main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Din Grogu [Baby Yoda] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yep. And were they simply protecting the baby or did they want him/her for themselves? Lots of interesting questions.

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Those guards could've used an AT-ST Raider,lol. They were pretty lame thugs aside from numbers.

Anubis78, whostheBossk and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  3. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Another mod somewhere compared the episode to feeling more like a true live action version of the Star Wars cartoons of the last decade and change, with Dave Filoni’s familair and aesthetically refined viewpoint being brought to bear here. It’s very Lucas-esque, though maybe substituting more cartoon-inspired elements in place of the inspiration Lucas took from old serials.

And when I say “cartoon-inspired elements,” I mean more like classic anime or DCAU-style cartoons - animated drama and action that’ stylistic and informed by other genres of film, TV, and art, but highly dynamic, and easy to follow.

Anubis78 and Demsa Aztor like this.
  4. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    One wanted it terminated. One wanted it alive. Interesting. Is it the true asset or a way to get to something or someone else?

Sarge and Anubis78 like this.
  5. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Ah yes, I take it back. Even though I *could* see Yoda hiding a kid from the Jedi Order, it is a stretch. I mean, if you have been able to resist intercourse and procreating for 850 years, you should make it through the last 50 years easily, am I right?

But on the other hand, there must be something unique about this baby, aside from it being strong in the Force (I think that's a given). The fact that we do not know much about Yoda's species and origins, doesn't mean there shouldn't be a planet somewhere in the galaxy where they are native. And I doubt that they have been eradicated or extinct, you would think that information such as this would have been mention worthy at some point. Though it could be a species that does not have a high population, especially considering how old they get. Perhaps there are only a few thousands of Yoda persons in the Galaxy to begin with. Who knows! I would love to learn as much as we can about their species, it will add greatly to the lore. And no, before anyone says anything, it will not ruin Yoda as a character at all.

PS. Also, if that species spend at least 50 years as infants, that makes them extremely fragile. They would need protection for a veeeeeery long amount of time.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Anubis78 likes this.
  6. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I don't think you can trot baby Yoda out and then just forget about it. That would be a huge waste of potential.

I think baby Y will either play a big role in the show or the EU.

By the way, does anyone want to guess baby Yoda's name?

Yibble.

Anubis78 and whostheBossk like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It will definitely be Y starting

8. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Yimbo?

Sarge, Anubis78 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Don’t let Anakin near it

11. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

12. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Scientist dude is some young upstart First Order guy who never lived to see the Jedi and wants to use The Asset’s blood for Midichlorian experiments, or train it for Brendol Hux, Werner Herzog is the Clone Wars veteran who knows what they can do and would rather see it dead.

Yoda’s species are force sensitive in nature and were either mostly wiped out by the Emperor and/or nomadic and few in nature.

Edit: also, we have a hard enough time sharing space on earth for 80 years at a time, which makes me think Yoda’s species don’t really have a home.

EDIT EDIT: or maybe this ties into the whole Chiss “sky walkers” concept from the second Thrawn novel, needing a force navigator through the Unknown Regions to meet up with the other Contingency members, but I don’t really see a baby barking out orders to a bridge crew, unless this is just some sort of bridge baby deal strapped to Norman Reedus in Death Stranding and it can be used as a tool somehow from its reactions.

Anubis78 and GregMcP like this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    When do you think the walking episodes will be? If we are going with the death Stranding analogy.

Anubis78 likes this.
  14. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    All right, the Asset is likely being pursued because they have a large potential to use the Force. Sciene guy wants the kid alive for study and possible use in the creation of more Force strong individuals loyal to the Empire (Think "Imperial Knights" from the legacy of the Force comics). His boss or another Imperial wants the kid dead because of the threat the child poses (Snoke or Palpatine being behind this as they do not want anymore competiton). Some one like Lor Sentaka or the Temple Guards from Rogue One have been watching over this kid but were forced to use mercs due to the Imperial remnant closing in on them.

One website suggested that this arc of The Mandalorian would play out like "Lone Wolf and Cub" which I could see. That said...I'd buy season 2 sight unseen if this arc ends with Ashoka or Ezra spiriting the kid into the outerrim.

15. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    AMEN to the last part there. I'm fully expecting something of them comes into this series, head canon disappointment be damned!

The introduction of Beskar into the plot leads me to believe we will see a lightsaber user in this series to show the steel can resist lightsaber cuts. I've heard we'll see some early First Order inclusion. What if Snoke is the one trying to have this baby killed, and the season finale is a fight between them, which is where Snoke gets that nasty cut into his head?

11-4D and Anubis78 like this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Of course the baby Yoda species will play a large role in the show. Are some people really suggesting that this plot-line will be dropped?

The Chalk Jedi and Anubis78 like this.
  17. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Yodl

Anubis78 likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Yoda Face.

Anubis78 likes this.
  19. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Yeah, I want to know what the Creepy Scientist wants with the Yodlet.
    He and Captain Werner Herzog seem to have big plans to restore the Natural Order.
    Using Yoda blood to make a new Emperor or some such.

Anubis78 likes this.
  20. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Snoke

11-4D, Anubis78 and GregMcP like this.
  21. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Well... I didn't want to say that word.
    But Werner Herzog Snoke would be a fine fine thing.

Anubis78 and Darth Smurf like this.
  22. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Yodel

11-4D, Anubis78 and Darth Smurf like this.
  23. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    OMG, that cannot be unseen

Anubis78 and DarthFixxxer like this.
  24. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    [​IMG]

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014