main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Group Costuming Event 11/22/08 9am-5pm] Make a snowtrooper day in time for winter trooping

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obey Wann, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    That's right campers, ever want to join the Empire and don the white bunny suit, trampling down poor Rebels on frozen worlds like Hoth? Well, now is your chance.
    [image=http://lh6.ggpht.com/BlackburnPhotography/RntcIrfoC_I/AAAAAAAADa8/YXpU18x__t8/s400/1-27-07-%20180-ed.jpg]

In conjunction with the Mountain Garrison and our friends up north, we have the ability to make a Snowtrooper kit at a discounted price.

I won't openly discuss the full price (PM me for details), but I'll say that the hard armor parts kit will require a deposit of $200 to allow for pre-ordering parts and materials. Cost includes a full hard armor kit (partially trimmed); including nylon straps, buckles, greeblies, decal stencils, etc. The kit is made from .090 glossy white ABS plastic so it is very durable, much more so than styrene --and no painting required, and no yellowing! yay!

They'll need a $200 deposit due by October 31st, with the balance due when you pull the armor.

The idea is that up to 12 soon-to-be-snowtroopers will trek up to Ft. Collins and pull the kits at MC and Wes's brand new shop. We will rough trim them, and try to get as much done as possible on site. I'm sure that a follow-up armor party could be held to finish them and get the squad members done.

Finished kits will be similar to SC and DH's suits that you may have seen:

[image=http://lh4.ggpht.com/BlackburnPhotography/RntcKLfoDCI/AAAAAAAADbU/yKZUMxhiKCA/s400/Snowtrooper%208x12-1-ed.jpg]

Here are pics of MC's kit

From there, we have a few other parts that will need to be acquired:

Pants: Possibly white scrubs for $10

Duster and pouches: RMFF's own SC is looking at possibly making these. I have found at least 2 other sources, and will post prices when we have all prices ready.

[image=http://www.thesabervault.com/files/Costumes/Snowtrooper/Duster_front.JPG]

Gloves: ScottM will pick these up for everyone.

Blaster: Standard E-11. There are resin kits available to make them look more accurate.

Mukluks: Lots of info in this thread. They are $70 at Anderson Surplus --just make sure you look at the info about sizing them in the MG thread!

And for those interested, here are the official requirements for a 501st approved Snowtrooper:

White armor made in/of ABS, HIPS, Styrene or Fiberglass
    -helmet with green (optional gray) flat lenses and soft white vinyl, leather or pleather face
    -chest with
    -3 rectangular raised red buttons
    -2 gray trapezoids one dark one light
    -2 capsule shaped decals one red one black
    -abdomen/belt with belt buckle detail silver and 2 white pouches
    -codpiece
    -knee armor (2)
    -forearms (2)
    -hand plates (2)
    -shoulder straps (2)
    -shoulder bells (2)
    -backpack various details black, red, and gray. (see reference photos)

Cloth goods
    -white trench coat/duster length to top of boots
    -white pants or coveralls
    -off white gloves
    -white mukluks with 3 horizontal straps (one single rivet per strap) on each (laces in)
    -white pouches on belt (2)

E-11 blaster (no holster)

Approved Options

A Snowtrooper should have the following:
    (These are recommended, but not required)

-helmet fans
    -mic and amp
    -hearing device

A Snowtrooper may have the following:
    (These are optional. They are accepted, but not required)
    -binders
    -white neck seal
    -white balcava

So for roughly $700 (completed!), you'll be able to fini

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    The scrubs idea is great, if you buy several in the same order it will be real reasonable price but if you buy 1 the shipping was over $8 itself.

I will get prices together as soon as I go to the store & check out fabric prices. Shouldn't be too steep for the soft parts.

3. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Good point, Kim1 IIRC, there is a scrubs place in Colo Mills and I'll check it out tomorrow.

4. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    4 spots taken, 8 left. Please LMK if any of you are interested.

5. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Oh, I didn't go to the fabric store to figure out prices.... I will do that this week for sure.

We are not a go on this costume, DH is in the middle of making us backpacks right now, so we will be complete. Even though ours are made out of styrene and they are getting beat up. We just don't have that kind of cash hanging around.

6. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I hear ya --I had to sacrafice a couple of things to get in on this, but I've been wanting a MC kit for some time. Choices, choices.

7. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002

ditto. I appreciate all that you are doing to make this happen, Bill. Under different circumstances I would be all over this like white on rice. Unfortunately I feel the need to use my savings to stock up on canned goods, bottled water and shotguns. :p

8. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Hey, I was going to say things about buying guns earlier but thought it wouldn't be in good taste :p

I liked the way you got it in there :D

9. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    LOL, I recently did stock up on the canned food. Never know when the SWHTF. ;) Last year for my hunting trip, I bought a 30 gallon water container, so I don't need bottled water, and I already have the shotgun. I could always use more shells, but I have enough for a bit. [face_devil] BYW, there are these great hard sided 5-gallon water containers that are really good --fairly mobile, relatively cheap and easy to store --remember: 1 gallon of water per person, per day is the thumbrule --and that's drinking water.)

I understand completely folks --funds are tight, especially in this economy. Take care of the basics first. Cal does give local discounts, so it's entirely possible to do this in the future. Maybe not at this price, but he does hook up locals.

And if things change down the road, and any of you feel like going snowy, know we'll do what we can to help. It looks like a fun costume to wear, and I hear word that Hyperdyne might be making an E-Web. If we have that BFG, it will be for great squad photos and mayhem at cons. [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.