main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Group weekend away.....

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kahlan72, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    This is something I've been thinking on a long time, before Sambo started year 12 actually..yikes.

I'd be really interested in a weekend at a beach house at Coolum for our gang. Just some time to hang out and walk on the beach, watch movies, eat food and have fun, all as a group.

Yes yes..my head also explodes as to the issues and problems we'd encounter along the way in arranging such a thing, but I'd love to do it.

Avoiding Supanove, Easter holidays and all that, the next pheasible time would be the three days in the first week of May including the May day holiday on the Monday. True it's closer to Winter but are we really beach kids anyway? :)

Anwyay, before I get anything like excited about the possibilty of this..cause I love holidays, I'd just like a general feel of what people think and if they'd be interested.

Basic place I've been looking at fits about 10, with two couple type rooms and bedding for about 6 others, although we've all slept on floor space anyway. It's close to Coolum Beach, one of my favourtie places in the world, has a pool and general space for hanging out in.

Maybe we could finally do some marathons we've been putting off! ;)
    ( cause we did the Star Wars one already..thanks Morgs )

If 10 of us went for the 3 nights, it'd be about 30 bucks a night per person. I'm presuming it won't end up like that, and if some of us are staying in suites with our on bathrooms etc, I'm gladly paying more, so costs would be maybe a bit less or more depending on how many nights each of us would be there for. Me I'm there for 3 regardless of what I have to sacrifice to do it.

EDIT: my maths is way off and very crappy. It's about 600 for 3 nights..so that's about 60 for the whole time if there were 10 of us!

So..these are my thoughts. Anyone else feel inclined to hang out at a beach house for a few nights in May??

2. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Don't see why not, and presumably I'll have a car by then as well so transport shouldn't kill me either. Is something to think about. *goes to readjust budget again*

Wait, wait, wait - didn't we do the star wars marathon already?

Anywho, definitely a fun idea.

3. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Maybe... I'm of either mind at this stage.

4. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, sounds fun. I could certainly be up for it. Would need to do some thinking vis a vis the date, but we'll worry about that if and when enough people register interest.

5. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Will honestly depend on work :p
    I've no idea what I'll be doing in May yet :p

6. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    So.. anyone else interested for those May dates? We'd need at least 6 of us to make it worthwhile.more would be better.

7. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    First weekend of May could be good. Now that I don't have to work weekends, I'm much more readily available for this sort of thing.

8. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    At this stage those dates are free.

9. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    I'd all but given up on this plan.

The schedules in my life are hard to enough to sort..me, my ex, Goobs, but I felt slightly enthused today. Still not even sure if this is a goer until I "consult"/ get told by my ex when he's got the munchk ( and reminded it's his 40th birthday party that weekend)..but anyway!

This is the place I was looking at
    Which is still available for the May long weekend (friday 2nd-leaving Monday 5th) amazingly.

I'd be looking at going up on Friday arvo, and coming back on Monday after we get kicked out mid morning. People can come and go as they please. I know Kate Miller--whatsherface'd is on Friday night.

Anyway, time for gauging serious interest befor I invest some money and see if it's still available.

It's $650 for 3 night. Goobs and I'd be happy to put in about $300 of that for the main bedroom. There's another queen bed room, and 3 others filled with single beds. I reckon about $70 a night for the queen room and 25 or so a night for the single beds for whoever else would want to crash. If you just want to come up for the day, thats cool too, but some money in'd be nice

It's not right on the beach but it's a nice walk to it. Mainly it's the house which is great, a place to realax for the weekend and hang out.

I'm totally up for a weekend away.

I will know by this Sunday night if I'm even able to get away for this long..I'm hoping so.

So who else would be in and for what nights?? Yes I'm seriously asking now :)
    No probs if people can't or don't want to. I'll be headed somewhere anyway I think for a night or two, but maybe not somewhere this fancy or big :)

10. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    IN a moment of spontaniety, and I don't get those often, I booked a place at Coolum. Won't link to it as any freak can follow us there I guess :)

It's just a 3 bedroom place. Priced so that Goobs and I won't go broke if it just ends up being us heading up there. It's got purty views and you can walk to the beach for a perve a bit closer than the other place.

So there's a queen bed room and a room with 2 singles left if others to do wish to come. And a couch and floor I guess if some tag along.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you the link.

As said, people are welcome to come and hang during the day too if wished.

I'll probably be heading up there Friday afternoon, if anyone wants a lift, although it's likely to be about 4.

Looked like peace to me. :)

11. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Sounds like fun, K :) Sorry I never got back to you, but I'd be interested in tagging along - can you PM the detail thingies and I'll check if I can go.

12. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Seems wherever I go.. I'm unfortunately still me. [face_plain]

Have fun anyways![face_peace]

13. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Not trying to escape ourselves by heading away CJ :)..just finding the more relaxed versions of ourselves.

Well if you're off those days and feel like a drive, head Sunshine Coast way

14. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    We're in. :D

Kithera

15. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Next weekend..ah so nice! Coolum here I come.

Just letting everyone know that there's still 2 rooms available for Friday night, at least one for Sunday, and probably one for Saturday night too if anyone's still deciding whether they feel like a break away.

Regardless, if you want a base to see the coast from on Saturday or Sunday, you're welcome to join us.

I'll be there Friday arvo about 530pm hopefully, and leaving Monday at 10 am.

CANNOT WAIT!

16. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    OKies, I'm drinking a little so excuse any typos, but it's probably better than my normal typing..anyway!!

Rooms are booked for Saturday night, Kit and co, and Morgs and co, but couch and floor are still availableandwhatever inflatable devices of the blow up variety we can accrue.Let me know if you want to come Friday or Sunday nights. First in gets beds :) others get floor :)

wooohoo. remind me not to drink wine in future.

17. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Hmm..when did I write that..

Coolum stuff update:

We need to bring our own bed linen, including pillowcases and quilts. Presuming they'll have blankets and stuff, but I'm bringing the whole shabang just in case.

Bring enough food for yourselves for the time you're coming. Thinking of a barbie dinner on Saturday night at least.

It's currently about $50 per room per night, although that may lessen depending on how many people end up coming. If you end up staying on a couch or a floor I reckon about 15 per person a night is fair. ( I do hate organising money so if we can sort this before we go and you give it to me when you there, all is good :) )

Alcohol will be brought so if you have a problem being around me drinking..DON'T COME!!! ;)

18. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    If anyone's still thinking about coming, let me know. Love to have you, and I'm sure we could work out some floor space somewhere :)

Can't really have any more than 8 a night, but that's not too likely.

Apparently nice weather all weekend too.... Sorry, can the week just be OVER ALREADY!

19. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Presuming you've already been informed of this, but I'll just put it down in writing: Loz and I are going to stay on Friday night and hang around for most of Saturday. Looking forward to it.

20. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Yey :) will pm the details.

21. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    It's Friday.. :D

Won't be online again before I head up the coast, so if you need me for anything sms my mobile or Goobs. Assuming I've sent info to everyone that needs it. If I don't get lost on the way... will see you there!!

Oh and a Mum thing to say. It's going to be pretty cool this weekend, so bring warm clothes and stuff [face_coffee]

[face_dancing]

22. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Yes ma'am...

[image=http://www.thatchickensite.com/letters/shreddersmom/abashed.gif]

(Sorry for the direct-link, but it seemed to gosh-darned appropriate - bless you crazy .gif wizards.)

23. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Weather update:

Sunshine Coast

Friday - Fine. Light winds with afternoon NE seabreezes.
    Max 25

Saturday - Early fog, clearing to a fine day. Light to moderate SW to SE winds.
    Min 15 Max 23

Sunday Fine. Max 23
    Monday Fine. Max 24

24. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Well I had a fabulous time and hope those that came up had a relaxing and fun day or so too.

Watching sunrise from bed, and breakfast on your deck with views like that should be something we all are allowed to have in our everyday.

I'm totally up for this kind of thing in future, more the merrier. At least this time next year!

Thanks to all who shared the experience for your bad jokes, cooking and cleaning, bringing of chocolates and tim-tams, but mostly for your company in what was one of the best weekends of my year thus far.

I-)

25. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Big thanks again for inviting us, Kahlan and Goob. Loz and I had a really good time. Next time we'll definitely be staying for the whole time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.