main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Greetings to everyone, New Member here (kinda!)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Master Jedi Fixxxer, Nov 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself, mostly because these forums are so vast that I have so many questions, but I will refrain from asking them all in one post :ahsoka:

• I was born in 1981, I currently live in NYC (and have lived here for 9 years), and I am a professor at a college level, teaching all kinds of Physics classes.
    • My interests include science, film, music, playing soccer (twice a week) and conversations about anything existential.
    • My favorite SW episode is probably Revenge Of Sith and I consider the first 6 movies a single storyline, with beginning, middle and end.
    • My favorite SW character is Ahsoka Tano and I really wish that some day we will get an anthology film based on her character.
    • My favorite EU characters are in random order: Kyle Katarn, Darth Bane, Ben Skywalker, Jaina Solo, Luke Skywalker, Vestara Khai, Revan.
    • I don't hate TLJ, but I find it a very bad movie, in all aspects. I can see no redeeming qualities in it, and I wish it had never been released, but I can just ignore its existence anyway.
    Ask me anything, I would love to get to know people on these forums over time and have interesting discussions about anything really.

:sabine:

PS. How can one see the various ranks of users and what the color codes mean? I have been searching for this but didn't find it.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  2. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
  3. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Heya, @DarthFixxxer :) I also love Ahsoka, and if she got her own movie, I'd be really happy :cool: Hope you love it here!!

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome @DarthFixxxer !! Seems your first question has been answered, but by all means ask all of them in one post!! We're all here to help and guide you as you are right, the boards are VAST!!!

Look @Corellian_Outrider - another Ahsoka fan!!!

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Welcome to the forums! You've got great taste in a favorite character! ;)

6. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Welcome @DarthFixxxer! Another Darth for our humble boards. Agreed on Jaina and Vestara! Such great characters! As a matter of fact, @DarthBooty (my wife) and I had agreed, if we had a girl, to name her Jaina. (Even though she's a stinkin' Jedi...)

Let us know how we can help, please.

7. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
  8. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
  9. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Thank you, thank you, yes, Jaina is one of my favorite characters during the Legacy Of The Force Era, and she had a great development, though I admit I still need to read some of the novels with the Skywalker and Solo kids. I guess I should have clarified my question better. I can see everyone's rank, I was just looking for a legend to see all the ranks and what each one of them means (Youngling, Master, Grand Master etc), and what do the color codes on some people's username also mean (purple border, orange and yellow box etc) :)

I already love it, and yes, Ahsoka was annoying me when she was first introduced in Clone Wars, and then she became my all time favorite along with Luke Skywalker perhaps. She rocks!

Haha thanks! Well Star Wars has so many great characters, that it's hard to choose!
    Thank you, and thanks to everyone who responded also. Well I might disappoint you, because even though my username is DarthFixxxer, I am truly a Jedi in heart, and I always prefer the light side in videogames where choices matter etc. But we all have a dark side :emperor:

Honestly, if I was somehow in control of Lucasfilms, and if George Lucas had not sold the franchise to Disney, I would totally push for limited series of the Legacy Of The Force and the Fate Of The Jedi book series. I think they would make amazing stories shown on TV. Perhaps two seasons of each would be perfect.... with 2 episodes per novel. It's not that important I guess, because in my head I already have images for all of that stuff... Lymiya and Mara's death, Darth Caedus, Vestara and the Lost Sith, Ben Skywalker, Abeloth etc. :cool:

10. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
  11. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Awesome, now everything makes sense! I still have to figure out how people have colored boxes and fonts on their usernames, but that's a tale for another time.... I guess my last question for now would be what are the prerequisites for inclusion in the interview thread? :D

Thanks for your help, I will stop the spamming for now and go watch SOLO :han::falcon:

12. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    That's great @DarthFixxxer! Glad to help ;)
    I will PM you about the interview thread :D

P.s. people with coloured names are mods/admins or VIPs. Mods/admins get the colours so they are distinguishable from others and as a sort of reward I believe. VIPs (red text only) get colours if they host a game, win a game or are an ex-mod/admin. I have colours because I won forum feud)

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You get youngling Master etc when you post more and hang around more! You earn those titles.......If you want to be a Jedi, pretty sure @Khalia Octa can show you the way! ;)

14. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    @DarthFixxxer

Hello and welcome to the boards! :) Ah, a fellow NYer AND an Ahsoka fan. :cool: It looks like all of your questions were answered, so...
    Have a blast exploring the forums! They're quite expansive. Enjoy!!!

15. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    *a dark figure enters*

I see the Jedi are attempting to poach a new user with Darth in their user name. :p

Welcome to the community. :) The Dark Side also has a strong presence, but most importantly, we are all happy to help you navigate the boards.

16. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018
    Greetings. Join the Dark Side.

17. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Welcome @DarthFixxxer

I hope you'll have a great time here. As others have said, if you are unsure about something or wanting to find out more, always welcome to ask :) :ahsoka:

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003

Wow, sales pitch!! LOL. :p

19. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    It's all tone.

If it was dark chocolate on the other hand…. [face_thinking]:p

20. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018
    @DarthFixxxer Vestara Khai is one of my favorite Legends characters as well - although she only ranks fifth behind Gara Petothel/Lara Notsil/Kirney Slane, Cade Skywalker (even though he is Jedi scum), Thrawn, and Darth Krayt.

21. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome @DarthFixxxer

I used to live in NYC a long time ago. Went to NYU for a law degree and worked in the city as well. I miss it. Are you a Mets or Yankees fan?

22. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Thank you!

Even though I was born in NYC, I did not grow up here. Therefore I can't really say I feel a connection with any NY team, let alone baseball teams, since that's the one major American sport I can't really watch.

Somehow I like Chicago teams, at least in the NBA and the NHL.
    I think I like the Packers the most in NFL and I guess I don't really care for any baseball team :p

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Coincidentally, my brother lives in Wisconsin and he's a NY football fan (Jets).

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome to the community @DarthFixxxer I may not be the best when it comes to physics. I actually got a C. :p

However I would be glad to talk to you about anything involving Star Wars.

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  25. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    @DarthFixxxer @Ananta Chetan

You've made a name for yourself on the boards and even given an awesome interview. Do you feel it's time yet to join a club? Guardians of Light are a Jedi Knight roleplaying group who often deal with themes of the existential and metaphysical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.