main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Green?? Jedi Robe

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by jedi_1966, Feb 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Hiya Guys,
    I need an opinion. I just finished my tunic, and I already have a dark green (kind of like a pine/drab green hooded robe that is floor length that will do very well as a jedi robe. Now,I've noticed the differences in robes Anakin's Ep II is a very Dk. Brn., Qui-Gon's was a Dk. Brn. There a a wide variety of browns. I'd remembered reading that jedi color schemes are of earthy colors. So how does a Dark piney kind of green sound for a jedi robe??

2. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    I think green is a great choice for Jedi ensembles. As long as it's custom, anything goes, really. My husband has green underrobes for his Jedi costume. And I *think* there's a character in the books who wears a green robe, so it's not unprecedented.

-sg

3. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Corran Horn has green robes.

It has been established in the books that Corillian Jedi usually have green robes. They are Jedi who like to do things outside the status quo

I had half a thought of making Green ones myself. I tried some dye on a few scraps but I couldn't find a Green that I liked.

4. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    It's funny you should ask that. I just went around to some fabric shops with a member of my local FanForce chapter, Nashville Force, and he decided to do a Corellian Jedi with some green components.
    Obviously it would be wise to stay away from really bright colors. But I love seeing original Jedi costumes.

5. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Cool. We must have a pic when He is finished.

6. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    Glad to hear a positive kinda feed back, thankx much. The only thing is I'm wanting to keep within the Movie storylines, EU isn't too much my bag 'o beans.

7. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    i think its cool to have green robes. gives it a more custom look.

8. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    We thought we were gonna have several from our fanforce show up yesterday. It turned out to be just two of us.

I found some green wool recently, that was the perfect color. It had the perfect weight and feel to it, and was marked 30% off since it was out of season. The only problem was they only had 2 yards, which wasn't enough by any stretch of the imagination.

The material I bought yesterday was 100% cotton. It will have to do for now. Maybe I'll upgrade to wool later when the stores have it again. I also bought some green tunic material as well. I will have pictures available online after it's finished. Or just look for me at DragonCon.

9. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    I made two green robes for original Jedi last year. I used a dark pine color denim fabric. Both of these were for female Jedi.

10. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    jedi 1966, I wouldn't be too worried about green robes being more of an EU thing than a movie thing -- with the great variety of jedi that are supposed to be seen in Episode II, surely a few of them will have some green costume elements.

-sg

11. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I think the biggest thing with Jedi robes is to have something of a natural feel, tans, browns, grey, etc.... I would certainly include green in that mix. And as others have said, Corran Horn wears green, well atleast til he burns them right off and gets caught wandering the streets bare-*** naked... :)

12. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    yeah, i thought I'd remembered reading somewhere or other about the color scheme of all things Jedi being natural or "earthy" colors. And I was very sure that I couldn't be the only one to have read it. EU hasn't stood out to me,but with few exceptions. Thankx for the thoughts and opinions, youns are AWESOME!!

13. FarmboyKatarn

FarmboyKatarn Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 26, 2001
    I'm also thinking about a green robe(Ep II Anakin style-no sleeves, arm-holes)right now I use it for my hobbit costume, but I'll wear it when I go to the Convention. Anyway, my Jedi outfit is- white tunic, dark grn. pants, 2 brn. shirts and grn. cloak. Any suggestions? It looks better with my brown robe, but hey, it works for me.

14. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    I like it. Sounds very elfin.

15. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I think it sounds cool. It sounds like a nice blend of colors.

16. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    I found a beautiful blue wool that I am going to use. Underneith I am using a great grey-blue-green for my tunic, tabbard and obi. Cream for my shirt.

And talking about the browns: It looks like to me, that the younger the lower in ranks the jedi are, the lighter their colours, or more natural, and the higher Masters, have darker browns, and tans in their costumes. But that seems to be in the World of the Old Republic. In the New Republic, you see guys and gals a like wearing all sorts of different colours. Heck, in one book if I remember correctly, there was a guy wearing a green cloak. I can't remember his name, I think it might have been Kyp.

Lotus!

17. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    That sounds like a plausible explanation to me, rather like the belt system in Karate. The darker the belt, the more experienced the student.

And with all the variety of Jedi in EII and the variety of robes, like Luminara and Barris or Aayla Secura, I'm tempted to make a custom set for myself... *laugh* *never planned on anything but Leia...*

18. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    You know what I think would be an awesome color scheme for Sith robes?
    Black/deep DEEP blue, and a rich dark red-orange. Not a bright orange like halloween, and not a blood red, but a dirty mix.
    Sith costumes should have some amount of color, plain black can get boring unless the actual design is very unique.

19. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    I just recieved my costume. It was made like the Luke costume from ROTJ but has a grey vest & hunter green robe. Looks good. I will be wearing it at C2.

20. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    Interesting color combination. Which means, of course, that you have to take pictures of it for those of us who not going to CII, so that we can see it, too.

21. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Costume is finished and I have 1 pic online. The original looked good but it scanned kind of blurry. I may modify it later, not sure yet.

[image=http://www.rebellegion.com/images/cos/141-A.jpg]

22. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    When you look at Ayla Secura's costume (or rather lack thereof... heh heh) I can't see any member of the Council being upset about a green robe.

23. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I have a velvet, emerald green, hooded cloak. No sleeves or arm holes. It'slined on the inside w/ a black fabric satin fabric. It can go with my jedi gear as a 'dress" cloak. I notcied noone on the coucil had a fit with the differant colors either.
    BTW the blue and green isntead of brown clocks look great. I saw all the pics w/ Jedi wearing brown, green or blue robes and they look great.
    Mynn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.