good day. There wasn?t even anyone in the house to impose on his great mood ?

[i]Buzz buzz.[/i]

Han?s curled mouth straightened at the intrusive sound of the comm system. For all

2. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    *snags first post*

Okay, now I gotta go read it! Right back!

[EDIT] Okay! I'm back!

And so are you, TKL! Thrilled to see you make your triumphant return! :D

Now, onto the post:

I love seeing the characters on their off-days, being normal people instead of pure heroes the way we see them most of the time. And Han is completely beliveable here.

Han scooped up the plate, shuffled past the cooler to grab a bottle of Wraith?s, :D Great touch!

I'm in love with Han's sandwich. Make me one sometime? [face_praying]

"Go. Gogogo!" Han juked and jigged every step of the way with the Theed Nexus? sweeper. [face_laugh] Sounds like me and my cousins watching SEC football. You have the guy reaction to sports down to a t. (Sidenote: Is it T? Or tee? Or tea? Who knows?)

He had dragged it from Coruscant during the Vong Incursion and stowed it safely in the hold of the Falcon until they had found their new home on Naboo. I love it! The details are what make stories so great, and I can so see Han doing that. :)

He was alone, left with a rare idle day. Nothing to do. Nowhere to be. Today was going to be a good day. There wasn?t even anyone in the house to impose on his great mood ? Yeah, right, Han. Like that's gonna happen.

"Han?" Leia?s voice never ceased to sound like music to his ears. [face_love] I love them so much.

And somehow, as always, she managed to make him feel guilty for making her feel guilty. That's Leia!

Long ago they had dubbed her time management skills the Great Solo Bureaucracy. [face_laugh] That cracks me up.

His daughter was clutching Keira to her, all the while sizing him up. [face_devil]

He could save the Rebellion from annihilation, but no woman in her right mind believed Han Solo capable of babysitting. [face_laugh] I love that, too!

Keira clapped her palms together excitedly and scooted back and forth in his arms.

"A Nexu fan, are you?"

She screeched merrily.

Han grinned. "That?s my girl."
    Han's such a man! So cute!

Han wandered back to his favorite chair. A grandfather and his first grandchild, watching smashball with a nerfloaf sandwich to share. Today was most definitely a good day. :D [face_love]

Wonderful little post, TKL. I love your stuff so much. Great way to kick off Grandpa Wars (and I love the subtitle). This is going to be so much fun! To quote someone (I don't remember who): I predict much hilarity! This will do a great job of tiding me over till January!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

3. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    2nd place

EDIT: Aww, yay! :) Thanks for giving us a bright light in the dark world that is currently profic.

4. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Oh, amen, BigFatty. We really needed this now.

*does not go off on a rant about Dark Nest* *does not* *does not*

:_|

5. lurker2209

lurker2209 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    Wow...I drag myself back to the boards after way to much time away and look what's here to greet me! This is so sweet, and I can't wait to see what kind of trouble Han and Kiera get into!

~Lurker

6. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    Yay! It's here! :D

I loved Han fixing his sandwich and sitting down to watch Smashball! Some things never change no matter what galaxy you're in! :p

My favorite part of the exchange: Han's sudden realization that he was stuck babysitting by himself and Jaina's realization of the same fact. [face_laugh]

7. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    :D Commander! Welcome back! I'm so glad to see new writings of yours, you have NO idea!!!

I'd love to comment additionally, but I've got to go to bed, major psych test tomorrow (dangit!) but I'm thrilled to the core that this is up! YAAAY! :D [:D]

I can't wait for Soontir's part! This is going to be great!

*settles down with popcorn and hot chocolate*

~Squishy

8. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] Very amusing.

9. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Aww Keira and Han are so cute together. Great post!

10. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    Wahoo! A day early even...

Poor Han, they think he can't handle it. I believe Han makes the perfect grandfather; good sense of humor, fierce loyalty, tough when he needs to be and certainly knows how to have a good time.

And Soontir... I can't wait.

Great start, TKL.

'night

JaY

11. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    ah TKL, I didn't know you were starting this now, but as the others said, it is defintely a welcome reprieve.

And you know I love 'battles' between the Solos and Fels, so I'm definitely reved up about this one.
    I could see where Jaina's doubt could temporarily surface with Han watching Keira on his own. After all the man does have a ship that's pratically duct-taped together. And you very well can't duct-tape a child together if you break it. :p But he did have kids of his own...

Looking forward to more!

12. Rebel-at-Heart

Rebel-at-Heart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2005
    TKL wrote:
    "Today was supposed to be his day, not spent babysitting a one-year-old Force sensitive child. The possibility for mayhem was endless."

[face_laugh] This is my favorite part!

Thank you so much TKL! :*

13. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    HA I LOVE YOU!!!

More after HW!

14. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    I'm not talking to all of you who replied before me [face_not_talking]

More soon...

They took my precious :_|

EDIT:

Ok It's time for reply :D

But first I need to point this out...

Characters: Han Solo, Soontir Fel, Keira Winter Fel, Jaina Solo, Syal Fel, Briaun Fel

NO JAG!!! How evil is that? ;) :p

Not being picky or something but Jaina lost some part of her surname somewhere [face_whistling] [face_mischief]

Ok over with this O:)

I love it already :D Han watching somekind of sport game was so real. It's almost like me when I watch soccer ( or football outside US ) :D

Leia working as always. Get a break women!!! ;)

And Keira was so sweet [face_love] You know why new books aren't as good as they could be? There is no Keira in it and there will never be unfortunately :_|

And to end I'll just say that as always it was a GREAT READ :D

15. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    *hugs wildly* Grandpa Wars!![:D] [face_laugh] =D=

Great work TKL!

Han thinking that no one seemed to trust him to baby-sit was great!

"Be good for Grandpa Han." Then she set a stern gaze on her own father. "And no spoiling."
    "Wha?" he offered innocently.

Han, spoil his granddaughter? No idea what your talking about!:p

I cant wait to see Soontir's turn at baby sitting!

~Misha

16. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    AWWW! Han would be such a great Grandpa! [face_love] (much better than a FEL! :p )

Nice job. :)

edit - Sightless eyes? Is this child blind? :eek:

17. Doc_Rosemary

Doc_Rosemary Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2003
    *storms into thread*

Whooo-hoooo!! NEW DIGS!! :p

*blinks*

Wow, I beat Red and Preggers! I'm shocked :eek: Lots of familier faces in here :D Darn, Chimpo did beat me :_| ;)

YES! Han got the first shot. Go scoundrels [face_mischief]

EDIT: SITHSPIT! BLOODY SOCK!! Now I remember why I never used this thing [face_frustrated]

18. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    ^
    ^
    |
    me [face_blush]

19. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! I really needed this! I've been SO depressed over the way the storyline is going in the EU right now. This is just what I needed! =D=

20. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    You?re back! :D :) :D [:D] [:D]
    *squeals in delight and tackles TKL in a crushing hug*
    Oops. [face_blush] Sorry about that.
    *steps back and gently brushes TKL off*
    Methinks, like others, I?ve been suffering from ?Dark Nest Depression? and this was the perfect pick-me-up! :D

I'm not sure if I can respond to this without gushing like Niagra Falls. I mean, sweet Force, even the way you describe a simple thing like Han Solo making a sandwich was just simply mesmerizing! The characterizations, as always, were spot-on; the many little details, gestures, etc. were just perfect . . . I could just go on, but you get the idea.

He could save the Rebellion from annihilation, but no woman in her right mind believed Han Solo capable of babysitting.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Priceless! :D

Great post, as always! :D I can't wait for more!

21. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    [/Yoda voice] Begun the Grandpa Wars have. :D

Shinar: Wow, I beat Red and Preggers! I'm shocked
    Just about everyone beat me. :oops: I can't believe I missed this last night. I've been waiting for this for so long.

[face_dancing] I love it so far. It sounds like a happy story. No more depressing angsty fics for a while. I think I've had my fill of them! Fanfic and profic. [face_tired] :p

Nerfloaf slices. Pickled quanis. Gak cheese. Egg spread. Mustavi sauce. A loaf of wheaten bread.
    Yum! =P~ That has all the makings of my favorite sammich! ;)

His daughter was clutching Keira to her, all the while sizing him up. Probably deciding whether she really wanted to do this. Han felt the same way. Today was supposed to be his day, not spent babysitting a one-year-old Force sensitive child. The possibility for mayhem was endless.
    The possibilities are indeed endless, I can't wait to find out in the next post. [face_mischief]

Han could almost see the inner struggle taking place behind his daughter?s deep brown eyes. Oddly enough it was the same look Leia had worn the first years with the twins. Even Winter had given him that disconcerting gaze on occasion. He could save the Rebellion from annihilation, but no woman in her right mind believed Han Solo capable of babysitting.
    [face_laugh] Forget the women! I can't wait for Soontir to come and rescue his granddaughter from Han's incompetent Rebel hands. [face_devil] :p

Han raised one hand, clutching Keira with the other. "Smugglers? honor."
    "Oh, that makes me feel much better," she said, rolling her eyes.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Han wandered back to his favorite chair. A grandfather and his first grandchild, watching smashball with a nerfloaf sandwich to share. Today was most definitely a good day.
    [face_thinking] That just tells me that my twin has something evil planned for poor hapless Han. [face_shame_on_you] Can't wait to find out. :D

22. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Woohoo! It?s started! :D [face_dancing]

You always write the Solo family dynamics so well, and this is no exception. The characters have so much depth, and they just feel so? real. If only the profic authors consistently treated the characters with this much devotion. =D=

Oh, and I do like that it?s a happy story. ;)

"Oh?"
    Plop!
    "? no."

Been there, done that. :oops: Such a man thing to do, carrying the entire sandwich prep in one massive armload. :p

He was alone, left with a rare idle day. Nothing to do. Nowhere to be. Today was going to be a good day.
    LOL! Nothing like that thought to jinx you. 8-} Just like having a bad feeling about it? ;)

Na taday bthy.
    [face_laugh] Now that?s Han, all right. Backtalking the comm through a mouthful of food ? that?s definitely scoundrel and not princess territory. :D

The crowd erupted. Announcers cheered. Han glanced back and bemoaned his misfortune.
    Oh, it?s so true! [face_laugh] :oops: :rolleyes: It?s like a curse. A curse! :mad:

"Oh, good." Han could picture the simple smile lighting her face. "Because I forgot to mention that ? "
    "Dad!"
    " ? Jaina is going to stop by in a little bit."
    "You don?t say."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Just perfect Han/Leia interaction. The timing, the words, the deadpan. Exactly how it should be. :cool:

"Sure. A couple hours," Han and Jaina answered in unison, grinning at each other.
    Heehee! Poor Leia. The galaxy reveres her, but her own family mocks her. :p

"I raised three of you little Jedi hellions. I think I manage with just one at a time." He wiggled his fingers expectantly.
    The gimme-gimme is the best. :D I can so easily picture Grandpa Han doing that. And who can argue with that reasoning? [face_mischief]

Awesome start! =D= Can?t wait to see Soontir?s side of this. ;)

23. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Chimpo: I too noticed the missing Jag. But, I was holding back from bringing it up because I was afraid TKL would come back with the 'd' word.

Jags Scoundrel: Dark Nest Depression.... so there is a name for it already.
    :p

24. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Just for you, Chimpo, I restored the goof on Jaina's name. And the lack of Jag only reflects the characters I have written into the posts at this point. Jag is most certainly alive in this story. Besides, all you suffering from DND will have plenty of Jag come Friday...

The Making of a Rebel

25. Sola_Halcyon

Sola_Halcyon Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    Reaching up with a nubby finger, she poked at his chin, then pulled on his lip. All the while, her sightless eyes wavered aimlessly.

My nephew likes to grab a hold of tiny corners of neck-flesh with his tiny, tiny sharp fingernails. Keira's method sounds less painful.

Sweet! Nice to have a break from the eternal scourge that is DN.

-Sola

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.