main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Din Grogu [Baby Yoda] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 12, 2019.

1. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    I know, he was my most wanted to return (with Thrawn) but I have to accept it.

I concur.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If I had to guess Tython is either a season final epside or the one before I don’t think it will be next episode

RetropME likes this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think it could the final scene of the season and next season we will get to know a certain jedi is looking.

dolphin and RetropME like this.
  4. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    Kyle Katarn would be extremely easy to bring in, wouldn't he?

You got Moff Gideon doing some kind of Dark Trooper thing.

And Ahsoka and the respond, "...there's a chance a Jedi may sense his presence and come searching for him. Then again, there aren't many Jedi left."

And you don't really need to change anything else about him, do you?

They brought back Thrawn and put him in a totally different time. With Kyle Katarn you don't even have to do that. And he would be a great character to lead a "there aren't many Jedi left" Jedi show.

I don't think they have any guest stars lined up for next season yet, so yeah... :cool:

5. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I have to say his name is pretty "meh". It doesn't have that Star Wars zing.

6. RetropME

Dec 11, 2017
    I've changed my mind, after some reflection, I agree with some others here and want Quinlan Vos to be the one who rescued the Child during Order 66. Jocasta Nu would be awesome but Vos makes much more sense as a character.

I'm guessing Grogu sensed something bad and hid during the temple massacre (he's shown to be quite adept at hiding from trouble) and was rescued after. This would work really well with some of the themes from the unused Quinlan Vos arc of TCW and the character with his underworld connections would definitely fit the bill of someone who could get in and out of the Jedi Temple when the imperials everywhere. Perhaps he knew Grogu and sensed that he was still in there.

As stated elsewhere, this would also have the advantage of allowing the Jedi who saved him become the same Jedi who answers the call to Tython.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Tan-Wessel and cwustudent like this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    what Gorgu is true in star wars lucas fashion.

RetropME likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The name never really mattered to me

9. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Thrawn was active as an imperial by 19 years before Yavin in old canon. The Empire rescued him from the planet the chisd exiled him to a week after the events of Revenge of the Sith. Admiral Voss Parckand his Victory class star destroyer where chasing Booster Terrik, who hid on the planet

Thrawn being around during rebels is not changing any era. He was also always first encountered during the republic era per the thrown trilogy and outbound flight novel, the new canon just retcons when Anakin met him.

RetropME likes this.
  10. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    Okay.

My point was though, for people who never heard of Thrawn, or like me, who knew Thrawn in name only and never read any of the novels, putting him in Rebels wasn't any kind of jolt. It was a, "Okay, this is how it is."

Same with Cobb Vanth. I guess his story is a little different from the canon novel. For everyone who doesn't know that though, it was, "Okay, this is how it is."

So apply the same thing to Kyle Katarn, and it's "Okay, this is how it is." Do you have to change much of anything on how he came to be? And whatever canon connections he may have is it important? This is my point.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  12. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    You would not have to change much of anything for Kyle at all.

His backstory is ex Imperial storm trooper who became disillusioned and ended up a mercenary than discovered he could use the force due to altercations with Imperial Inquisitors led by Jerek post ROTJ(who murdered his father)

inquisitors still exist in the new canon, Jerek and his group could be replacements for ones killed in rebels or just the 9th brother, Twelfth sister.

The only thing is they get Retconned his involvement in stealing the plans for the Death star

RetropME and Master Cado Afu like this.
  13. RetropME

Dec 11, 2017
    Exactly, He's perfect for the new Canon and for this TV show.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The Title has changed....:D:D

RetropME likes this.
  15. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I’d rather they make a Doom 2016 inspired Dark Forces reboot over premiering Kyle in a TV show

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Heir to the empire.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'll just leave this here (someone posted it on an Ahsoka group I follow)

[​IMG]

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yoda killed Yaddle, so he didn't need to pay child support.

RetropME and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  19. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Quinlan Vos would be a good choice I think.

20. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    Alternatively:

In the middle of violently decapitating a bunch of children, Vader saw Grogu, thought he was adorable, and personally saw to his safety. Ahsoka learns this and realizes that Vader still had a heart after all!

21. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    As crazy as that sounds I was actually gonna bring that up as a possibility. The Sith do like to double cross each other :)

22. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    I wasn’t being serious

Another far fetched but why not theory:

World between worlds comes into play again and Mando shows up at the temple purge to save baby Yoda

edit: I mean Grogu

wow that’s gonna take time to get used to

23. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    That is the hill I shall die on.............lol

Yep Anakin saved him :)

24. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I think the last episode pretty much confirmed that Yoda's/Grogu's species communicate telepathically though the Force and learning communication through speech is very hard for them.

Would explain why Yoda talks the way he does and it would also explain why Grogu is still not talking despite being 50 years old.

I don't think Grogu is supposed to be a toddler. His species basically lives 10 times longer than humans, so he's roughly on the level of human 5 or 6 year old.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018