main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Great news for me!

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by morpher-2005, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morpher-2005

morpher-2005 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2005
    So, a while back I entered the Hasbro Mini Movie Awards Competition. The idea was to create a star wars film with the action figures. Just before we went on holiday, I got a letter from Habro saying that I am a finalist in the comepetition in the Use of Characters category along with one other person, and eleven others in all. The prize for the individual categories is £250 plus some free action figures, and the ultimate best movie proze is £1000 plus a home entertainment system (TV, DVD etc). So, next Sunday I'll be traveling to the Memorabillia in Birmingham for the award ceremony. Looks to be a great day!

What's more, I got a call from Hasbro just 5 minutes ago. They were asking if it would be OK to give my phone number to the local newspaper because they want to interview me! I'm overwhealmed!!!

You can watch the movie at youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYzASB0oH-E

Many thanks to my musician and co-voicer, Willaim J. Church and Ross Richards!

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Congratulations Morpher :D =D=

Good luck for the final. I had a quick looks on youtube and it looked good. I was tempted to do something for it but most of my figures are still carded :p

Let us know how you get on!

3. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    I like your video - hope you do well :D

Good luck

4. AmberGold

AmberGold Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 20, 2003
    Congrats and good luck :)

5. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    Hello Morpher :) The video is cool, well done and good luck :D

6. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    'most of my figures are still carded'???
    what?
    how do you play with them?

7. morpher-2005

Apr 19, 2005
    Thanks guys!

If I win the 'Use of Characters' category, I get a bunch of figures along with the £250. I think it might be the whole of the 2006 collection, so I'll be keeping those carded too :p.

8. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Sounds great dude!

So, if you win your spreading the love to the guy who introduced you to the comp then...:D

9. morpher-2005

Apr 19, 2005
    So I just had my interview. I think it went well, and the lady is coming round on Thursday to take some snaps. She's also going to speak to me on Monday after the award ceremony.

According to my friends Mum, I was on the radio this morning. I don't know what station it was but it was a local one. They said something like "A 15 year old boy from Dagenham is in the final of a Star Wars film compeititon". Anyone else hear it?

Oh, and Ell, you'll be lucky! I'm only getting 70% of the prize money if we win it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.