main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Grandpa Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (Legacy Special Edition) - Han/Soontir - Complete 11/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    [face_shame_on_you] Soontir forgot. Very amusing to see who is really in charge. [face_laugh]

Great update!

2. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    *waves at Red*

[:D]

~Mags~

3. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Return of the sandwich and the Nexu-Comet game! I love that Han and Soontir are cheering for opposite teams! Who will win, I wonder? :D Han and Soontir are way more alike than they want to admit...both Corellian softies beneath that facade. :D

Soontir got in trouble! :D [face_devil] That was fun!

he was reduced to cringing from the wrath of two women blessed with Fel fearlessness and Antilles underhanded wiles. Outnumbered was bad enough. That indomitable combination of traits simply wasn't fair. [face_laugh] Favorite line! Antilles underhanded wiles...LOL! [face_laugh]

I love the end, too. And I have a feeling Soontir doesn't trust Han with Keira any more than Jaina does... [face_devil]

Cute post!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

4. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    [face_laugh] I love how Jaina automatically asked for Syal. It's quite obvious who is in charge in that house :p Can't wait to see how Han reacts when Soontir shows up.... Great post!

5. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    TKL: Ugh! You and Red like the same sandwich!

What are you suggesting? :p

Red: Except that YK, being a vegetarian, would make his sammich with soy nerfloaf.

[face_laugh]

Yup, I just love those nerfs too much to eats them.

TKL: "What beautiful flowers, but not as beautiful as the woman who arranged them."

That old smoothie ;) He must be hanging out with Lando these days :p

Clawing free of the shirt, Soontir caught a last glimpse of her green hem as it flashed out the bedroom door. "But Syal ?"

He was gonna go to Tosche Station to pick up some power convertors :(

She didn?t say a word, just closed the sandwich, placed it on a plate with two pickled quanis, and shoved it his way.

You sure write about sammiches alot [face_thinking] Are you really this guy:

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/YodaKenobi/mattleblanc_friends_240.jpg]

o_O

"Really, she's fine. She's with my dad."

"Dear God!" Soontir said...

:p

Another good post, TKL :) Loved the way you wrote the relationships between the Fels. Not really a mystery who's in control there :p Great interaction all the way around, very and funny and well-written post :D

Looking forward to more :)

6. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    oh dear. I would LOVE to see what Han did. if Jaina doesn't trust him with Keira... yea you get the picture.

great postie!!

7. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    too cute!

I love the parallel sandwhich storylines..and Jaina being a mother..HA HA!

And how she wouldn't trust Soontir either about her qualms!

Oh dear...this is going to get interesting!

8. Rebel-at-Heart

Rebel-at-Heart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2005
    Her lips were perfect as always, and Soontir could taste them even as he moved in her direction. Oh, for a kiss ?

"You're home early," she noted with a causal smile, and walked right past him.

Uh-oh Syal, you never want to forget that welcome home kiss, it's important![face_shame_on_you]

It was their game, and Soontir gave it his all. He proclaimed himself the victor when her arms snaked around his neck and her lips tasted him back. Loosing a low moan, Syal showed him exactly how good ?

"Ew, gross!"

How many times have I heard that at my house! [face_blush]

"Oo doo eed doo et a oom."

It took me a few seconds to figure out what she said, but then I was lol![face_laugh]

I just love it when a story shows that passion doesn't fade even though the couple has been together a long time, because it's true, if the couple works at it. It's fun work too. [face_mischief] So many times writers act as if the last passionate kiss was before the last child! You did a great job with this. I love it. [face_love] I could handle at lot more too! :D [face_praying]

9. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Yup I def. just got what Briaun said *grin*

10. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    I know Big Fatty already commented, but this was just too funny. Me like GREEN.

Great update, I like how you are filling in the Fel family details, poor Soontir it didn't take long for Briaun to go rebel.

And Han really has a bad rep as a babysitter, hah? Looking forward to Keira taking care of Han and Soontir - hee-hee.

'night
    JaY

11. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    AWESOME JOB! THIS IS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER!

12. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Uh-oh. Did I hear the sound of shots being fired? Looks like the first wave of the Grandpa Wars is about to start. *gets out some popcorn* This will be good. And what's this about The Making of a Rebel? You mean we finally get some good ol' fashion mush? Yay![face_love]

-Vicster

13. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    I didn?t think you could write a post more hilarious than the first one, but you did! =D= This scene is a complete hoot from start to finish. Laughing so hard my sides hurt? :D

Oh, for a kiss ?
    Stunned, he watched her glide down the hall.

:oops: Oh, poor Soontir. There?s nothing quite as disconcerting ? or hot! =P~ ? a woman who?s in the mood to get a man all flustered? [face_batting]

"Da-ad!" she exclaimed, slamming the door shut.
    [face_laugh] Briaun is a riot! She may be a Fel, but she?s still a teenager. [face_mischief]

At first she responded with the silent folding of a basket of clothes. When his clothes kept getting tossed back into the mix, Soontir figured he had stepped in some glacier bull-sized poodoo.
    Oh, don?t you know it! :eek: :eek: Not good, big guy. [face_worried]

And thanks for the mental image of a pile of poodoo the size of a glacier bull. [face_sick] 8-}

"You had better be there, General Fel, or mark my words not even Thrawn's best tactics will save you."
    [face_laugh] Oh, that?s perfect! Just the perfect threat for Syal to make. =D=

"May I speak now?"
    Been there, done that. [face_blush] Absolutely in character for a duly emasculated man? [face_mischief]

"Only because you look so handsome standing there in your uniform. And only because you?re utterly lost without an entire platoon of Chiss aides to keep your comings and goings straight."
    [face_laugh] Poor Soontir. Will the laughs at his expense never end? :p

"What I am," he whispered, "is helpless around you."
    Ah, yes. That?s what makes it all worthwhile? [face_love]

"But?" Stunned, Briaun looked from her mother to her father, and back. "I thought he was in trouble?"
    Her fists popped to her hips, and Syal huffed, "Does it look like he was in trouble?"
    Briaun stared at her boots. "Uh? Not really."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Busted! [face_shame_on_you] It?ll take Briaun a while to learn the rules? And the joys of making up. :*

"Fel here."
    Okay, just have to say ? love the contrast to the way Han answered the comm. ;)

"Can I speak to Syal?" His usually unflappable daughter-in-law sounded flustered.
    "No."

ROTFLMAO! If that?s not Fel efficiency, I don?t know what is! :p

Uh huh. Nobody believes you, Jaina. Not even yourself. 8-}

Can?t wait to see what Soontir does! [face_thinking] [face_devil] :D

14. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Sandwich parallels!

Being a fan of the Fel family (trying saying that four times fast), I've noticed sometimes when they're written its obvious that Soontir and Syal care about each other, but they don't show it all that much... at least not that way. So that was a refreshing change.

And also, I do think its funny that Wyn turned out like Briaun. I think they're following you, TKL, first Legacy, and now this. When I read Wyn I feel like I know her already.

15. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Once again, the interaction between 'Tir and Syal and Briaun are just perfect! :D

he was reduced to cringing from the wrath of two women blessed with Fel fearlessness and Antilles underhanded wiles. Outnumbered was bad enough. That indomitable combination of traits simply wasn't fair.

[face_laugh] Hey 'Tir, pity your poor son . . . imagine Skywalker/Solo genes thrown into that mix! 8-}

Hmm. [face_thinking] Wheaten bread. Mustavi sauce. Egg spread. Nerf. Gak cheese. Pickled quanis. Seen this before, have I not? ;) (Must be a Corellian thing, I'm guessing.) And as a side note, it sounds much better than the odds and ends that I'm scarfing down as I type this! =P~

Syal wasn't available immediately. The Rogues were chasing a pirate ring harassing shippers along the Hydian Way. Leia was stuck in the committee meetings that had shortened his schedule. That left?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] I just could not stop laughing as I imagined Soontir's horror at the only conclusion that he could draw. (And in a "this head cold must really have my brain fried" moment - for just a split second, I wondered what Rogues had to do with who could be watching Keira. :oops: [face_blush])

I'm guessing that Grandpa 'Tir is going to race over to the Solo's to "rescue" poor Keira from the "incompetent" Grandpa Han. Oh yeah, this is gonna be good. [face_devil]

Great post, as always! :D

16. Sola_Halcyon

Sola_Halcyon Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    Okay, so if there's no sex in the Star Wars galaxy, TKL is making a pretty good case that babies somehow come packaged with sandwiches, or maybe subliminally implanted within holovidded sporting events... :D

Strolling across the kitchen, their daughter seemed to have completely forgotten her initial outburst. She snatched a pickled quani from the plate and bit off a chunk. "Oo doo eed doo et a oom."

Soontir wasn?t sure where to go with that one, seeing as the child was right.

[face_laugh]

Glad Soontir got that one quickly, 'cause it took me a minute. How big a bite of that quani did she take?

Another good post. Looking forward to next week!

-Sola

17. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    I do so love the Grandpas! [face_love] Now I must get back to Lost!

18. Aniakera

Aniakera Jedi Master star 1

Aug 20, 2005
    Yes! Update!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Syal always blushed, then pecked him on the cheek. Unless the children were not around, when he received?

:p [face_love] Hehe, I love the unstated ending there... leaving you to wonder exactly what....

Oh, for a kiss ?

[face_laugh] Poor Soontir! He gets all worked up and Syal blows him off!

"Tomorrow, Father?"
    "Greetings to you, too, young lady."
    She had already disappeared back into the refresher when she said, "Hello, Father."
    Walking in the direction of the refresher, Soontir finally answered, "Yes, the briefings are tomorrow."

[face_laugh] The number of times that has happened in my house....

Syal paused at the closed door, her displeasure plainly evident. Clearly she intended to address Briaun's actions, and he concurred that a curt scolding might be more effective coming from ?
    "Briaun, you better move along. We don't want to be late." Syal pivoted and brushed past him.
    From the set of her shoulders he could tell one thing ? he was in big trouble. "What? What did I do?"

Hehe, poor Soontir! You definitely see who runs this household!

By the time she had finished two nerf slices and a thick wedge of gak cheese topped the wheaten bread.

The scary thing is that Han and Soontir are more alike than either would like to admit...:p

It was their game, and Soontir gave it his all. He proclaimed himself the victor when her arms snaked around his neck and her lips tasted him back. Loosing a low moan, Syal showed him exactly how good ?

"Ew, gross!"

[face_laugh] Classic Briaun!

"Loses?"

"Yes, Windrunner scored shortly before you arrived home. Comets were ?"

Uh-oh... how is it Han and Soontir ended up rooting for opposite teams? :p

"How is it that a woman can give an order with a question?"

[face_mischief] Trade secret.

Dundundundun... and the plot thickens... I can just imagine the apopolexy Soontir's going to have about that.

Great post... Can't wait till the next one!

Aniakera

19. Dark_Lighter

Dark_Lighter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2003
    Ok...I'm a bit late reading the first of the Dark Nest Trilogy......but....i don't think I was missing much...

I hate that they just kind of pushed JAg off of a cliff at the end....but thats not as bad as putting Jaina with what-his-name....all because of a bunch of bugs! Gah! I want J&J back...cause Jag ain't dead and we all know it!

Sorry for venting....glad to have the Grandpas to lighten the day! Now to go find TMoaR....

20. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Another sandwich, another game, another comm call...

I'm preparing myself a nice sndwich while turning out the tv and disconecting the phone, waiting for the next update:D

21. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Hey there, everyone.

I'm passing along a message from my Evil Partner. As many of you know from the Cantina, TKeira had to spend the last few days preparing for Hurricane Wilma, and spent today hunkered down as the storm blasted through South Florida. :( Fortunately she made it through okay, all things considered. There was some damage, but most importantly everyone is safe. :)

In light of all this I know you'll understand that there won't be a post tomorrow as scheduled. I'm sure in the meantime TKL will appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Good luck with everything, EP. [:D] [:D]

She did tell me to pass along this, too - Check back next week for the exciting third installment of Grandpa Wars! :D

22. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    *settles in comfortably to await the update next week*

Glad to hear everyone OK!

~Misha

23. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    If there are two of your portrayal of characters that i love it SYal and Soontir... You can't help but love em!

24. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Hello from the Land of Wilma!

Well I have cable modem, sort of, on a limited basis. So Wilma was a hurricane to be remembered. It was supposed to be a Cat 1 when it hit us; it was a Cat 3. It was supposed to be worse on the front side; it was much worse on the back side. Things fell on the house, including a tree that scraped up the truck. A tree limb when through the hubby's car windshield. We lost all our landscaping and fencing. And there was a bit of roof damage. But we're alive. :D

So the bad news is I don't have power, and won't have power for a couple weeks at least. We have a generator to keep the fridge cold and somehow we got our cable modem back. So when we can spare the electricity I can be online. But considering we are trying to put our lives back together, I won't have much time for the boards. My stories will be on hold at least until I can get power back. So pardon if it's two weeks. I will definitely give you guys an update as soon as I know anything.

Until then be safe.

Hugs and I miss you all,

TKeira

25. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    I'm so glad you're safe, TKL! I hope you get your electricity back as soon as possible so you can get your lives back to normal! I'll be praying for you. And don't worry about us; we'll still be here when you get back. :) [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.