main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Grape & Wine Parade

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Yebbed-Crage, Aug 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    let me know in time if im picking it up or not

2. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    I have one of the good maul sabers you can use, although it's not in the best condition.

3. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Janet has one Tessa, you can ask her :)

4. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

legoman, can I possibly borrow yours? I understand that it's in bad condtion.. yet that's all the better.. I don't have to be as careful :p

5. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    Sure, no problem.

6. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    Thanks you very much :D

7. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    Okay, I will be going as well. (I guess I'd be sorta still new to the Longline FF tho). :)

And, for the parade, I'll be bringing a jedi costume(thanks goes to Tessa for an of what to do since it's kinda half done). :)

8. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

No problem A_P just glad you can come down!

9. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Any news on if we got those other costumes? the x-wing ones?

10. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Lol yeah i hate to keep pressing abotu this but i need a costume...any costume. I am not picky at this point.

BTW do we have any video camera's for offering in YJN. I wouldn't mind helping with doing some videographing

11. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    The list is up HERE.

12. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    Yeah, same here Tessa. I can't wait until this weekend...and yet, it's still Monday... :p

13. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Just a quick synposis of the meet from yesterday. Dana was taking notes, she may have more details later.

We have the costumes from Jerry. We sorted them out and created a checklist. If you wish to borrow a costume Chris has posted a list elsewhere. Its first come, first served.

One item discussed was post parade activities for the younger set. I spoke to Ron Ring, and he said not only can he get a TV/VCR for showing videos he also suggested setting it up in his classroom which is beside the gym. It'll be quieter. If you can think of other things to entertain the kids with let Dana know.

The badges should be printed by Wednesday. We would like to get an up to date list of who we are expecting so we know how many to print off. Can we include the kids in the list as well, they wil get badges (plus we'll know how many to expect for the bit above)

Chris had some suggestions for the food to bring. Contact him with any and all questions/suggestions.

There was some more items discussed but thats the important ones I could think of off the top of my head. Any comments?

EDIT: I remembered another important one. For our American friends, because the exchange rate is so liable to change we are requesting that the $10 fee be paid in only Canadian funds. You can get the cash at the Duty Free or from your bank.

14. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    If we want videos i have a large collection. I will make a catalogue and list them tonite. That is if we need them.

15. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Well these are videos for the under-10 crowd James. Dana already has an ample supply of what those kids think are keen, but sure if you have stuff you think will appeal to that age bracket, list it.

16. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Gotcha...I will go through what i have...I have a little bit of everything.

17. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Hey Everyone thanks for inviting me. I was wondering what are you looking for. I could bring Dessert say some Apple pie. I picked up two big ones for 6 bucks. They are Dutch Apple. I could bring soda as well. What ever you need.

18. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Out of curiosity...is there a schedule or game plan coming soon?

19. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    Garindan is now finished, I am looking for a better belt and maybe a darker suit but the costume is there. I may need an odd touch up on the mask but no biggie

20. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Yeah, what is the "Game Plan"? and is it coming soon?

21. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    ok I will be arriving in st cats at 745 pm friday night. and should be at nicks in about 10-20 minutes. i still have the directions. if this is too early or too late let me know right away please. its costing me about 45 bucks round trip. last year was cheaper

22. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    *** IMPORTANT ***

If you are making something to bring, make sure you provide a list of ingredients used.

If someone has an allergy they are going to need to be aware of what is in the food.

23. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    *******Parade Day Weather*******

SAT 27 SEP

HIGH = 20°C
    LOW = 14°C
    CONDITION = Light rain
    P.O.P. = 80%
    WIND = W 10 km/h

:(

It may be a good idea to bring an umbrella with you. Or make sure nothing on your costume will run if it gets wet.

Maybe we can do a collective "Force Push" and move the clouds away.

24. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Awesome, a high of 20.

25. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    With the way the way the weather has been...lol. Wh9o really knows. Will bring an umbrella if I can find one. *heads for unpacked moving boxes* Good grief... I forgot I had that book. Opps sorry. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.