main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greatest Star Wars Scenes

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DarthBong0202, Apr 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Which is why Dooku will kill him. ;) It will be Boba's revenge, from a certain point of view.

2. Phantom-Iam

Phantom-Iam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2002
    ANH: sunset

ESB: yoda and ben watching Luke leave

ROTJ: death of yoda

TPM: Shmi and Qui gon talking about Anakin's gifts

AOTC: Shmi's death

3. Obi-tres

Obi-tres Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2002
    "You're all clear kid, now let's blow this thing and go home!"

4. RowenaCon1

RowenaCon1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2003
    TPM - Obi-Wan's entrance. The Duel of the Fates and when Qui-Gon dies while Obi-Wan looks on.

AOTC - Obi-Wan's entrance. The diner with Obi-Wan because he has that incredible smile! Obi-Wan embarassing Anakin in front of Padme and telling him off! The night club (Obi-Wan's scene only).

ANH - Obi-Wan's entrance. "OBI-WAN KENOBI... now that's a name I haven't heard since, oh, before you were born." The Cantina. The Leia/Luke/Han/Chewie scenes. Obi-Wan's death, "If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." Han saving Luke outside the Death Star. "Use the force, Luke." The medal ceremony. Oh, and the desert scene with 3PO and R2.

ESB - Obi-Wan's ghost's entrance. Han saving Luke on Hoth and Leia worrying. The Han/Leia scenes. When Han and Leia say good bye with Chewie standing behind Leia ready to protect her. "I am your father." Telepathic conversation b/t Luke and Leia. Chewie yelling at Lando every time he makes a sound. "No, there is another."

ROTJ - Obi-Wan's ghost's entrance. Luke realizing Leia is his sister. Luke telling Leia that they are twins. The celebration scene. And, last but not least, the scene where Luke smiles at the ghosts of Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda and Leia comes to get him.

5. coney_1_kenobi

coney_1_kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    TPM: Duel of the fates
    opening sequence

AOTC:Coruscant chase
    -Anakin's 'search' and his confession scene
    -light sabre duel/arena battle
    -obi-wan on kamino watching the march of the clone troopers

ANH: Luke peering into the sunset
    Obi-wan's hovel/force explanation
    Cantina sequence
    Battle of Yavin
    Vader and Obi-wan meet

ESB: Battle of Hoth
    Luke meets Yoda/luke's training
    Vader Vs Luke;confession
    Yoda retrieving the X-wing

ROTJ:The pit of Carkoon
    Yoda's Death scene/obi-wan's revelation
    Luke's confession to Leia
    Forest battle on Endor
    Space battle
    Final Duel
    Vader's funeral

6. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Coney1_Kenobi: (Sorry if I got the name wrong) Those are some of my absolutely favorite scenes as well. Actually, I think you just listed out the "hook scenes" in all the movies. ;)

Aunecah

7. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    The Phantom Menace
    - Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan helping the Queen escape.
    - The Podrace (who could forget it?).
    - The Jedi Temple scenes.
    - The Battle of Naboo.
    - The Duel of the Fates.
    - Yoda and Obi-Wan in room.

Attack of the Clones
    - The opening sequence.
    - The speeder chase.
    - Obi-Wan's Kamino scenes.
    - The Geonosis asteroid belt.
    - The Homestead and Tusken Camp.
    - The Arena battle (Jedi part)...mmm...
    - The Clone War.
    - Yoda and Dooku (NO ONE could forget this!).
    - The Aftermath scene at the Jedi Temple.
    - The shipping of the clones.

A New Hope
    - The opening sequence.
    - Darth Vader's scenes.
    - Obi-Wan's hut.
    - Sneaking around the Death Star.
    - The Battle of Yavin.

The Empire Strikes Back
    - Luke in the wampa cave.
    - The Battle of Hoth.
    - All Imperial scenes.
    - The asteroid chase.
    - Bespin.
    - Luke learning with Yoda.
    - The duel on Cloud City...awesome!
    - The end scene.

Return of the Jedi
    - Luke's arrival at Jabba's palace.
    - Luke battling the rancor (would have been better if produced today).
    - The Pit of Carkoon scenes.
    - Aboard the Home One.
    - Speaking with Obi-Wan.
    - The Battle of Endor.
    - The celebration sequence (SE).

8. Augury

Augury Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2003
    TPM - Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon/Darth Maul fight.

AOTC - Anakin raging and grieving in front of Padme, after the Tusken slaughter.

ANH - Luke realizing he lost his aunt and uncle.

ESB - Luke finding out who his father really is.

ROTJ - The entire scene with Luke, Vader, and Palpatine in the throne room.

The last is probably my favorite. ;)

9. Jedi_Master_Radagast

Jedi_Master_Radagast Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    My favorite has got to be the carbon freezing chamber in ESB. It has amazing cinemetography with the reds and blacks that make it feel like hell. The utter sense of hopelessness as Han and Leia are separated. The awesome line of Han, "I know" that captures his character perfectly. The loyalty of the Wookie to the point of death. The incredible music by Mr. Williams at the climax of the scene as Han is being lowered into the chamber. The look on Leia's face as the slab of carbonite slams to the floor with seeming finality.

Incredible scene.

10. Obi-Ted_Kenobi

Obi-Ted_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2003
    Lightsaber Wielder, you just descibed the entire saga so far as your favorite scene. Classic.

I enjoy almost all of them as Lightsaber Wielder does, but when it comes to a favorite, the one that always pops in my head (which has only been mentioned once so far) is the asteroid chase in TESB. Very little dialogue, what dialogue is there is very dark and funny, the action is exciting, and it has great music. One of my favorite pieces of the entire saga's score and very underrated.

11. Ariadne

Ariadne Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    For me, it has to be the confrontation between Luke, Vader and the Emperor in ROTJ. Great cinematography, cracking lines ("Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive...") and an 'electrifying' finale. It showcases the talents of my favourite actor in the Saga (hail the mighty Ian!) and brings home the true pity of Vader and the Dark Side.

The Dooku/Sidious and Palpatine/Clone army scenes at the end of AOTC, and TPM's Duel of the Fates come in at a close second, although IMO they can't quite match the sheer drama of the ROTJ throne room scenes.

12. BucketHead8723

BucketHead8723 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2003
    TPM- Obi-Wan and Qui Gon vs. Darth Maul duel

AOTC- When Anakin confesses to killing the Tusken Raiders

ANH- Battle of Yavin

ESB- "I am your father" - Darth Vader

ROTJ- Battle of Endor and Luke getting fried by the Emperor

13. 1cb_

1cb_ Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2003
    For my first post...
    I think all of you covered all the greatest scenes/moments of the entire saga!

Great stuff here.
    My personal favorite is the Rebel retreat on Hoth and the escape of the Falcon.

14. Emperor's Prize

Emperor's Prize Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 1999
    TPM
    Anakin leaving his mother
    Don't look back.
    The Force theme swells ... it's pure Star Wars.

AOTC
    Anakin's confession to Padme about the Tuskens
    I'm a Jedi. I know I'm better than this.
    The Emperor's Theme and Vader's theme interweave to create a haunting mood.

ANH
    Obi-Wan's Death
    If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.
    Leai's theme at the moment of Obi-Wan's death is very poignant.

ESB
    Yoda's speech to Luke
    Luminous beings are we.
    Yoda's theme is awesome. :)

ROTJ
    Victory celebration
    I just love the new music for the SE. Perfectly bittersweet.

15. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    ANH - binary sunset, Obiwan telling Luke of Anakin.

ESB - Scene with Vader looking out over the stars, Luke's first meeting with Yoda, Carbonite scene - especially when Vader stops Boba Fett from shooting, my favorite Vader shot (standing at the top of stairs right before the duel),"I am your father", Vader pelting Luke with the force, the end scene

ROTJ - Vader's arrival on the death star (His entrances from shuttles are some of the best in cinema history imo), trapped by Chewie's stomach, Yoda confirming Luke's partentage, Obiwan and Luke talking of Anakin/Leia, Vader/Luke duel, Luke and Leia talk about Padme, ALL TIME favorite - Vader throwing Palpatine down the shaft, "Help me take this mask off", funeral pyre, SE ending

TPM - Qui Gon has some of the best scenes in the saga IMO, he IS the "Jedi of old" to me,so... Qui and Shmi talking about Ani. Anakin and Shmi saying goodbye, Anakin and Obiwan meeting, Anakin giving Padme japoor snippet, Qui Gon's funeral, celebration at end.

AOTC - Padme see Anakin again after 10 years, Padme and Anakin pack for Naboo, Obiwan in Dex's, Jango and Obiwan conversation, meadow scene, Padme's parents (cut scene), all the tatooine scenes - especially "The Confession", Love Pledge, Anakin's part of the Dooku duel - (he does the best duel scenes imo), The clone army taking off, and the Wedding.

Not many ;)

16. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I would have to say from AOTC the Yoda and Dooku battle scene. That is just Rad :cool:

17. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    i HATe one thing about that soo much becasue...
    it finishes WAAAAAYY too early. It is the best fighting in the the whole mvoie so far and it lasts several seconds,( maybe if 'Ani 'n Obi' hadn't goen after him , they seemed laughably inept when they are are comapred to Yoda. ) its a reason why i like Duel fo the Fates better than that. and the music. My favortite scene is after Obi-Wan and Qui gon and Maul were trapped in teh red shields, then Qui Gon fights Maul, and Obi Wan has this REALLY desperate worried look on his face, hen Maul kills Qiu Gon, and his "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..'" was the best scene, plus the fighting that happen just after. Just amazing

18. 1cb_

1cb_ Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2003
    Ehem - you know guys, considering that Boba will be twelve or thirteen at the time of Episode III, it will look really bad for the entire Order if one of its best fighters dies at Boba's hands. At any rate, I think Mace is too skilled a Jedi to die at Boba's hands.

Aunecah

If I may...
    I heard/read that the Clone Wars was to last 5 years, the exact time between the ATOC and EP3 films. So... if Boba was what...10? that would make him 15. Old enough I think to deal out some revenge... at least in that Galaxy far far away....after all Anakin was a champ PodRacer at 10.

<edited because Im stupid>

19. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Some of my favorite SW scenes might have not been mentioned yet.

AOTC: The intro of Zam and Jango with the tribal drums beating in the background and the cityscape... wonderful.

ESB: The Lando trap, with Han, Leia, and Chewie being lead right into Vader. That shocks me everytime, the colors the dramatic climax... oh so good.

[/b]ROTJ[/b]: "It's a trap!" The realization that the Death Star II is operational and the battle over Endor begins.

20. Heavenly_Angel

Heavenly_Angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    my fav scenes for the five movies so far...

TPM - Duel of the fates
    AOTC - lightsaber duel between Obi-wan then Anakin w/ Dooku
    ANH - Obi-Wan dueling Vader/Luke bombing the death star
    TESB - the 'Luke, I am your father' sequence
    ROTJ - Luke battling Vader

21. Vaders_leash

Vaders_leash Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    TPM - The Trade Federation landing on Naboo and then entering Theed, with the Queen looking out the windows.

Anakin giving Padme the jappor snippet.

AOTC - Padme's confession of love to Anakin (love pledge).
    Padme lands on the reek behind Anakin and gives him a kiss on the cheek.
    Count Dooku stepping out of his solar sailer to meet with Sidious.

ANH - Vader's entrance in the rebel blockade runner.
    The whole sequence when the Millenium Falcon comes out of hyperspace and into the remains of Alderaan and then the Death Star. Great use of sounds and music.

TESB - Han's carbon-frozen case slamming home, with Leia's trembling reaction.

ROTJ - Most of the space ship scenes: the rebel fleet going into and coming out of hyperspace, Millenium Falcon/TIE fighter dogfight, Wedge and Lando flying into the Death Star's tunnels, and lastly, the main reactor exploding with the Millenium Falcon heading back into the tunnel all in one shot.

22. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2003
    My favoite scenes in each of the original movies were

Ep4: When the Admiral on the Death Star was waiting for the rebel base to be destroyed, then BANG!!!!!!!!!! He was gone. Wonder what went throught his mind when he got blown up...
    Ep5: The scene where those Star Destroyer chased the MF into an asteroid field.
    Ep6: When the Executor had a fighter crash into it and the two commanders dove into the control room.

23. Kit-Fisto7BA

Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2003
    My Favorite Two Scenes:
    Darth Vader:eek:bi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.
    Luke:He told me enough,he told me you killed him!
    Darth Vader:No,I am your father.

*Thousands of clone troopers bording transports*
    *Palpatine and the loyalist committee watching*
    *Music:Imperial March*

Both are epic scenes in the saga.

24. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    My favorite is really Yoda lifting up Luke's X-wing. Sometimes, if I haven't seen ESB in a long time, I think the scene is longer then it is, but really, it is the right legnth.

25. senseless_apprentice

senseless_apprentice Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2002
    The greatest scene in my humble opinion would be the sarlacc battle. Luke went ape and taught the ruling party of Tatooine a lesson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.