main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ***Guardians of Light - Already Know you that which you need......***

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Adalia-Durron , Sep 3, 2022.

1. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    As it sadly seems my Paddy has ventured off again, I decieded to now offer the task up to the entire order. For points, for just the discussion of the issue itself.

Sarge likes this.
  2. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Wow, it looks like there have been some renovations to the temple in my absence!

also MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU ALL! [face_party]

Last edited: May 4, 2023
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome hom @BookExogorth - is this a flyby to stock up for your journeys or are you staying?

@Darth Starwalker ? Fact is I think our initiate has wandered too :(

BookExogorth likes this.
  4. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    @Adalia-Durron I might stay for a while! Can’t guarantee I won’t need to go back on mission, but I’ll always go home at the end of my travels. Hard to believe it’s been six years since I first darkened your doorstep here XD

Last edited: May 4, 2023
  5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Darkened? Naw, never that.

Glad to have you back, its been quiet without you around!

BookExogorth and darthbernael like this.
  6. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Aw, it’s good to be back [:D]

Dark Ferus and Adalia-Durron like this.
  7. Force of Light

Force of Light Jedi Master star 1

Jan 5, 2016
    Sorry for the disappearance, Master, but Darth Real Life got in the way again (having my teeth pulled later today, so had to go to an advance screening of Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3 yesterday). I'll try to get on it by the end of the weekend (but no promises, since it depends on how I feel). And welcome back, @BookExogorth!:)

Last edited: May 5, 2023
  8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    How many teeth? :eek: That sounds awful! I had a wisdom pulled last year.....still have three in my late 50's.....bit of wisdom here still.

Dark Ferus and Sarge like this.
  9. Force of Light

Force of Light Jedi Master star 1

Jan 5, 2016
    All of them, unfortunately (got lazy after high school and didn't brush them enough). And I thought Mom was exaggerating when she said if I didn't take care of them, I would lose them. Most of them are broken from years of abuse (only have about six left that aren't). Luckily, I won't be awake for the procedure (already been to the denturist to get impressions of the ones I have left). Then have to wait about three weeks until my gums heal. So I'll probably have to cut up all my food so that I can easily swallow it. The denturist said to bring a grad picture so that she can match the teeth.

My late grandmother (she died last October. She almost made it to her 97th birthday, since she was born in the middle of November) had false teeth. Since she had a filling in her real teeth, she had it put in her dentures as well, so that people wouldn't know she had fake ones (this was back in the '40s, so things have improved since then).

BookExogorth likes this.
  10. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    No problem DRL is bothering all of us. (I am currently fighting to get 3 days off in a row because I just need a moment to breathe)
    Well in that case feel free to continue with your task. Anyone else wanting to answer I would ask to wait after you did.

Adalia-Durron and Sarge like this.
  11. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    So far I have a little bit of filling, hopefully no more needed.

How are my fellow Jedi doing?

12. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    I am feeling a bit under the weather, with a stuffy nose, unfortunately. How about you?

Dark Ferus likes this.
  13. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    I’m sorry to hear!

im doing okay, need to get a new bike because it was stolen. About to graduate in 5 weeks!

14. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    That stinks about the bike, but congrats in advance for your graduation!!

Dark Ferus and Adalia-Durron like this.
  15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Need a monster lock on it....and well done for graduating!

Hope you feel better Book!

Dark Ferus and BookExogorth like this.
  16. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    How are my fellow GOL doing? Any missions upcoming?

17. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Greetings and salutations @BookExogorth, good to see you back!
    @Dark Ferus, hello and welcome back to these hallowed halls.

BookExogorth and Dark Ferus like this.
  18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    @Dark Ferus - there is this one.. ;)

Dark Ferus likes this.
  19. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    I can start by saying that I am of the school of thought that the Jedi should not be bound by the borders of the Republic, along with its laws and practices. It should be a non-partisan, apolitical body that serves peace and justice anywhere in the galaxy. Much like the philosophy of Brown regarding free states and slave states, the Jedi should not recognize the property of any slave owner in either the Core Worlds, Mid Rim, or Outer Rim.
    With any conflict, the Jedi's first method of choice should be peaceful persuasion. If they could get the slave masters to free their slaves without violence or force, then this should be the option they take. This is a deviation from Brown's methods, but this does not mean the Jedi will stop at asking nicely. There is no reason why we should not lay down the law and tell the slave masters on any planet that they are expected to relinquish their slaves, and if any refuse, their slaves will be given the protection of the Jedi and snuck away.
    It is likely that slave owners will use weapon-based force to try and stop the Jedi from freeing their slaves and removing them from their bonds. In that event, then the Jedi should use their lightsabers and their powers to defend themselves and the slaves they are delivering away from captivity. It is not on us to abide by any pro-slavery laws of any star system, even though many in the Outer Rim are controlled by crime syndicates. We should make it a priority to transport escaped slaves to systems where they will be safer, and while this will likely see the outbreak of violent conflict, we will not escalate it to that point ourselves.

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    @Mira Grau - you have a taker....and well done indeed.

Dark Ferus likes this.
  21. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Dark Ferus likes this.
  22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    We're everywhere!

[​IMG]

23. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Actually had my 7 year aniversary on the board today... Looking back at where I was back then... who I was. So much has changed.
    Bonus Challenge for all Jedi: Where were you 7 years ago and where are you now, and how has being a Jedi contributed to your life?

BookExogorth, Dark Ferus and Sarge like this.
  24. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Congratulations!

7 years ago, I was in a somewhat difficult period, I was having serious trouble managing the balance between my academic and social lives and hanging out with the popular sports kids where some people didn't have my best interests at heart. And at that time, I generally focused more on looking cool than being a good friend or student. And I was struggling with feeling excluded by the sports team I was on and not fitting into the family "Ohana" culture, while also having had serious falling outs with an old friend group of mine.
    Being a Jedi has helped me focus on what is really important and let go of old grievances and not keep them prominent in my thoughts. I should not seek revenge or continue to resent others from the past, but to keep the philosophy of peace and living my best life irrespective of anyone else or what they did or are doing now. I have also learned to focus on the present more- not about the past or what could possibly happen later. No point in stressing over hypotheticals or things that can't be changed.

Last edited: May 11, 2023
  25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    That, honestly, it really wonderful to read @Dark Ferus. I want to give you 2 points for your honesty and self reflection. I am so glad we've all helped you in some small way.

Edit: Might want to update your signature, you're on 108 points now. ;)

Last edited: May 11, 2023
    Dark Ferus likes this.