main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Grandpa Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (Legacy Special Edition) - Han/Soontir - Complete 11/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Hmmm. Wonder if Keira actually fixed something by yanking that mass of wires out from whereever she got it? [face_thinking]

Ok, that's either the grandmas :eek:, or mama [face_devil].

S.

2. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    LOL spooky neighbor like old ladies is just too much... If you want to know what has happend in last 2 weeks with all your neighbors then go ask her :p You don't need spies ;)

Han is such a softie :) Keira has such a power over her Grandparents and parents... :)

End of Legacy has caused so much pain that reading this is such a good feeling :_|

Mahalo for this great post :)

3. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    ha your right, this one had me laughing the whole way through.

Really, in all his battles, against all sorts of unbeatable odds, Han never felt more outgunned and overwhelmed than in the face of Jedi children. Solo Jedi children, to be precise
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

?You see? Grandpa has some surprises for his Princess Keira. Your mommy said no more spoiling, but what Fel doesn?t know won?t hurt him. This ?? He pulled out a hoverball ?? will be our little secret.?

Now even if you didn't know that Fel was on his way you had to know that Han was going to get busted by someone.

Great post!

4. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    [face_laugh] Oopps busted! I'm sure Soontir won't hold it over his head too much. Great post!

5. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Awww! Han is sooo sweet! [face_love] [face_love]

6. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    *twirls around* Yay!

?To rescue my granddaughter from a scruffy Rebel,? he said with all the Fel seriousness he could muster. Mistress Starwander bade him farewell with an exuberant wave. That is so Soontir!

There was only one place Solo would go to avoid an Imperial intervention, one haven where he would feel safe.

The Millenium Falcon.
    Heck, yeah. That's where any Solo in trouble would go. :D

After decades of jury-rigging and hasty fixes, the Falcon fit none of the known specifications for YT-1300 light freighters. A repair tech searching for the powerflux timing mechanism would not look for it in the main corridor service hatch. On the Falcon, though, more often than not things weren?t where they were supposed to be. With a fond smile, Han remembered how the timing mechanism had come to find its home in such an odd place. I love it! :) The Falcon is almost a character on its own--almost? What am I talking about! It is! Like Excalibur or The General Lee (I love that car! :D).

In a way, Chewie would never stop fulfilling his role as the Solo family protector...With a half-cocked smile, he decided his best friend would have fallen head over heels in love. She would have burrowed into his chestnut mane just like Jaina had, and they would have worked side by side on the Falcon. :_| Chewie! How perfect!

After three children of his own, though, he had discovered one thing that allowed him to hold his own ? his indomitable spirit. He mustered a whole helping of it. [face_laugh] I think Han may be the love of my life. [face_laugh] And I love Keira and the wires! Takes after her mother, that one does. ;)

Although one side of him was sure little Keira was working the dramatic flare of her Antilles blood, [face_laugh]

Fel leaned forward, towering over Han. There was no hint of a smile on the Imperial?s face, but Han got the impression he was enjoying this far too much.

?You?re busted, Solo.?
    [face_laugh] hysterically!

Next post, everyone is busted! [face_dancing] Yay!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

7. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Ah what a nice little postie we got there... certainly cheered me up after reading the rest of Legacy...

"you're busted Solo!" Just gotta love that Soontir...:D

As for Han remembering Chewie.. that was so sentimental. I loved it especially when Han wondered what his old partner would have thought about Keira. Just like everyone else he would be wrapped right around her finger...

Great post loved it!

8. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    :eek: Soontir was actually having sympathy for Han there for a minute!

And he knows him so well too... o_O :p

I bet Keira fixed something too! [face_laugh]

9. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Oh that was precious! Just Kiera getting into the Falcon and Grandpa Han running away from Granpa Fel and the old biddy neighbor!

Excellent!

10. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Just as good as the unbeta'd version. ;) I have to say though, that, reading the version in the cantina was as much fun as finding the easter eggs in the dvds :D Sometimes goofs are cool! :cool:

Half a mind indeed, he thought over her senseless banter.
    LOL!! [face_laugh] I think we all have our own version of Mrs. Starwander. Mine is a widow across the street, she sits by her front window all day long. :p

In a way, Chewie would never stop fulfilling his role as the Solo family protector.
    Aww!! :_|

He glanced from the hatch to the playpen. ?How did you get into that from over there??

In answer, Keira squealed with delight.

?Right. I forgot. Jedi,?

[face_laugh] *grins* At least Han has the experience to deal with these things.

At first she allowed him to work; she didn?t utter a sound. After a few seconds she hiccoughed, then hiccoughed again. A tear fell, and another. Soon she was sobbing, not hindering his work, just sobbing.

?Ah, sweetheart. It?s all right,? he tried consoling her. ?Grandpa Han isn?t mad at his little Princess.?

Hehe! It?s obvious Keira has got Han wrapped around her little finger. I think it?s instinctive with little girls. They know tears will let them get away with stuff. :p

Although one side of him was sure little Keira was working the dramatic flare of her Antilles blood, the rest of him couldn?t bear to hear her wails.
    Grandma Syal would be proud :p And Han is such a sweet grandpa. [face_love]

There was no hint of a smile on the Imperial?s face, but Han got the impression he was enjoying this far too much.

?You?re busted, Solo.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Priceless! I get the impression that Han is also enjoying it just as much, that?s why in his mind he keeps referring to Soontir as the Imperial *giggles*

Fun, fun post, my twin! Reminiscent of the old days, before our trip to de Nile and all. :p [:D] Loved it, especially the Han/Keira moments. [face_love]

Can?t wait for more. :D

11. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Hola mi gemela!

I have to respond to this immediately...

LOL!! I think we all have our own version of Mrs. Starwander. Mine is a widow across the street, she sits by her front window all day long.

I have a widow next door too. She's from Spain so we truly speak a different language. She always brings our trash can up to the house on trash day and sits in her garage staring out in the mornings. Once in a while I get a wave out of her but not often. After the hurricane however, she comes out and starts picking up a tree that had fallen half in her yard half in ours. Eighty seven years old and she's tugging huge branches to the street with me.

So she's tugging branches and DJ my sheltie comes out to the front yard. He takes one look at the strange lady and starts barking. So what does she do? She starts barking back! [face_laugh]

12. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003

OMG That's hilarious...

I must say that my grandma's talk on the bench friends are that kind of people...

13. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002

My little friend accross the street runs outside everytime she sees me, she feels, it's her duty to let me know that my mailbox is full, or what time a package was delivered to my door, stuff like that. I guess someday I'll appreciate her when I get asked, "Where were you on the night of the 24th..." or something like that. LOL. [face_mischief] [face_laugh] I couldn't stop laughing when I was reading about her rushing up to Soontir.

14. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004

"Boobidity boobidity booo. Brrrub-brrrrrub-brrrr. Now where's my happy girl?"

what the heck? Killik brrubs? :eek: And that from Han? :eek:

"Up up up away!" he proclaimed as they topped the stairs. He paused. "Promise you're not going to tell any of the Rogues you saw Grandpa Han acting like this?"

*rolf* he would never survive this day :p

Kicking and clapping, Keira appeared just as tickled about the whole situation. She wriggled excitedly. Han chuckled merrily ? until she squirmed right out of her diapers.

not that easy huh? :p

a very funny post ... :D
    me likes ...

*hurries to the next one*

Almost.

[face_laugh]

?And I seem to be getting the hang of that diaper.? He pointed at her with the hydrospanner in his hand.

*rofl* he needed a hydrospanner? o_O :p [face_laugh]

so cute :D
    Han is such a softie :p

o_O What will Soontir do that he also is busted?

wonderful done

~ Mags ~

15. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    *sighs*Oh, this story just makes me smile! :) (And laugh, too! [face_laugh]) Take that, DND!!

Knowing Han, Soontir figured he had vectored away from the townhome at under ten percent power. Not even Solo was stupid enough to endanger his grandchildren needlessly. But in Mistress Starwander?s impeccable judgment only a crawl below the pace of a Sarlacc?s digestive tract would be warranted. He almost felt sorry for Han Solo.

Almost

[face_laugh] For all the bluster between these two, you can really see the grudging respect underneath in little moments like these. :)

At the snap of his voice, she froze. She was standing, balanced with one hand on the edge of her playpen, the other full of a riotous tangle of wires.

[face_laugh] Apparently Grandpa Han forgot about the extended "reach" of a Force-sensitve little one!

Although one side of him was sure little Keira was working the dramatic flare of her Antilles blood, the rest of him couldn?t bear to hear her wails. He had been no better with his own children. The sound broke his fatherly heart, and he would do anything to stop it.

Aww, poor Han's such a softie! [face_love]

?You see? Grandpa has some surprises for his Princess Keira. Your mommy said no more spoiling, but what Fel doesn?t know won?t hurt him. This ?? He pulled out a hoverball ?? will be our little secret.?

:rolleyes: Why would anyone bother to tell Han not to spoil her? ;) "Don't tell me the odds."

?You?re busted, Solo.?

Oh, I get the feeling before this little adventure in babysitting is through, 'Tir will have plently to get "busted" on as well. ;)

Great post, as always! :D

16. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Another awesome post! :D It?s so much fun to read a story that?s just plain fun.

?Solo! Open the door!?
    What a way to start. [face_mischief] I can just picture Soontir banging on the door, demanding entry. No stopping a Fel on a mission.

?Blast that nerfherder for making me look like a guant?no banahs,? he muttered
    [face_laugh] Then of course he realizes where he is. Been there, done that.

Such a man thing to do. :p

She sniffed the air, like he was stinking up the neighborhood.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] The perfect description. Dead on.

Heehee! For some reason this just really cracked me up as something Soontir would be thinking to himself. Very Corellian. ;)

?And I seem to be getting the hang of that diaper.? He pointed at her with the hydrospanner in his hand.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] A hydrospanner on a diaper. :eek: Poor Keira. :p

The problem had been that the planet?s sulphurase content was so excessively high Chewie couldn?t stand working outside the ship even with a breather mask. Howling his protest, the Wookiee had stomped inside, traced the timing mechanism wiring to this particular access panel, and then proceeded to install the new device inside the ship.
    The whole Chewie bit was great. This part was my favorite, though. It reminds me of Chewie?s grumbling during the space slug belly scenes in ESB. It?s so easy to imagine him trying to work with a mask on, then basically telling Han where to stick it and huffing inside. Who cares where it gets installed, just do it. 8-} That?s Han and Chewie in a nutshell.

?Right. I forgot. Jedi,? he retorted while examining the mess.
    :oops: Poor Han.

?Ah, sweetheart. It?s all right,? he tried consoling her. ?Grandpa Han isn?t mad at his little Princess.?
    Uh oh. She?s got him right where she wants him now. [face_devil]

With a swat of his hand, he slapped at the floor controls, only to meet the leather of a good-sized boot.
    Busted! :D The perfect visual for that too. Swatting Soontir?s boot, now there?s something Han never thought he?d do. [face_laugh]

So many great laughs in this post. =D=

Can?t wait for more. :cool:

17. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    The memories of Chewie are very sweet.

[face_laugh] Hehe.

=D=

18. Aniakera

Aniakera Jedi Master star 1

Aug 20, 2005
    :p That sounds like my great-grandma. She's about the same age, and was caught trying to lop some branches off of a tree with a chainsaw! [face_laugh] Though I have to say I don't think she's ever barked back at a dog! [face_laugh]

Aniakera

19. Aniakera

Aniakera Jedi Master star 1

Aug 20, 2005
    Oops, forgot to reply! [face_blush]

Great post!! I love Keira's temper tantrum... you have to be a strong-willed non Force user to withstand that! :p

There was only one place Solo would go to avoid an Imperial intervention, one haven where he would feel safe.
    The Millenium Falcon.

Apparently it's not so safe anymore.... [face_devil]

?No meddlesome Fels to bother us.?
    ?Ooo-a-ooo,? she said through a spittle of drool.

Probably trying to tell him "I am a Fel, you nerfherder!" :p

I liked this line: Many times Jaina had tuned him out in much the same manner, entranced by a shiny object or fixated on her latest toy...named Jagged...:p

Your mommy said no more spoiling, but what Fel doesn?t know won?t hurt him. This ?? He pulled out a hoverball ?? will be our little secret.?

Not for long.... [face_whistling]

Fel leaned forward, towering over Han. There was no hint of a smile on the Imperial?s face, but Han got the impression he was enjoying this far too much.

?You?re busted, Solo.?

Like red said in the Cantina -- That line has all the overtones of "You're fired!" :p

Aniakera

20. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003

[face_laugh]

At the snap of his voice, she froze. She was standing, balanced with one hand on the edge of her playpen, the other full of a riotous tangle of wires.

So it is genetic [face_thinking]

She resisted.
    ?No.? Han peeled away one finger.
    Keira stiffened and shook her head defiantly.
    ?Young lady,? he said menacingly.

I'm seeing a lot of Jaina here o_O

Although one side of him was sure little Keira was working the dramatic flare of her Antilles blood, the rest of him couldn?t bear to hear her wails.

You can't trust those Antilles kids :p

?You?re busted, Solo.?

Sith :p

Another fun post, TKL :) Han is very good with his mischievous granddaughter, even if he feels like an unarmed bystander :p Loved all the details about the powerflux and Chewie, really gives a nice sense of depth to the story. It's also just nice to hear of Chewie again *wipes tear*

I wonder what's going to happen now that the two rival grandfathers are face to face... or face to foot at the moment.

Post more soon :D

21. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Drat. Bottom of the list again.:oops:

You mean they don?t understand? :confused:

Well of course they do.:p

Wicked child [face_devil]

Yeah, wicked child with an angelic face.

Now on to this absolutely hysterical post.

An upstairs window on the adjacent one slid open, and a head, indistinguishable with all the hair curlers, popped out. Slowly, two brooding eyes focused down on Soontir as he stood waiting impatiently at the Solo front door.

Gotta love the nosy neighbor in curls:D

She sniffed the air, like he was stinking up the neighborhood.

That image is absolutely hilarious considering that the baron is probably very well groomed.

?General Solo isn?t home.?

After their last conversation, you better believe he got the heck out of dodge.

Knowing Han, Soontir figured he had vectored away from the townhome at under ten percent power. Not even Solo was stupid enough to endanger his grandchildren needlessly.

Yeah, that's the funny thing about nosy neighbors-they tend to exaggerate.

He almost felt sorry for Han Solo.

Almost.

I'm sensing that "almost" is the key word here.

?To rescue my granddaughter from a scruffy Rebel,? he said with all the Fel seriousness he could muster.

Uh oh. He called Han scruffy looking. You remember where that got Leia don't you? Hopefully it won't get Soontir to the same place;) :p

The Millenium Falcon

Looks like Soontir knows Han a little better than he would ever admit.

Han grinned at his granddaughter, who perched precariously on her fresh diaper in the middle of the portable playpen. ?Better, huh??

The rebel grandpa and his precocious granddaughter. It's like Solo heaven.

It is a fine art that one must master.

Just like that, Keira was completely captivated by the new discovery, and Han was forgotten.

It really is amazing watching a baby discover things for the first time. It's the little things like this that you cherish.

Such was the way of babies, and, if Han recalled correctly, little girls especially. Many times Jaina had tuned him out in much the same manner, entranced by a shiny object or fixated on her latest toy.

Well, like mother like daughter. It's just inevitable I suppose.

On the Falcon, though, more often than not things weren?t where they were supposed to be.

That's what's so great about it though. It's kinda like a patchwork quilt. Maybe not the most attractive thing, but that's kinda why you love it.

In a way, Chewie would never stop fulfilling his role as the Solo family protector.

Awwwww...Now I miss him even more.

With a half-cocked smile, he decided his best friend would have fallen head over heels in love. She would have burrowed into his chestnut mane just like Jaina had, and they would have worked side by side on the Falcon.

You never really stop thinking about the "What-ifs".

Oh dear. Turning your back on a baby is like turning your back on the ocean.

Really, in all his battles, against all sorts of unbeatable odds, Han never felt more outgunned and overwhelmed than in the face of Jedi children. Solo Jedi children, to be precise.

So unbelievably true.

After a few seconds she hiccoughed, then hiccoughed again. A tear fell, and another. Soon she was sobbing, not hindering his work, just sobbing.

And those are the tears that make you feel like slime.

?Ah, sweetheart. It?s all right,? he tried consoling her. ?Grandpa Han isn?t mad at his little Princess

22. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    LOL awesome job! and how bout them dookies?

JJ did great... if they hadnt moved the 3 pt line back.... stupidness.... at least its just during tourneys for the next couple weeks!

23. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    Keira.... yup def a handful.... hehe

Mr. Solo is busted... haha!!

can't wait for the next chapter!! great job with this one!!

24. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    Yep, mine made a point of stopping us as we lugged our moving boxes in to let us know why she needs to park half in our drive...

That about sums the famous Han Solo up, hah?

Maybe everyone was worried about poor Han for good reason, (ok I am apologzing in advance for this one) because it seems Keira is quite a Han-ful. ssszzz-ssszzz-ssszzz

Great update, Commander. I think Han taking Keira to the safest and most comfortable place he knows was a good plan, even if it did unravel on him. I can't wait to see if Soontir gets a Han-dle on the problem or just adds to the fray.

Yah, I am stopping now, ssszzz-ssszzz-ssszzz. Barabel humor, thiz one is sorry for that.

'night
    JaY

EDIT: oops hit "post" instead of "preview".

25. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    Ooops I guess I should read the other replies first.

Sorry Goddess45. :(

JaY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.