main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Din Grogu [Baby Yoda] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Sorry, but if Gideon is not an experienced Force user(or even if he kinda is) he'd be no match for Ahsoka alone, let alone taking on 3 or 4 enemies at once,lol.

The Child will likely get united with a Jedi or quasi Jedi at some point, but probably not Luke and his new generation Jedi Order. If not that, then it will probably be similar to when Zeb finds the rest of his people hidden away somewhere on Rebels. Or maybe The Child dies saving Djarin and it changes him.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  2. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    Very true. It'd be very annoying really if anyone stood a chance against her straight up. My scenario was more something where Gideon + an army of troops/machines are fighting against the protagonists. ...not 1on1 Gideon v. Tano lightsaber. He's toast instantly if that happens.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Baby yoda in the snow must be so cold

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  5. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    cwustudent likes this.
  6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    click the eye for the album

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    Darth_Diealot and Freelancer257 like this.
  7. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Or "Mando" for short.

8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, we also know his real name now.

9. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    This is the sorta thing i am waiting for Disney to suddenly make. a baby yoda animated show for little kids. the character just has a cute innocence that would probably go down well with little ones.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I would keep this character away from the Egg Lab & embryos on Kamino.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    His big appetite sure is interesting.

nilzo antonio likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Mando needs to remember to give him several meals a day.

14. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I might be overthinking. But my friend for a long time swears that Yoda’s species will be revealed as being ancient conquerors of the galaxy. Yoda and Yaddle being the outliers who are good.

but I’m starting to think the child’s appetite is a little more than a running gag at this point. He’s going around consuming lesser life forms on a constant basis and it’s slightly creepy/off putting and not even really cute anymore

The Chalk Jedi and nilzo antonio like this.
  15. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015

PS: as long Disney do not turn Baby Yoda into Snoke, i have no problem with BY going to the Dark Side.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2020
  16. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    It really has become a plot point, the question is how serious it will be. I do find the idea of Yoda and Yaddle being outliers interesting.

17. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    He's a cute MacGuffin and I think just enough will additionally be revealed to keep mystique about the species and whether they are all force users.

I don't think he'll end up hidden away in a warehouse in an unmarked box. More likely, returned to his spiritual community which subsequently flourished.

Now where have I heard that before?

18. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    I think Din's quest to find suitable parents for the Child will turn out to be a wild goose chase. First, he will track down some Jedi, maybe even Luke, but Luke's response ends up being surprising: "He doesn't need a teacher... He needs a father." Din takes this to mean he's got to find Yoda's species, which turns out to be nigh impossible. Perhaps he is able to locate them by the end of the show, but I think ultimately Din will realize HE was always meant to be the Child's father. It's been right in front of him this entire time, having been raised by Mandalorians in a culture of adoption. He just needed to grow up himself, shed his bounty hunter ways and embrace the loving father he's always been. This is the way.

19. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I would love if the ultimate villain of the show is a creepy dark Yoda counterpart who is BY’s biological father

nilzo antonio and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  20. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    A Gremlin?

Sarge, BigAl6ft6 and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Favreau has spoken a lot about avoiding typical cuteness with Baby Yoda, to meet the standard of Star Wars. Things can be cute, but there’s always an unsettling edge or grotesqueness to them. So if it’s not “cute anymore” to you, then Favreau has succeeded. Doesn’t mean Baby Yoda will be a darksider, though.

BigAl6ft6 and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  22. ClumsyDentist

ClumsyDentist Jedi Knight

Apr 9, 2016
    I agree with you but I think BY has it's own character ark that is somewhat obsucure because of the obvious limitations of BY beeing a child and not able to speak directly.

BY is exposed to a lot of violence and darkness, I for one think there will be some ambiguity to it's character. I think we will see more dark parts of BY in the future without him going full evil.

nilzo antonio and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    I think the choking try against Cara proves your point. All that The Child receives are atempts of murder. And watches people being killed. It can't really bode well for a young Force user.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    That's what you get for eating the unborn, you green devil.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.