main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Din Grogu [Baby Yoda] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
  2. Star wars princess

Star wars princess Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2020
    Anyone else unsettled with baby Yoda eating the frog eggs?

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    No, it was just food. The show does seem to have fetish for egg eating, last season it was the Jawas with the Mudhorn egg.;)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  4. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I was a bit unsettled. Don't think it means Baby Yoda is future Sith like some, but seeing a Mum have her chances of a future family slowly eroded away was uncomfortable.

Not sure where they were going with it really. Maybe circle of life stuff? Maybe just a slightly off-key gag for kids?

5. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Well we have had the Mudhorn egg eaten, Krykna egg got eaten and the Frog's. The show is rated rated TV-14, its not for very young children anyway. Lots of killing and eating/cooking on this show.

The kinda mischievous and eating habits of The Child remind me more and more of Gremlins, the regular mogwai not really Gizmo - despite having the cuteness of that one.

6. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    The difference is the other two were animal eggs. These were eggs of a sentient intelligent being.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  7. Saturn830

Saturn830 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2019
    I think the very last shot of him doing it one more time was a mistake. There seemed to be a genuine moment of understanding between him and the frog lady immediately before that and when he went back to eating her eggs it felt regressive.

nilzo antonio likes this.
  8. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Humans and humanoids are animals too , they are both hunter and prey in Star Wars - its food chain type stuff. And Mando just fed Gor Karesh to a non-sentient pack of ravenous beasts . The eggs of the Frog lady were not alive , they were unfertilized.

9. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    Normally, I wouldn't be. But . . . knowing that those eggs belonged to Mando's new client was a bit off putting. And I wish Mando had exercised a little more discipline with the Child.

10. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The cringe factor was deliberate, but was part of the entertainment.

As far as Djarin , I don't think he cared all that much either. Djarin didnt seem to particularly care for the Frog lady at all nor the situation of being a taxi service he got himself into . It also kinda reminded me of Jinn did not care about Jar Jar as a life form, that there was a hierarchy of species and intelligence, and he got stuck with Jar Jar cause of the life debt which annoyed him too.

I think Djarin more changed his view of her to some degree after she started using the droid to speak an accepted and intelligible language but even more so after she started firing the blaster and helping out. And the Child is probably not fully developed mentally and socially to fully understand. He's an animal that needs to eat, clearly carnivorousness, its his nature. Plus he's around violence all the time, and even partook in it and has killed before and even attempted to kill even Cara to aid Djarin. Djarin despite being the "good guy" is also a very morally ambiguous many times, especially violent and a very ruthless killer.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Many people were. That was the point too. Baby Yoda is hungry and was shown to love eating frogs in season one. So he’s naturally into frog eggs too. And Mando has some parenting to do...

12. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Funko certainly isn't
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :p

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  13. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    The eggs were unfertilized but I'm not sure BY would care if they had frog babies in them. He's a rascal.

nilzo antonio and Bor Mullet like this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Speaking of Baby Yoda speaking, is it possible that his babbling is actually native Yoda-species language? And he’s been yapping away all this time?

He’s definitely moving into the “seriously testing the boundaries of acceptable actions” stage of his character development. I love it. The last episode really was a solid character-driven one. It’s just that it focused on Baby Yoda’s character.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  15. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    Will Baby Yoda speak like Old Yoda?

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I don’t think he should. Would be silly for that “sometimes backwards speech” thing to be genetic...

The Chalk Jedi and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    ...I agree. Especially with Mando speaking normal like.

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I was kinda horrified at the first egg eat and then it became a good continuing gag at "How many did you eat?!"

Also Baby Yoda running when they got back to the ship was really hilarious to me for some reason hahaha It looked super puppet-y like it was on wheels or something.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  19. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    It would be strange, since that style of speaking is a specific kind of figure of speech used in rhetoric and poetry. If he does end up speaking that way, LFL is telling us it's some innate structure of those being's consciousness.

20. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I kind of have the feeling that if or when the child speaks it'll be more creepy than cute.

Everyone present will most likely be surprised and it'll be a little bit scary, I think.

His first word(s) will probably be "Din" or something like that and it'll freak people out.

Yes, this is what I'm hoping. :cool:

Or he knows who Moff Gideon is and says "Gideon" with an evil or angry look on his face; or he says his full name or something.

21. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    I'm genuinelly surprised people thought that eating those eggs was more disturbing than trying to Force Choke to death Cara Dunne last season. Also, it seems people already forget Baby Yoda killed a man in Ep. 08 last season.
    Be disturbed if you figured out BY's pattern of evil. But don't act surprised as if he never did anything wrong before.
    BTW,

what really to expect from someone, whose childhood is just a sequence of murders attempts and constantly watching people being killed violently ?

22. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I'm sure some people have a genuine problem with it. I had first thought that maybe if you're a vegan or something you might be disturbed by it, but it would have to be more than that, I would think. But outside of those who may have a genuine problem with it, or just thought it was kind of creepy, most I imagine just enjoy being outraged or upset over something because it's "fun" to do.

One thing on the child: I don't believe he's ever used the Force to defend himself; like against the spiders, or the Scout Troopers even. Every time he's used it was in aid to someone else. The Mudhorn. He believed that Cara Dune was trying to hurt Din Djarin when they were arm wrestling. To heal Greef Karga's arm. And to defend everyone against the Incinerator Stormtrooper's flame.

I wonder if that's his connection to the Force, or is it simply because he hasn't really been put in any other situation story-wise.

23. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I think the egg eating Baby gag is supposed to be in the same tone as Stitch in Lilo and Stitch. The chaos is funny but it also has really bad consequences for good characters. You aren't really condoning it or rooting for the ill will of the good characters by finding it funny.

24. Saturn830

Saturn830 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2019
    So it seems that once the eggs hatched and he was able to recognize them as living beings with connections to the frog people he no longer was interested in eating them. Which suggests he does have some respect for sentients and probably didn't realize the significance of the eggs while eating them.

That or the frog people are better at keeping an eye on him than Din.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Lego baby is even cuter