main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Growing - Apart, Then Together (Liz/Kyp) Chapter #10: 01-27-2011--FINI!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Ceil & MJ1011: :D That very topic forms the basis of this chapter.

:D

~~

Chapter Six:

Kyp looked out across the Borleias landing field to where Jaina was bantering with Colonel Fel.

He had brought her back from the precipice on Hapes and he had surprised even himself when he'd asked her to be his apprentice.

It seemed that their working relationship had been aided along by the sibling-type closeness they had always shared, and now with Jacen unaccounted for and Anakin lost :( Jaina needed a "big brother" more than ever.

He was pleased to see the mutual attraction she had with Jagged Fel.

Their easy banter often made his heart ache because it reminded him so keenly of that which had always flowed between he and Eliziya.

Eliziya -- her name in his mind and on his lips -- spoken in amusement, in encouragement, and in passion --

Kriff, how he missed her!

Not just the physical presence of her, but the warm, vibrant essence of her lively wit and deep compassion.

In the Force, she'd always resembled nothing so much as a rainbow -- irridescent and shimmering.

He had never since their meeting found another such as she.

When this sith-bedarkened war ever ended, could he find his way back to her?

Would she want him to? [face_worried]

He kept tabs on her through mutual friends -- Nikk and Anja . ;)

He always hesitated just short of requesting one or the other of them to tell her he was thinking of her.

Kyp hesitated because he didn't want to hear that Liz didn't give a Bantha's rump whether or if he thought of her.

+++++

TBC...

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely musings of Kyp. I really like him[:D]

And a nice sweet update=D=

3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I really liked this part.

Eliziya -- her name in his mind and on his lips -- spoken in amusement, in encouragement, and in passion --

Totally love this line. [face_love]

Plus, you mentioned Nikk and Anja. :D

4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Kyp really grew on me when he helped Jaina through thet rough spot. :*

And I just knew he wouldn't have stoped thinking about Liz, after all she is is heart, right?

[face_love]

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: Post TUF.

Chapter Seven:

"Well, Jaina," Kyp said offhandedly, "Are you going with Jag?"

"I can't." Jaina said decisively, but with a note of sadness. "I have my responsibilities --"

"As the karking "Sword of the Jedi?" Kyp scoffed. "Are you going to let some Force-bedeviled pseudoprophecy rule your life?"

Jaina scowled. "I don't owe the Jedi or the NR anything. But I do owe it to the ones we lost and those we were able to to make a difference. Jag feels the same way." She frowned. "Right now, that's pulling us in different directions."

Kyp sighed. "I learned through all the battles with the hardnecked Senate and the factions that almost split the Jedi at the most crucial times that I needed to be outspoken and fight for what I know or believe to be right, not to fight against the leadership just for the sake of dissenting. I didn't used to care whose respect I won or lost, particularly Master Skywalker's. But that attitude didn't help anyone, least of all me, and it could have seriously compromised some important missions. I think that even with all I've learned, it could be too late for me and Liz--and that's the biggest regret of my life! Don't sacrifice your happiness for anything Jaina. Find a way to have both, if at all possible." Kyp insisted.

Her dark eyes were soft as she gazed at him sympathetically. "Thanks, Kyp. You're a true friend. I definitely will try. But I really don't think it's too late for Liz and you."

Kyp wanted to believe her. A hundred times a day, he wanted to find a way, any way, to contact her ... to see if they could even salvage a friendship.

Just a little over a month after this conversation, when he was unwinding after a long day's worth of meetings with the newly reorganized Jedi Council on Denon before they moved to Ossus permanently, he suddenly felt a familiar Force presence, shining like a beacon.

Liz was near! His heart traced and yet he still didn't comm her. He still had her pendant which she'd given him tucked away in his duffle, the one he never packed away in cargo holds.

The Zeltron across from him in the tapcaf was ogling him and calling him "Kyppie poo" most aggravatingly, when Liz walked in, looking so gorgeous, but like she'd been through a lot.

Her eyes fastened on him in surprise and with a hesitance that tore at him.

But, Liz was never one to shrink from anything. :*

She sauntered up to the bar and ordered a Alderaan brandy.

She settled in the seat next to him and he wondered which of them would speak first.

++++

TBC with their convo :D :D

Happy wriggles!

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A cliffie WOW. :eek:[face_mischief] You let us wait for the conversation;)

And great to see his pov on Jaina=D=

7. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    He still had her pendant which she'd given him tucked away in his duffle, the one he never packed away in cargo holds.

You used the pendant! How awesome is this? :D

The Zeltron across from him in the tapcaf was ogling him and calling him "Kyppie poo" most aggravatingly, when Liz walked in, looking so gorgeous, but like she'd been through a lot.

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] At least it's not Liz calling him Kyppie-poo. The poor man!

Looking forward to their conversation.

*Jedi mind trick* Post conversation now... :p

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Don't sacrifice your happiness for anything Jaina. Find a way to have both, if at all possible.

Wisk Jag away to a desert island, Jaina :p

Just a little over a month after this conversation, when he was unwinding after a long day's worth of meetings with the newly reorganized Jedi Council on Denon before they moved to Ossus permanently, he suddenly felt a familiar Force presence, shining like a beacon.

Is this that meeting between them that Liz recounts in the first few posts of Ceillean's Beginnings? :D

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D :D
    ~~

Chapter Eight:

"Well hello, Eliziya." Kyp murmured, fixing her with those green eyes that could still turn her insides into a hopeless gooey mess. "What are you doing here?"

"Overseeing the placement of some of the displaced refugees, either with family members or with foster families. It's a kriffing complicated process, let me tell you -- the databases are in a complete shambles." She could feel he was in a complete muddle as well, personally. Guilt roiled with a tangle of other emotions.

"I'm happy to hear that you found a way to help out during the war." he observed.

"Well," Liz replied, coolly, "Just because I didn't choose to follow a formal Jedi path doesn't mean I stopped having compassion or the need to contribute to others' well-being."

He grimaced. "That wasn't meant as a criticism."

"Once you flew off with your Squadron and took up with Jaina, I didn't figure to hear from you."

"It wasn't like that with Jaina." He retorted. "And I didn't think you wnated to."

She sighed. "Well, I wasn't about to come begging either."

"And I don't feel like being one of your "charity" cases." He rejoined.

They looked at each other for a long moment. It was weighted with all sorts of emotions.

But she didn't want him to just walk away, either, she realized suddenly. Their paths had crossed for a reason. Well, she'd given into the impulse, honestly, once she'd felt his presence onworld. Liz might have let pride convince her to ignore it but there was something magnetic about Kyp that would draw her heart to him every time.

"I don't know where I stand with you." She said in her forthright manner. "But I never stopped thinking of you or ... caring about what happens to you."

He tried to scowl, but couldn't, not when he looked into those lovely sparkling eyes of hers.

"I wanted to comm you I don't know how many times Liz. But the longer it was since I'd talked to you, the more I told myself you wouldn't want anything to do with me and that our lives had drawn us in opposite directions."

"I'd like to see if they have." She admitted after a pause. "I could never forgive myself if we didn't at least try."

"Try --" Kyp smirked.

She grinned in the way that could always get his blood racing. "Nothing too complicated, maybe just dinner and drinks, at a place a little more upscale than here?"

He laughed outright then, which sent a well-remembered tingle up her spine. "Definitely somewhere other than here. It's a date."

+++++

TBC -- [face_love] :)

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A date[face_dancing][:D][face_love] and now together.

Excellent update with the bantering between Liz and Kyp

11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yay, they're going a a date! [face_dancing]

... And live hapilly ever after? [face_love]

12. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    They're going on a date! [face_love]

Oh...now my muse won't be quiet. Your fault, Jade! All your fault. :p

This brought a much needed smile to my face.

Thank you. :)

[:D]

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D :)

Now the fun begins. :)

~~

Chapter Nine:

Kyp meets Liz at the carnival celebrating the spring harvest -- not that that's the purpose for the holiday now, but the populace keep the holiday for an excuse to enjoy the warming weather after a long winter and have an excuse for overindulging in too many sweets.

He catches up with her and glances at the tow-headed twins she has with her.

"This is Anice and Dalton Karland from Naboo. Their parents are coming in by transport tomorrow but I wanted to give them a taste of something completely carefree." Liz's warm dark eyes were full of sympathy and compassion: they conveyed clearly that the poor younglings had had little enough of that.

What a wonderful mother Liz would make -- Kyp couldn't help but think. He grinned at the younglings and treated them to a sweet ice and gifted Anice with a balloon shaped like an Ewok.

He won for Dalton a miniature X-wing which had the boy in raptures.

Liz was touched by how easily Kyp interacted with the kids; he didn't condescend or talk down to them, nor did he treat them like "little adults."

"You're really splendid with younglings." She observed later over fizzpops.

"Don't sound so surprised, Liz." He twinkled at her, and her stomach did flips at how warm his green eyes were.

"I haven't seen anyone with eyes like yours in all my travels." She mused aloud and blushed.

He grinned. "Naturally."

She gave him a playful swat.

He gazed at this lovely woman and thought: I don't know if we can start over and be as close as we were, but it does seem like we can be friends. For that, he was glad.

He had thought their first time together over drinks in a better eatery would be awkward, but it wasn't. They talked about their mutual friends and reminisced about the fun times they'd had.

They had a mutual and silent agreement that any serious talks would come later; they just needed to find their easy footing with one another again.

It seemed like they had.

++++

TBC and :D

14. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I'm all smiles. :)

Lovely little post. And can you believe it -- reading this, my muse is yelling at me...I have this wonderful idea for Beginnings...

Anyway, needed the smile after three very hellish days.
    Thanks!

[:D]

15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    All smiles indeed!

:D [face_love] :D :* :D [face_love] :D

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    yes lovely thoughts and being together[face_dancing]

A very sweet update[:D]

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Chapter Ten:

Over the next two months, Liz helped out more and more with reunification of families, and found this to be extremely rewarding. There was talk of opening a center to help refugees and other survivors, and she was offered a key position.

She told Kyp about it one evening as they had a light picnic in a wooded glade with a stream burbling nearby.

She polished off the last crumb of a cake with pudding filling.

"I think when we were apart, I was so busy trying to prove that I didn't want or need any part of the whole Jedi thing -- residues of my past," She remarked thoughtfully. "But as time went on, I realized it was all a part of me and I didn't need to apologize for how much or how little of the official Jedi route I took on, and that my skills as a helper didn't stand or fall because of it."

"I figured out that I'd been putting too much pressure on you; not intentionally, but I think I took it personally." He grimaced. "And I was also struggling with my own conflicted feelings about how and to what extent I wanted to fit into the Order, but during the war, I was able to reconcile quite a bit and to still speak my mind and be heard. I think strange as it may sound that the war actually helped clarify what was important and what wasn't."

"To those who were interested enough." She smirked. "So -- I'll be staying on here and -- I was wondering where - if anywhere in particular - you feel this leaves the two of us?"

He leaned over and kissed her softly. The feel was instantly electric and a melding of their initial magic and the new lessons they'd learned. It deepened on both sides, leaving them breathless at the end.

"I want you in my life, Liz." he answered honestly. "I feel like part of me was missing all this time without you, and now I can be whole again."

She melted at that and smiled. "I didn't know you were the sappy type." She grinned.

"Always, for you." He winked.

She kissed him so fervently that it made his toes curl.

Now, a new and deeper trust would exist between them and because they were comfortable with themselves, they could relate to one another better.

Although they regretted the differences that had separated them, they felt their relationship would be the stronger and better appreciated for it.

++++++++

Fin

A/N: Boy that was fun!!!!

Huggles!!!

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was lovely, the whole story!

[face_love] :* [face_love]

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And fun to read. I have enjoyed the whole story sweet, full of action and delicious mush moments=D==D=

Thank you for sharing this story with us=D=[face_dancing][:D]

20. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Kyp hesitated because he didn't want to hear that Liz didn't give a Bantha's rump whether or if he thought of her.
    Ouch. :(

Force-bedeviled pseudoprophecy rule
    Best term for it. ;)
    Great convo between them. :)

=D=

21. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Romantic picnic...lovely image. [face_love]

And they're together again! As it should be. :p

=D=

Thread Status: