main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Grudge Match 29 Jun/ Death Star vs The Enterprise

Discussion in 'Archive: Jacksonville, NC' started by jkg_vader, Jun 29, 2005.

?

Grudge Match 29 Jun/ Death Star vs The Enterprise

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Tarkin's Death Star

72.7%
  2. Kirk's Enterprise

27.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Vader is on the same ship as Ozzel. BTW, when have the Laws of Physics ever mattered in Star Wars or STar Trek?

2. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    I thought Trek was supposed to pride itself on not casually violating the laws of physics.

I don't buy the "looking at him on the view screen constitutes line of sight" theory. I would be more apt to beleive that as long as he can detect your presence in the force then it would work.

3. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    Yeah, and Kirk has a pretty big ego...I'm sure even a squib could sense it!

4. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Considering the sheer size of the Death Star compared to the Enterprise, the Death Star probably wouldn't be scooted off very far. Yes it might shift a little, but you have to take into consideration the whole size thing. And if the Death Star did start moving, they would probably notice and have thrusters that could right itself or compensate. And yes the Enterprise has thrusters too I'm sure, but remember how big that freakin' laser is that is being shot at it.

Aren't the Enterprise shields invincible to lasers in their sector? They've never seen nor heard of the Death Star and therefore don't know how powerful it is. They would of had to make their shields able to withstand a laser with as much force as the one on the Death Star, which is unlikely that they did. How often would a ship the size of the Enterprise have to worry about a laser powerful enough to destroy a planet anyway?

5. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    I agree that "invincible against lasers" is a hokey argument, but it's Trek canon so it can't just be dismissed. As for the size issue, space is a vacuum. Gravity would be virtually non-existent, so size would make little difference. Maybe if they both braced themselves with use of thrusters and engines the Deathstar would win the shoving contest, but there is no guarantee. In the meantime, Kirk would have been able to find and seduce a female Imp into helping him blow the whole thing back to Alderaan. In the end Kirk's machismo takes it. :D

6. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    Hmmm, but isn't the death star the size of a small moon? So wouldn't it generate some of it's own gravity? Just asking.

Kirk still takes it.

7. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    Yes, it would generate some gravity of it's own, but unless it was in another gravity well, that wouldn't keep it stable. Even if it was orbiting a planet, it still shouldn't make much difference. Orbital gravity isn't that strong. In fact, in the early days of the space program they used compressed hyrdogen as directional thrusters. :)

8. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    Ohhhh, the things you learn in a nerdy Star Wars group.

9. Master_SweetPea

Master_SweetPea Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    yes valid arguements on both sides...until the Galactica shows up and gives everybody the smack-down they deserve!

Go Starbuck!

10. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    Yeah, but then the B:5 guys show up...and oh wait I can't do it. I've never even seen a Babylon 5 episode.

11. Master_SweetPea

Master_SweetPea Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    James Kirk and the Enterprise would lose, sorry.

Put an armada of Star Fleet Ships, to include the "Defiant" then have the Voyager crew mass produce those Delta Flyers , and yeah Star Trek beats the Death Star...just like the Rebels did in the movies...
    oh wait...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.