main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Great America trip invitation from Chicago Force

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Mos_Eisleian_Radio, Jun 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Chicago Force is planning a trip to Six Flags Great America on Saturday, September 22. We would love to make this a combined Midwest trip of fun and rollercoaster bliss. Since Milwaukee is almost equidistant from Great America as Chicago is, I thought I'd extend an open hand. It would also be a chance for a lot of us to meet face-to-face before Star Wars Celebration in Indianapolis next year.

For those who don't know (although I imagine a lot of you do), Great America is the mecca of rollercoasters in Illinois. It's in Gurnee, 39 miles north of Chicago. They have two new coasters this year, Deja View and Vertical Velocity. You can find out more information on the park at the Great America website

It would be great if Milwaukee could come out and join us for this.

Phil

2. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    I realized I got the name of one of the new coasters wrong. It's Deja Vu, not View.

Phil

3. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    If anyone is planning on joining Chicago Force at Great America on Septmber 22, please respond in this thread. I'm sorry I missed meeting you at Gen Con, Twisty Mae. I think you ran into a friend of mine there, Heather, although she tends to call herself Leia.

Phil

4. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    I checked Great America's schedule. They've changed it in the last few months. They will be closed on September 22. We'll figure out a new date in the next few days. I'm really sorry about this.

Phil

5. JEDI_KISS_ROCK

JEDI_KISS_ROCK Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2001
    This sounds cool but maybe we should go in october, and dress up as out fav charactor.
    Otherwise its just an ok event but........
    thx
    jedi kiss rock

6. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    You might want to think about how costumes might be affected by being on a roller coaster.

Phil

7. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    For those thinking of going, which date would be best: September 15 or October 6 (when the park reopens for Fright Fest)?

Phil

8. JEDI_KISS_ROCK

JEDI_KISS_ROCK Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2001
    fright fest sounds good, you have a point about costumes so maybe just face paint. Or maybe you have a better i dea,I just want other people to be able to see us as starwars fans. but in any case tell chicago thanks
    thx
    jedi kiss rock : )

9. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    The new date is October 6. If you can attend, please respond in this thread.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.