main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Greetings fellow Star Wars fans

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Mac6uffin, Sep 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac6uffin

Mac6uffin Jedi Knight star 1

May 12, 2020
    I am pretty sure I lurked on these boards way back in the prequel days, but never created an account. I mostly argue about Star Wars over on reddit these days, but why not here too?

My first movie theater experience as a small child was when my aunt and uncle took me to see The Empire Strikes Back in a downtown Kansas City movie theater. I remember playing Asteroids in the lobby and the theater itself had a balcony which I haven't seen in decades.

I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan that doesn't remember a time Star Wars wasn't a part of my life. While I think the original trilogy has yet to be matched, I am not a prequel or sequel hater. The only "bad" Star Wars movie to me is Attack of the Clones, reinforced by the fact I found it a chore to get through when I did a recent rewatch of everything on Disney+ (and yes, that means every episode of The Clone Wars and Rebels too).

I got away from "Legends" books in the late 90s, and only got back into reading canon books in the Disney era, currently up to date on every thing High Republic except the Marvel comics.

Luke Skywalker is my childhood hero and the green lightsaber from ROTJ is my fave all-time.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome to the forums! I hope to see you around! I am sure I will. If you ever need help just ask

3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! Asteroids and later Galaga when waiting for the movie to start! Those were the good old days.

Welcome to the community. :) I’m glad you signed up this time. Please let me know if you’d like help navigating the forums.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  4. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    The welcoming crew has started to arrive. I'll put my own welcome in there.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Argue away. Just don't be an *** about it! :D

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Arh, True Legends fans are the best! Welcome!!!! You should come to the EU where we are the legends!! ;)

Need help? Just ask like the others have said ;)

Sent from my X Wing via sub space.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  6. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Welcome Gold Vader (your avvie), rise! Joking. :)

So glad you went from lurk to landing in membership pool.
    We have all kinds of places for you to express your opinions and fandom. :)

I agree Luke’s green saber is iconic, it is an equal Excalibur to Anakin’s legacy blade IMHO.

Welcome aboard, and May The Force Be With You!

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Welcome to the forums!

Lady Belligerent and Kato Sai like this.
  8. HanSolo98

HanSolo98 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2022
    The green lightsaber in ROTJ is def the best. I'm currently watching ep. 2, but my fav so far is ep. 6. How about you?

9. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome aboard.

HanSolo98 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.