main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BC Great things about BC

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Admiral_Thrawn60, Jul 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, this is it. Tomorrow, I'm moving to Ontario, and likely will not come back. I have to go. I just can't stand this economy any longer. I live in a small town where the mill is the economy. Thanks to the softwood lumber dispute, I can't get a job, and thanks to our illustrious dictator, university tuition is so high here that I can go to a far better school in Ontario for the same amount of money.

I'm going to miss this place a lot. So, I decided to create this thread in honour of this province. The thing I'm going to miss most (other than my friends and family) is the scenery. The reason I'm moving is that you can't eat scenery.

I'm moving from a nice small city in the mountains to Canada's Düsseldorf. I chose the city because I have a place to stay there. My aunt is a long distance trucker. She's away 6 weeks at a time. In exchange for protecting the house and keeping it clean, I get to stay at her place rent free. I wanted to move to Winnipeg, where my Dad lives, but he turned me down, under pressure from his wife. I have family in Germany, but I don't think I could go back. I'm just too attached to Canada. Besides, that's not much better. They live in the Ruhr. So, I have a choice between Canada's Düsseldorf and the real Düsseldorf, and other similar cities, like Essen, Duisburg, and Köln (as if it really matters - you can't tell where one ends and another begins). Not a hard decision for me. So anyhow, that's why I'm moving to London tomorrow.

So anyway, my favourite part of BC is the scenery. What's yours?

To the FFBCers: See ya around.

2. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Admiral_Thrawn60, I'm sorry to see a good man and fellow JCer like yourself leave BC; but such things, as I'm sure you'll agree, are sometimes unavoidable in life. ;)

How are things working out in Ontario? Are you now firmly settled in? :confused:

3. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I'm actually thinking of moving back, for a number of reasons.

4. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002
    This is very good to hear! :D Were you planning on moving back to the BC Interior or down to the Lower Mainland (as I notice you're a post-secondary student, right)?

5. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I'm giving myself another 6-8 weeks to give London a chance. If, after that, things have not improved, I will move back to the interior. I plan to attend university there.

6. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002
    Ah, well let me wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide. And if you have the time, please keep informed of your progress (via PM or thread) as I will be most interested. Take care now. ;)

Your friend,
    Dan

7. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I'll keep you guys updated in this thread.

8. vaderdude_3

vaderdude_3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2002
    Hey, you couldn't make me move to Ontario for a million bucks (what with all the mosquito related viruses)

9. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    You mean West Nile Virus? Yeah, we have it here, but only 16 people in the entire USA have died from it, so I think my chances are pretty good. And, I havn't received a single bite since I got here, so I'm not very worried.

10. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Just thought I'd let everyone know I'm still alive. ;)

I'm also definately staying in London, at least until next summer. I have a good job here now, and have met some good friends.

11. Lady_Amourelle

Lady_Amourelle Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2003
    You're leaving?!? :eek: *crys* but BC rocks..well, most aspects of it. ;)

12. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Check the date. I left last summer. My fiancee and I are coming back this summer.

13. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    You're coming back?!? :eek: *cries* but BC rocks..well, most aspects of it.

;)

- Rani

14. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Some aspects of it rock, and I'm looking forward to them. Televised Canucks games, mild weather, mountains... as long as I stay away from debating politics with westerners and I don't focus too much on the BC economy, I should be OK.

15. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    lol, that and the gas prices :p

~TJF

16. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002
    ?My fiancee and I are coming back this summer.?

[image=http://members.shaw.ca/dan_hogan/Emoticons/Smileys/Shocked.gif]

So, is this the real deal? :confused: Because although I?d hate to steal you away from Debs & Co., I?d absolutely love to have as a member of Tipoca City if you?re planning on moving to the Lower Mainland. :D You?d be an excellent addition, IMHO. ;)

[b]Edit[/b]:

[image=http://members.shaw.ca/dan_hogan/Emoticons/Smileys/Crying.gif]

17. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Sorry, man. We'll be moving to Kelowna. Just a bit too far away. :(

And yes, it's the real deal. I've already been accepted into university there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.