main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC greatest serial killer of all time

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue_Ten, Aug 31, 2016.

?

GSKOAT?

1. Berkowitz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bundy

22.5%
  3. Chikatilo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Dahmer

5.0%
  5. Fish

2.5%
  6. Gacy

2.5%
  7. Holmes

12.5%
  8. Ramirez

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Wuornos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

55.0%
  1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    in their defense, it is pretty crass. but that's part of why i love it :p

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  3. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
  4. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    ya know, its a pretty good OP. i put a lot of time into it. you should read it

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  5. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    next time i make a poll remind me to not put in an "other" option

6. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Speaking of serial killers, I thought "The Girl On the Train" did a credible job engineering a realistic psychopath profile for its murderer. Book was a fun read. Hope the movie is good!

7. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    The most smart one is the Original Nightstalker.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  8. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    This whole thread is remarkably insensitive to people who have lost loved ones in terrible ways. How about we try not celebrate evil?

For clarity, I'm talking about the Margaery comments.

9. Asplundhe

Asplundhe Jedi Master star 2

Aug 29, 2016
    i heard scorcese is making the devil and the white city into a movie. if he doesn't cast tom hardy as hh holmes then there is only his obvious senility to blame.

10. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

this is a good slowpokeking post, actually. Original Nightstalker definitely gets mad "never been caught" points

he should cast me. just give me some time to grow out a bomb-ass mustache

Asplundhe likes this.
  11. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

okay, i listened to the harmontown ep (211 JonBenet Gacy), and they were indeed the guests and were pretty engaging/interesting, so I'll deffo give their podcast a listen at some point

JoinTheSchwarz and Diggy like this.
  12. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Last podcast otl is better for serial murderers, but the mfm'ers have covered some more obscure characters, and are always interesting.

13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I wish he could be caught asap.

14. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

i mean, they havent connected him to anything in 30 years and he might not even be alive still but i guess there are some victims/victim's families that would get closure from it? (probably? some of them might just be traumatized all over again by something they thought they'd put behind them...)

i think its probably gonna be another zodiac/jack the ripper thing where he died or stopped killing and we're just never gonna know for sure who it was and true crime authors will get to endlessly speculate forever

but who knows, could turn out like dennis rader where he gets cocky and ****s up

for those who don't know, dennis rader was a serial killer who stopped killing (afawk) for 15+ years before deciding to brag to the police some more and he was like "hey, if i send you guys a floppy disk with info from the crime scene, you can't trace that right?" and the cops were like "oh yeah we'd have no way of tracing that, sure wouldn't" and then dennis rader was like "okay then here's a floppy disk" and they immediately traced it to his work computer and they were like "psych! ya busted"

15. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I study on serial killers and paid attention to him, it was ridiculous for him to commit 50+ rapes and 10+ killing through home invasion against middle class families and was able to get away. The police also made many mistakes, some victims actually did report for weird stuff before the attack, but the police didn't pay attention. They even lost him in a footchase.

I think there are rumors of some lead last month and they might have some break, hope it's true.

16. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

i dont see anything about a big break. just that they reopened the investigation this summer and are offering a reward and so on. the dude would probably be in his late 60s-70s if he is alive, doesn't have the proclivity for bragging that Dennis Rader had (he did a bit of communication with the cops right at the start of his career, but apparently broke himself of that), he probably wouldn't look anything like the composite sketches anymore... seems pretty unlikely that he'll ever be caught.

of course, everyone wants him to be caught, i just dont think its very likely and i honestly dont know if it would do more good than harm at this point (aforementioned issue with victims who put this behind them in the intervening 30-40 years, having everything brought back to the surface again)

17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    They got his DNA, as long as he is found, there is no problem to identify him.

Recently it was reported that one earlier case was connected to him and that one had a narrow suspect pool plus more info of the attacker. If they could break through this one, then we might see the truth. It's never too late to bring justice. I also study the Mad Butcher of Kingsbury Run case which happened in the 1930s, and I think it's still worthy to find out the killer.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  18. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

i dont understand why they're doing a reward and electronic billboard campaign if the whole thing is that they have a narrow suspect pool to work right now. shouldn't they just be interviewing those suspects/people from that case?

im not presuming to judge the investigation. i just really dont know. the lives and psychology of the murderers themselves have always fascinated me much more than the mystery/detective work. i guess that's why i didn't include any unsolved cases in the initial poll

19. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    They still couldn't make sure 100%, so it's better to spread the net.

Some unsolved cases fascinates me more, especially the Mad Butcher of Kingsbury Run case. It was SO gruesome and most of the victims weren't even identified. But I never give one bit of pity to any kind of murderers, most of them aren't human if you look at their cases.

20. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    except that they are human, whether you rhetorically grant them the title or not, which is precisely why they're interesting. do i feel pity for them? not so much*. but fascination? for sure

*i do feel a little bad for some of the truly deranged, like Gein or Dahmer. those guys' thought processes were so ****ed up its hard to see them as anything other than wounded creatures

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  21. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    In terms of sheer sadism, I'd say the worst would be Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris. Just reading the wikipedia article about those two made me sick to my stomach.

22. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Any serial killer who actually got away with it (see Cleveland Torso, Phantom Killer of Texarkana, Zodiac, Mad Butcher...Doodler is especially heinous considering the political and social turmoil around the time of his murders) but the one serial killer I'm absolutely fascinated with in terms of how ****ing awful he was is Albert Fish. What a sick ****.

23. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    That elite circle of hell for cannibal pedophiles.

24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Cleveland Torso is the Madbutcher of Kingsbury Run.

25. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    ****. That was a mistake on my part. I meant to write the Axeman (New Orleans)