main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Din Grogu [Baby Yoda] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So are Palpatine, Maul, Boba, Ben Solo should be no different if they feel there's more stories to tell with him.

2. Lord Exor

Lord Exor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2019
    I doubt he ever will be, just like I doubt Anakin ever will be. Revival as a narrative tool tends to be reserved for antagonists in Star Wars, and even then, only Palpatine ever truly died and resurrected. Rey died, but she was brought back immediately so that barely counts.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Which is thematically appropriate, as cheating death is a dark side thing.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Palpatine and Maul are Sith who attempt to hold on to life through unnatural means. Cybernetics or cloning. Jedi achieve spiritual immortality through letting go of their physical selves. As Yoda says, “Luminous beings are we. Not this crude matter.” Ben can return but he’ll be a Force ghost as he should be.

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Ben has shuffled off this mortal coil. He is an ex-Ren. He wouldn't voom if you shot ten kajillion volts of Force lightning through him.

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Grogu will be 69 during this event almost 70. So i i wonder by this time he be a teenager and maybe he was on Mandalore as he his free time or he has completed his trials and soon begin his jedi teaching to others.

8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Yes, well, a big unanswered question is what was Grogu doing during the whole Rey-Kylo kerfuffle?

Gotta be a series in that.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Selling his lightsaber for drinking money.

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm still going with Grogu isn't a Jedi, he's a Mandalorian so he wasn't a part of Luke's academy 25 years later. Hell, it'd be awesome if he was Mandalore by the time of the ST.

11. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    He's either dead (unlikely due to his popularity) or they'll come up with some convoluted story that he is in the Unknown Regions or something like that.

Seems like lately every character that doesn't fit with the established movies is delegated into UR.

12. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I think there's a bit of a conflicting intention in terms of Grogu's future.

At the end of season 1, the Armorer dubs he and Din "a clan of two," yet then tasks Djarin with finding a Jedi who can take Grogu into his care. Doesn't that then fracture the idea that they're a clan? And yes, I understand that there's an unbreakable bond between them no matter how far apart they are etc, but I'd think a clan would travel together.

And yet both Favreau and Filoni agreed Grogu would be safest with Luke, seemingly putting him on the path of a Jedi. But then the idea that Grogu ends up back with Din some time later and instead become a Mandalorian makes me wonder what the point of giving him to Luke even was.

I still suspect Grogu ends up with Ahsoka.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Grogu will be Ahoska's student after leanring sometihng from Luke. As a way for Grogu to be around with Ahsoka and Ezra with Jacen duirng the ST era. Luke's jedi die, but his legacy continue on. Ahsoka and Grogu have already bonded so well.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  14. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    That's too many Force Sensitives for one grouping, especially if Jacen inherits it from his father. The logical way would be to get rid of Ezra who is no one's favourite.

15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think you underestimates Ezra's popularity with Rebel's fandom and once live action he will only ger more popular. And since we didn't hear in TROS unlike Ahsoka, it gives the idea he could still be around by time of ST era.

Mostly Handless and Sproj like this.
  17. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    Prediction: Grogu will become both a Jedi and a a Mandalorian (like Tarre Vizsla), and he will attain the dark sabre.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I've been predicting (i.e. hoping) for that here since the end of season 1.

BigAl6ft6 and Darth Baga like this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah he will likley be both, but he has along journey ahead of him, he might also get his own jedi weapon alongside the dark saber. I think his journey will go from Luke to Ahsoka and one day back to Din. But that's ways off. First Din needs to take back Mandalore.

BigAl6ft6 and Sproj like this.
  20. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Grogs will become the Jedi Grand Master and the leader of Mandalore, he's going to be Star Wars for centuries to come.

21. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Ahsoka mentioned that Grogu had already been trained prior to being taken from Jedi Temple (Kidnapped, saved, howevere you want to look at it) But I always had the impression that he kinda suppressed his own training, so perhaps it won't take him as long to get trained by Luke as opposed to other Force Users? I suspect Grogu will show back up again at the end of Season 3 if not sooner.

Sproj likes this.
  22. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    She meant potty trained.

23. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
  24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Doodoo!

Duke Vadewalker likes this.
  25. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    Which makes me wonder how the show will handle Grogu's absence. Grogu is the show's breakout character and money-maker. I think some older fans would welcome a more mature season 3 focusing exclusively on bounty hunting and Mandalorian politics, but Grogu's absence would be felt, especially by kids. I suppose they could regularly cut to his training with Luke, but you risk all kinds of pacing issues by doing that. And I think replacing Grogu with another cute side-kick would be controversial to say the least.

I think having Grogu survive and teach his own Jedi solves one issue I had with the sequels. That being Luke's oder and legacy essentially being destroyed off-screen.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    Sarge likes this.