main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Granny Bantha's Galactic Tales: Fairytales in the GFFA(Has Granny bit the dust?)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Grannys-Stocking, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grannys-Stocking

Grannys-Stocking Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2008
    Alexis_Wingstar here, starting up another insane yet hopefully fun thread. I've been kicking around the idea of starting a thread in one of the boards where I would post different fairy tales from around the Star Wars universe. However, I have so many stories in my brain I can't do it justice. So, I figured I can get everyone involved who wishes to participate.

The idea is this: Make up a fairy tale that would fit in the SW universe. You know, those fables and stories younglings would grow up hearing. You can have it as someone reading their child a bedtime story, and in that case it would go in the forum era of the character reading. I.e., If Leia is reading a bedtime story to Jacen, Jaina and Anakin when they are small, it would go in "Beyond" if it is Jocasta Nu reading to a group of younglings in the temple, it would either be in "Before" or "Saga". On the other hand, you can just write the fable/fairy tale as is... that would probably go into "Before".

Post a link to the stories here, and I will index them.

2. Grannys-Stocking

Jan 11, 2008
    [hl=darkred]Challenge Index:[/hl]

Challenge 1 (deadline February 23): Write a story in the GFFA's future... say at least 500 ABY... in which someone tells a story to either their child as a bedtime story, or someone telling a story to a group of younglings. Post it in the "Beyond the Saga" board, and give a link here.

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/27968494/p1/?0]The Tale of Obi-Wan Kenobi[/link] by LilyHobbitJedi ***Winner***

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=27993443&brd=10477]Slave and Princess[/link] by earlybird-obi-wan

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/27994706/p1/?0]An Endless Tale[/link] by Alexis_Wingstar

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/28117569/p1/?0]Legend[/link] by silverfighter

3. Grannys-Stocking

Jan 11, 2008
    [hl=skyblue]Saga Era[/hl]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=21436180&brd=10476&replies=45]Jedi Bedtime Stories [/link]by DarthIshtar

4. HyperionRising

HyperionRising Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2007
    Hmm...

I'm interested. What do you mean by planning. Does that mean I can post my idea here and ask for comments on it?

5. Grannys-Stocking

Jan 11, 2008
    Reserved for Indexing

6. Grannys-Stocking

Jan 11, 2008
    Perhaps "Planning" was the wrong word... discussion may have been the wiser choice. Granny's senile. [face_mischief]

7. HyperionRising

Sep 15, 2007
    It's all good.

8. Grannys-Stocking

Jan 11, 2008
    We could discuss various topics about fairy tales in the SW universe.

Here's an idea for discussion: Do you think different races would infuse other race's fairy tales into their culture? I mean, the GFFA has so many cultures. Do you think humans and non-humans could have some fairy tales common to each other?

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master star 9

Mar 26, 2001
    Would indexing my GFFA Bedtime Stories that I've had for a while count?

10. HyperionRising

Sep 15, 2007
    I think there would definately be some mixing, but the amount would depend on the mode of interation.

11. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Interesting. I actually made a story and it's sequel into my own brand of a fairy tale. :)

12. HyperionRising

Sep 15, 2007
    You know who would have an interesting opinion on this? My mom. No, seriously. She's got a bachelors in anthropology. Her user name is Anika. She's out of town at the moment, but I'm going to email her.

13. HyperionRising

Sep 15, 2007
    So.

I've got a fairy tale challenge idea. May I post it?

14. Grannys-Stocking

Jan 11, 2008
    I wasn't planning on doing any challenges, but sure, go ahead. :)

I'm not quite sure... are they fairy taleish? Post a link to it here, if you like.

Though I doubt Bothans would refer to any Human fairtales. :p

Cool :D

The more opinions the better for discussion.

15. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master star 9

Mar 26, 2001
    They're all Star Wars adaptations of classic bedtime stories:

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=21436180&brd=10476&replies=45]Here we are[/link]

16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have some fairy tales woven into my stories. Tales told by the Owl and they are adaptations from fables by La Fontaine

17. HyperionRising

Sep 15, 2007
    Okay, totally unofficial challenge:

In the far, far distant future, when the events of the Star Wars cannon are litlle more than myth, what stories will people tell about them?

18. Grannys-Stocking

Jan 11, 2008
    That's a good challenge. Let's make it official! ;)

Write a story in the GFFA's future... say at least 500 ABY... in which someone tells a story to either their child as a bedtime story, or someone telling a story to a group of younglings. Post it in the "Beyond the Saga" board, and give a link here.

Let's give this a six week deadline, February 23. Then, the participants can vote via PM to me. The winner gets to come up with the next challenge.

19. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Oh wow....I totally love this challenge idea!

20. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I got this Challenge done years ago! :D Seriously, one of my very first fanfic projects had been along these same lines.

If I find the time, I'd love to write it all over again. With better grammar and spelling, of course. :p

21. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    Hmmm... Can I participate? :)

22. HyperionRising

Sep 15, 2007
    Why wouldn't you be able to?

23. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm working on mine at the moment but I'm having problems. Can someone beta it for me?

24. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Of course! [face_peace]

25. HyperionRising

Sep 15, 2007
    I will. Go ahead and PM me if you're interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.