main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Grown and Still Growing (OC; DDiary2008 challenge)Update 10/31

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    YAY! A date! Such annoying stigma behind wedding dates. Of course, I got married on Sept. 11, so maybe I made my own stigma. Still, the date is a minor thing compared to customs--I mean, thankfully my wife didn't want a skyclad service... :D

ANYWAY, another good post!

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    So am I :D

Well, as a Jedi, he is well versed in the art of negotiating... hopefully he won't have to use aggressive negotiations... that never bodes well for marriages. :p

New traditions can be just as good as the old ones... and sometimes people find out the 'new' traditions were there before the old ones, but were forgotten (though this may not apply to Kavin and Miri's marriage :p ).

[face_laugh] yeah... weddings should be banned :p

Gee, a skyclad service sounds fun. [face_mischief]

[b]Entry 22:[/b]

I don't believe this! Now our families... namely my grandparents and her parents... are arguing on which tradtions of each planet we will have and which ones to dump or change slightly. I swear, if this keeps up, Miri and I are going to elope!

3. Jedi_Perigrine

Apr 22, 2008
    Eloping ALWAYS seems like a good idea about half way through (or less!) wedding prep.

4. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Eloping sounds so much better than having to deal with parents' stressing.
    Wouldn't they throw a fit if they really did elope? [face_laugh]

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    It just might save their sanity to do so! :p

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    the stresses of marriage are that bad?[face_thinking]

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I swear, if this keeps up, Miri and I are going to elope!

I'm sure the parents and grandparents would just love that!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

It'll be interesting to see which side wins which argument.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I'm glad all of you are enjoying this. I decided to reply to all of you jointly because your responses were all so similar I didn't want to keep repeating myself. :p Yeah, wedding preparation can be a um... insert TOS violating word here :p . Note to earlybird, it's not so much marriage itself, but the preparation for the wedding that's stressful. Once the wedding is behind them, the honeymoon is generally stress free... usually. [face_mischief]

[b]Entry 23:[/b]

I'm on a mission right now, but I feel like I'm taking a vacation. Why must planning a wedding be so complicated? Miri and I are marrying each other, but our relatives are acting like they're the ones marrying. I notice each side points to the others' when referring to which traditions are not important.

Funny how that happens, eh?

I feel embarrassed about my family. They're jedi for the most part, but aren't acting much like it. For my part, I guess I'm not acting very jedi-like either. I should be good at mediating.

I also feel guilty that I'm able to get away from the whole mess for awhile. Poor Miri has to stay behind and arbitrate the arguments from both sides. I don't envy her.

I asked Master MqCray for advice about what to do, and he only said one word...

"Elope."

When I told him that would make everyone upset, he shrugged, "They'll get over it once you have kids."

I don't think he realizes the seriousness of the situation.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely, Jedi and discussing a marriage and Kavin now on a mission away from it all.[face_thinking]

Nice update

10. Jedi_Perigrine

Apr 22, 2008
    I think he DOES understand. That's why he's advising elope-...ment? ;) But then again my solution of killing all my relatives who don't agree isn't very Jedi like either....

Good stuff! :D

11. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I don't think he realizes the seriousness of the situation.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I'm with Kavin, though. I don't think the parents and grandparents would be so forgiving.

Grandkids or no grandkids!

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] Loved it!

I'm on a mission right now, but I feel like I'm taking a vacation. Why must planning a wedding be so complicated? Miri and I are marrying each other, but our relatives are acting like they're the ones marrying. I notice each side points to the others' when referring to which traditions are not important.

=D=

13. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you for your responses, everyone. I both enjoy and appreciate your feedback.

[b]Entry 24:[/b]

Well, it has been six weeks, and I completed my mission. It's been 2 months since we set the date, which means there are four more months to iron out and take care of details, and we're no closer to placating both sides than when I started the mission.

I have an idea. Let Master MqCray be the one to officiate our wedding, and he can suggest ways to blend our cultures' wedding traditions. My grandparents respect him, and in spite of his easy going nature and humor, he can be quite imposing... something that I think Miri's parents will respect. Also, if the idea of Miri and I eloping comes from [i]him[/i], I think all sides will listen and realize how silly they are all being... they're turning our wedding into a political spectacle... and I highly resent it.

So does Miri.

I'm so thankful all their petty bickering hasn't torn us apart!

14. Jedi_Perigrine

Apr 22, 2008
    That's the sign of a strong relationship, if you aren't torn apart by bickering friends and relatives! Fun stuff and great post!

15. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    They've survived their first test. [face_laugh]

16. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I think all sides will listen and realize how silly they are all being

That would be ideal, wouldn't it?

I'm glad Kavin and Miri haven't let the bickering get in the way of their relationship

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

17. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I think planning a wedding really does test a relationship.
    I'm glad the two of them aren't letting annoying family get in the way.

=D=

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes their relationship is what counts and seeing this it should be great letting those relatives do their bickering and not be bothered by it.

Lovely humor again.

19. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Well, one sign anyway. :p I'm sure Kavin will appreciate the fact you're having fun reading his diary. ;)

Yeah, now they have to muddle through the next one... butterflies and such... but that comes a bit later. I haven't gotten to that part yet. :p

Yeah, it always seems like it's the families who wish the soon to be married couple would stay out of their way of planning the wedding. :p

Thank you. :)

[b]Entry 25:[/b]

I told Miri my idea, and she thought it was a great idea.

She accompanied me as I went to ask my Master the favor.

Master MqCray looked shocked at the suggestion. "Are you sure? You [i]do[/i] know I'm Corellian, right?"

"Yes, but you're also a Jedi Master, which means you'll be impartial. My grandparents respect you, and once Miri's parents see you put the Horn clan in line, they'll respect you, too."

He started laughing. "Are you sure you don't want to elope?"

"Master MqCray, please," Miri took his hand and looked up at him. "It'll mean so much to us if you could do this."

Miri has this power with her eyes. When she looks up at someone with those big brown eyes, guys can't deny her request.

That's how I see it.

Master MqCray didn't stand a chance... though he'll never admit that, I'm sure. It wouldn't do for a Master to get out mind tricked, after all.

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice a Corellian marrying them.

Great update=D=with that planning by those two

21. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Glad to see Master MqCray is going to step in to try and get everyone to see reason.

That being said, may the Force be with him.

He's going to need it!!

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

22. Jedi_Perigrine

Apr 22, 2008
    I almost feel sorry for him. :D I'm sure he'll do a good job, if he survives.

I appreciate women who have ultimate power over a man with just her eyes. It's totally not fair, really. What powers do guys have, really? We're just suckers for girls and all their...attractive parts.

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Master MqCray didn't stand a chance... though he'll never admit that, I'm sure. It wouldn't do for a Master to get out mind tricked, after all.

=D= Loved it. :)

24. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thanks. Bryont appreciates your support. ;)

Ah, but Master MqCray has a secret weapon. [face_mischief]

Like I said, Bry has a secret weapon ;)

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'm having fun listening to Kavin tell me the story. [face_laugh]

[b]Entry 26:[/b]

Well, like I predicted, Master MqCray used his friendship with my grandparents to subtly put them in place. He also charmed Miri's mother and placated her father. Not that there isn't still some bickering going on, but it's more of the type to see how much the Jedi Master will let them get away with than actually fighting.

It's rather amusing, really, how much like children they're being!

I have to go on another mission now. Hopefully this will be a short assignment, as the wedding is in three months!

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Everyone can be a child during many moments in their lives. And it can get you out of tense situations.

On a mission? I hope he will be back before the marriage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.