main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Montréal Greetings

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by ApertureCaged, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApertureCaged

ApertureCaged Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2003
    Hello all, my name is Andrew Cranford. I am am currently living in Southern Ontario, between Toronto & Niagara Falls. October 2006, I will be moving to Montreal. Problem is, I don't speak French, and don't know anything about the area.
    I put a call out to any friendly people in the Montreal area. I love meeting new people, espically ones who share an interest for Star Wars.
    I'm not a huge nerd or anything about it, I'm more of a film dork I think. heh
    You can messages me on here, or e-mail me at ApertureCage@Hotmail.com
    Hope to hear from you soon.

2. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey bud, welcome to the "big" city of Montreal.

These board may seem quiet at times, but the group gets together every so often.

Don't worry about not speaking French, remember that the city of Montreal evolved over the years and with four very distinct community, The French, The English, The Irish and the Scottish.

So in the end we're a very open city for english speaking people.

I don't think you should worry too much.

See you soon.

3. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    We are always looking for new Fan Force members! You will be more then welcome here! :D When you arrive let us know and we shall arrange a meeting of sorts and get you all hooked up with the group!

As for the French issue, the group is bilingual so you won't have any problems fitting in and Montreal in general is bilingual as well.

Uilmuteiz is right, the boards kind of pick up and drop off from time to time but we are always arranging activities with our brother group Sithclan and the local costuming group as well.

It would be a pleasure to innitiate a new member :D

Welcome to Montreal! :D

4. ApertureCaged

Jul 6, 2003
    ...hazing? oh my...Sounds like fun :p lol
    I can't wait to move, a new province to a place where I know only like 1 other person.
    As of now, I'm coming up on the 6th. Just in time for my 22nd birthday, lol.
    Any meet & great events planned for sometime after that? heh
    If anyone has msn, I'm ApertureCage on there, always looking to meet new people.
    Espically from Montreal, so you can give me tips and steer me in the right direction :)

5. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Hey ApertureCaged, welcome to the boards,

For your information, there is the grape and wine festival in Niagara region on September 30th if you would like to show up and watch us.

We are all marching in SW costume.

oh and the montreal fanforce are a wonderful group, fun too.

The treat their guests with hospitality and dont leave their guests in foreign cities lost.

oh and try Chez Cora,

its the bomb, and dont worry alot of Montreal is in English, so you can get around ok.

6. Marianne_Solav

Marianne_Solav Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    Hi! Welcome to Montreal. :)

About events coming soon, there is a scifi / litt. convention on October 13-15 2006 in downtown Mtl.
    I'm sure there will be other get-togethers at some point for a movie night or something else.

Hope to see you soon!

7. ApertureCaged

Jul 6, 2003
    Thought I'd ask you guys, since I haven't found any luck yet; Do you know of any Film groups in the area? Filmmakers, Actors, Writers...ect...
    Let me know, would be great to hook up with a group like that.

EDIT: Well, Ièm here in Montreal now. I have not dared to leave the apartment, for fear of getting lost. lol
    Any friendly people wanna get together and hang out. heh

8. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Hello and welcome to our friendly city! :) No need to hide in your appartment!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.