main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Growing in the Force: A response to the Dear Diary Challenge [OC: Kavin Horn] completed 12/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Entry 12:

I am sitting here in the infirmary. My father is lieing unconcious beside me. He's in a healing trance. I never saw him looking so frail!

I just got through talking to Degal. He's different now. The arrogance is gone. So is the anger.

I don't know what happened because Degal was too weak to say much. Whatever happened, it was a turning point for him.

I'm just glad my father is going to be alright. He will be alright!

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Just saw this one today :) and I like it.
    Can you PM me when you update?

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: Of course I shall! :D *does a happy dance in her chair while singing "i got a new reader!* [face_blush] I'm glad you like it. :)

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great update! =D=

5. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Entry 13:

My father is fully recovered now, thank the Force. He kept Degal from leaving the Order. Degal had blamed himself for my father's near-death. I'm not going to go into a full account, but suffice it to say, Dugal's anger and arrogance got him into some big trouble, and my father saved him.

I guess it would be arrogance to say I am very proud of my father, but I don't really care. I'm proud to be his son!

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks for the PM and a nice update.
    =D=

7. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful! =D=

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you, VaderLVR64 and earlybird-obi-wan :)

Entry 14:

Force, I can't stop my hands from shaking! I had a practice duel with Degal a little while ago. This was the first time since Degal and my father came back from that near-fatal mission that he had sparred. I'd made sure I had the power setting on low so that if I got in a hit it would only sting a little, just as we are supposed to do. Degal is four years older than I, and much more advanced in lightsaber techniques. I never expected...

I can still see the surprise on his face when I got past his guard and sliced at his waist. If my lightsaber hadn't been on the low setting, he'd be one with the force now.

He laughed about it, but, I can't get out of my head an image of him lying on the training room floor in two halves! I'm not sure I can use my lightsaber in a real duel. I don't want to be a killer!

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    That's a real Jedi. Jedi don't want to kill beings at all.

Nice update for the story.=D=

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    True, but they do sometimes they have no choice... and Kavin is doubting if he could use his lightsaber when he has no choice, even if he only cuts off someone's limb. Doubt can be as bad as overconfidence in a Jedi.

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful update! =D= I love your OC! :p

12. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you, VaderLVR64. Which one, Kavin or Degal? :p
    ~~~~~~~~

Entry 15:

I think Jefri wanted to embarrass me today, but he's going to have to do something better than making my pants fall to show off my colorful boxers. My mom got those for me, and I wear them with loving pride. Though I do wish she had refrained from getting purple ones with pink hearts all over them.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Aren't they nice. Mace should have loved them
    funny update

14. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved it! =D=

15. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you, VaderLVR64 and earlybird-obi-wan. LOL, yeah, I can see Mace wearing purple silk boxers with pink hearts. [face_laugh]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entry 16:

I had to do it.

We had to.

The tusk cats were attacking us, and there was no way to avoid them.

We were on Naboo and were part of a rescue mission to find a missing child who had wondered away from a camp. Master Jev and I found the boy. Tarm was his name. Thank the force he is alright. However, he had walked into the middle of a pack of wild tusk cats who were hunting a herd of motts. Tarm was about to be trampled by a mott that was being chased by two tusk cats, and Master Jev was able to get him out of the way.

Unfortunately, we came to the attention of the tusk cats.

I killed two of them.

Master Jev killed three.

The rest ran away.

I'm embarrassed to say that afterwards I threw up.

I want never to have to use my lightsaber again, though if there is need, I know now I will not hesitate to do so.

This may sound strange, but this knowledge both saddens and comforts me.

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm embarrassed to say that afterwards I threw up.

I want never to have to use my lightsaber again, though if there is need, I know now I will not hesitate to do so.

This may sound strange, but this knowledge both saddens and comforts me.

I think it is a very understandable reaction on both counts.

Lovely! =D=

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A true Jedi, disliking killing living creatures

Well written=D=

18. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you, earlybird-obi-wan and VaderLVR64.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Entry 17:

There is a curse that origninated on Alderaan in the times of the Old Repubic. "May you live in interesting times." The thought behind it being that the era's that make it into historian's notes are times of chaos and upheaval. Times of peace and security aren't paid very much attention.

Well, today has certainly been interesting.

This morning I volunteered to help out in the nursery. When it came time for a mid-morning nap, I read a story to the younglings. Just as most of them were relaxed and drifting off, there was suddenly a series of loud popping sounds, and the younglings came wide awake and started crying.

The small explosions were just coming to an end when I went out into the corridor to see Jefri at the end of the hallway, grinning from ear to ear, and jumping around in circles. He had set off a chain of firepoppers.

"Jef! What in the core do you think you're doing?" I yelled.

"I'm celebrating my liberty! I've been chosen, Kavin my boy!" He started dancing around like a fool.

"You idiot! You scarred the younglings with your foolishness!"

That's when Jef came up in my face. "I'm not going to let you spoil this for me. You won't steal my thunder today!" He poked me in the chest, and I slapped his hand away.

That's when he punched me... hard. I wound up on the floor. That's when Master Fior, who was in charge of the nursery came out and stopped the fight. She dismissed me and told us to go to our masters.

It turns out it was Master Phtam who chose Jefri as his padawan.

Furthermore, Masters Phtam and Jev are taking Jefri and I on a mission starting tomorrow morning. This is one mission I'm not looking forward to!

19. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    That's when he punched me... hard. I wound up on the floor. That's when Master Fior, who was in charge of the nursery came out and stopped the fight. She dismissed me and told us to go to our masters.

It turns out it was Master Phtam who chose Jefri as his padawan.

Furthermore, Masters Phtam and Jev are taking Jefri and I on a mission starting tomorrow morning. This is one mission I'm not looking forward to!

Wonderful! =D=

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Another great update and you are using fireworks too=D=

21. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you, VaderLVR64 & earlybird-obi-wan. Yeah, I had to. Couldn't resist since firecrackers and stuff were going off all around me I just had to get in the festive mood, even if Kavin did not approve. :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entry 18:

I had to do it. I just had to. Now both Masters Jev and Phtam are angry at me and Jefri hates me more than ever. I wish I could go back in time and redo that moment, but I can't.

Jefri had been making life miserable on the journey to Chroma Zed, where we were to investigate the mysterious reason for the water supply... or I should say where we are investigating the reason since we are still doing so.

Anyway, Jefri kept making snarky remarks to me whenever we were out of earshot of our masters. I'd been pretty much ignoring him... or making a show of ignoring him. He kept making disparaging remarks about my family's lineage and comparing me to my ancestor, Corran Horn. I can't stress how much I'm tired of hearing about Corran Horn. Everyone always mentions him when they hear my last name... as if there haven't been any jedi w/ that name since he'd been around... I mean, it's been 427 years since he became one with the force, after all!

Well, anyway, at one point I saw him leaning over a precarious place along the bank of the river to look into the water. It wouldn't take much for him to fall in, I thought, and decided to help out matters. I used the Force to collapse the ground under his feet so he fell into the river. I wasn't aware he didn't know how to swim, or I wouldn't have done it. He panicked, and started thrashing around, and I immediately jumped in to save him.

Afterwards, Master Jev scolded me pretty severely... I'd never seen her angry before, and I never want to see her like that again! She knew Jefri's falling in wasn't an accident, and it was a bad stunt because the water was contaminated... thankfully neither of us got hurt or sick as a result. Jefri was really shaken by the experience. I don't know what makes me feel worse, disappointing Master Jev or scaring Jefri like that.

22. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I don't know what makes me feel worse, disappointing Master Jev or scaring Jefri like that.

Oh I know that feeling! Ugh. The worst in the world. :(

Another wonderful update! =D=

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yeah, bad feelings coming from that

and another great update=D=

24. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    VaderLVR64: Yeah, it's a lousy feeling when you disappoint someone you respect, and it's also a bad feeling when you do pull a prank on someone and they get their feelings hurt as a result. Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

earlybird-obi-wan: I've been on both sides of pranks. Sometimes they can get out of hand. Thanks for reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entry 19:

If there were one moment in time I could relive to do differently it would be the moment I made Jefri fall into the river. Our relationship before that was already bad. I made it so much worse. I apologized to Jefri for what I did and offered to teach him to swim.

He sneared at me and said, "I don't need your help, Kavin Horn." He always emphasizes 'Horn' like it's a four-letter word. Well, it is, but... well never mind that.

We finally found out what was causing the contamination. It was a combination of a couple different factors. A underwater volcano that had been dormant for a millenia was active once more and was spewing minerals that had been settled around the currents of the water. These minerals interacted badly with chemicals that were being added to the water by a factory. The chemicals themselves were harmless, but in combination with the minerals, it poisoned the water. The factory has been shut down until they find a different way to unload the unwanted chemical waste, and scientists are now trying to figure out a way to neutralize the poison.

The trip back to Corruscant has been the longest voyage ever. Jefri kept taunting me at every turn whenever the Masters weren't looking or were out of earshot. I ignored him until he poked me in the back with his training saber. I know training sabers can't seriously injure a person, but Force that jab hurt! I turned to him and yelled, "Stop it!"

I had to duck as I said it because he swung at my head. I backed up and drew my lightsaber and tried to put it down to the lowest setting, but he didn't give me a chance. He kept swining and jabbing at me, and I was forced to focus on parrying and dodging. At one point I accidentally sliced through a glowpanel and it made the lights in the corridor all go out. Of course, that's when Masters Jev and Phtam decided to show up and I got in trouble for using a full-powered saber against Jefri in a practice duel.

Jefri had said that he asked me for a practice duel so I could show him some form three moves. I tried to explain what really happened, and Master Jev still scolded me for using the lightsaber at full power.

"If you couldn't turn it down, you should have found another way to resolve the matter." She said before sending me to my quarters.

She's right, of course. But it's just not fair that I get all the blame here! Jefri started it.

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice update and poor Kavin, getting taunted by that Jefri.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.