main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Maybe it's the Galaxy Far Far Away from the Force Ghost's point of view. :p

2. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    I like it. Now I want to have it as a gigantic poster to be hanged on my bedroom wall. :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    A compassionate message to those Masters whose padawans may have gone astray...

Don't be discouraged. It has happened to all of us. My first two apprentices both went MIA almost without completing any training, and I know that Addie and Mitthy could share similar stories. Take it all as the will of the Force. When the time is right and if you are still interested, you can be matched to a new padawan and start the journey over again. ;)

Loth-cat, Iteote, Mitth_Fisto and 4 others like this.
  4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Master Chetan is correct, sometimes Darth Real Life (DRL) takes control and they are drawn the RL side of the Force.........other times they disappear without a word and the Master is accused of murder................

Oh wait, that was just me ;) :p

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  5. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    My first Padawan went missing before she completed her first task.
    Alas, DRL can be a tricky little bugger. Not to be underestimated by any means.
    Best wishes to the other padawanless masters out there.

Oh and three points for your last task @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    Well done. ;)

@Bardan_Jusik

And it should be noted I think you missed this one a while back Bardan.[face_whistling]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  6. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Which must of happened from time to time during your Dark Lady of the Sith years. :p

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I did say, that was just me......... ;)

8. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Thanks, I haven't been getting alerts for all my tags recently for some reason (you'll know because I like all posts awarding points as soon as I apply them), so if I miss one please quote it for me along with a new tag and hopefully I see it then. If that doesn't work then a PM with the quote would be the next step.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  9. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    That's what first made me think you missed it.
    But you were sick when I realized it so I delayed pointing it out.
    Until now where it just fit in naturally.:)

10. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  11. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    OOC: My character has to think through the situation, fast. However, Tython is limited on how he can usefully involve himself due to his positioning. He must eliminate bad decisions quickly to arrive at his only tenable options:

<<< The Galactic Alliance will be thrown into war by this fight, a Sith fleet has just been picked up heading to Coruscant, likely to destroy the main Jedi temple and senate. six Pelleon class ISDs and Three Imperious class iSDs have been engaged with the Scythe. The forces deployed to the surface are entirely Sith. >>>

A) His fleet appears to be pinned down by the Sith, thus making a defense flight to Coruscant or the Jedi Temple currently impossible. Both have evacuations plans.

B) The invading Sith that are detectable include Pelleon-Class Star Destroyers (6) and Imperious-Class Star Destroyers (3) for nine total star destroyers. This is a heavy Sith armada in which hatch bays can likely send out fleets of Tie-fighters.

C) The fleet led by Tython includes MC-140 Scythe-Class Battle Cruisers (4), Sashore Frigates (7), and Sabertooth Republic Assault/Rescue Vehicles (12). This fleet is configured as 4 battle cruisers, 12 heavy assault ships, and 7 light attack ships.

[​IMG]
    MC-140 Scythe-Class Battle Cruiser​

IC: Tython

*This battle scenario appears to be an invasion. Coruscant and the Jedi Temple each have their evacuation protocol. Coruscant ground forces led by Jedi also have their protocol. Jedi reconnaissance have likely tracked Sith Star Destroyer capabilities by scouting.

Tython appears to be leading a patrol unit in this scenario that is stationed in the vicinity of Coruscant. As Tython thinks quickly through his limited options, he weighs the last ground communication:

<<< The enemy has cut off our com channels, our last orders were to abandon us and go to Coruscant. >>>

*Despite com links being down, Tython’s unit instinctively moves into attack formation:

Tython’s unit serves the Republic by defending Coruscant and his drilled for such invasion scenarios. Although the com links have been cut by the Sith fleet, the ships in Tython’s unit have protocol to fall into attack formation. Tython’s unit can only hope to out-flank the 9 Sith Star Destroyers. The ships in Tython’s unit have a speed and agility advantage over the cumbersome Sith Star Destroyers.

The Sith Star Destroyers now stand between Tython’s unit and Coruscant, thus he can only attempt to slow the progression of the assault by attacking the enemy ships to minimize casualties and damage. If Tython’s unit were to attempt returning to Coruscant, they could easily get caught in crossfire. Tython’s objectives are clear: His unit must defend all of Coruscant, including the Jedi Temple, by minimizing attacks against civilians.

Tython and his unit do not question if they will lose their lives on this deadly day. Their training has prepared them to execute specific protocol. They have trained for such a scenario under a condition in which com links are down. They must now carry out their duty as Jedi to defend the Republic. Abandoning defense of Coruscant at this critical moment could be considered desertion.

The out-flanking strategy soon becomes clear: The defenses of Coruscant and the Jedi Temple will attack the front of the Sith ships. Surviving patrol units can attack the rear and sides of the Sith armada.

*With stoic faces, Tython's fleet moves against the Sith Armada.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Iteote, Ananta Chetan, Sarge and 5 others like this.
  12. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Very very good job my apprentice. I wanted this task to be an SW version of the Kobayashi maru, a true no win scenario. You handled pressure amazingly and where able to make a snap decision. Making that kind of hard call even when people you care about are in danger, is one of the hardest parts of being a Jedi, and you carried it out admirably.

5 pts @Bardan_Jusik (pts)

13. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
  14. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Padawan Task
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Temple of Light

The Ongree stepped off the turbolift, and came to face his apprentice with a grim pause. "Earlier this morning our scanners picked up a distress call from a ship entering the planets atmosphere. It was damaged and crashed somewhere in the northern forests. By all appearances it is a civilian vessel, likely set upon by pirates. I would like you to go out in search for survivors. Feel free to take any supplies you need from our stores, and I recommend bringing a weapon as well. The wilderness can be... unpredictable. When you make contact, attend to any injured, and signal us so we can pick you up."

OOC: Please complete this in Role Play Format. Creativity will earn you extra points! Any other masters want to send their apprentices along feel free.;)
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  15. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    A Brief Word:

I don't think I can lead the enclave anymore in any meaningful way. I will always help initiates, and I do hope to find another padawan someday, but I don't think that I have enough time to devote to being caretaker.

I really wanted to take that responsibility, but right now, I'm not the right person for it.

@Ananta Chetan @Adalia-Durron @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321

16. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    My Jedi Sister, your earnest and honest reply is much appreciated. The Force asks us all in various moments of our daily existence to self-reflect in order to prioritize and fulfill our duties. We will keep you in mind for a future apprentice as well.

@BookExogorth

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC Vanora Ciavi

Vanora packs a heavy-duty carryall sack with ration bars, glow rods, and a thermos of hot chocolate & a packet of self-heating mini-meals. This is not only for her use but for any injured she might encounter. Any foodstuffs they had would either be lost or damaged and therefore unusable.

She checks her directional compass program on her datapadd and puts her holdout blaster in one of the side pockets with 2 battery packs.

Then she stuffs a waterproof wrapper with hood and extra socks in another pocket.

She stops by the quartermaster's office to check out a Skyhopper for quick transit to the north forest & makes sure her comlink is on her belt.

TAG any & all

[face_batting]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Quartermaster: "Will you be wanting some medipacks to go with those supplies, Padawan?"

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Vanora replies gratefully: "Yes, thank you. As many as you think I'll need."

21. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Bonus Points

Excellent vid that wisely connects the two worlds authentically. Watch and list 5-10 things that caught your attention...or more! :p

Tag ALL

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Ananta Chetan -- I adore this video; it resonates so immensely! =D= =D=

* Negative emotions leading to crazy actions is totally true. Anger, hatred, jealousy are corrosive to the ones holding these feelings. They lead to horrific actions against others and are damaging to the one who holds it. He/she certainly has no inner peace. Being compassionate and kind, or adhering to the Light side, leads to actions which benefit others and enrich the giver. @};-
    * Humility is essential for learning. This is very true. As soon as you think you know it all, you have closed yourself off from anything entering into your mind and heart.
    * To connect to a Supreme Being or Creator who guides our steps -- this springs from a stance of faith and leads to action.
    * Do or do not; there is no try. [face_laugh] I love this axiom! [face_love] This to me means that if you are determined and persistent, you can achieve a desired outcome, even if it comes in small stages.
    * Focus on the now; this requires a balance. You do need to learn from the past and plan for the future; but as soon as you become stuck in either one of these (regret and guilt over the former and anxiety over the latter) you stop being able to respond with clarity to whatever the current situation demands.

23. Loth-cat

Loth-cat Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 29, 2017
    Great video!! I was struck by a few things:
    1. The similarities between MTFBWY and "The LORD (/God) be with you" - I actually only found out recently that you aren't necessarily supposed to say "And also with you" after someone says "May the Force be with you" because I'm so used to saying "And also with you" XD

2. One of my favorite things about the Jedi philosophy are that it acknowledges that strength is humble. As the video said, Luke initially expects "a great warrior" to be conspicuous and to show off his strength, and totally misses the unassuming power in Yoda. I've found this to be true in RL as well. If someone seems really prideful and strong, they are often compensating for self-doubt and insecurity. Someone who enjoys their talents and strengths and is truly comfortable in who they are doesn't usually need to parade around.

3. The concept that the quick and easy path to wisdom, strength, or power is deceptive and leads to darkness is shared in my personal religious beliefs, so this point resonates strongly with me. If you cling too tightly to any one thing you usually end up losing more than you would have if you had been willing to give it up. I think it can feel like acquiring things (prestige, dream job, possessions, etc.) leads to more freedom, but it is usually in letting go of those important things that we get to be truly free. I don't think I articulated that very well but hopefully it makes sense. ;)

4. I like the simple line that "the truth is a friend."

5. And finally, the idea at the beginning of the video that the Force reminds you that if you're avoiding something, you should probably just do it... very relatable. ;)

This is unrelated, and I meant to post it way earlier, but then I was away for so long!! My husband and I got custom lightsabers for Christmas! We got them from UltraSabers. I went for a purple one and he got a plain one with color discs so you can change the color. There are some pictures here. :bluesaber::greensaber::redsaber:

24. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    You know the more I think about it, the wisdom of that line goes deeper than I had realized. Yoda does not seem to be criticizing 'do not". I think that is an acknowledgment that we all have limits and that's ok. Like instead of intending to try you will either do it or not do it, and from there grow. That honestly plays really well into my favorite Jedi (and current avatar) scout. Yoda takes a liking to her mostly cause she able to see her weakness, and rather than continuing to try at something she will likely never be able to do, she instead accepts that and finds a new and unique way to be an effective Jedi. Sometimes something blocking our path is an obstacle to be overcome, and sometimes it's there cause we need to go down a different path.

25. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    :bluesaber:"Star Wars strips away cultural context to get at something universal about spirituality. Instead of using words like good and evil, we can talk about the light and darksides of the force."

Star Wars distills some of the bases of world religions, takes them out of the dogma of our cultural context and ships them out into another galaxy... one with slightly different rules of physics. In this fictional galaxy, the will of a conscious being is more tangible than in our own galaxy. The force is also tangible. The will of the characters is connected to the force. The characters have freewill to choose lightside or darkside in connecting their will to the force.

In Star Wars, it is as if the force is something tangible you can grab at with your hands and eat.

:bluesaber:"What does it mean to have faith and what is it we are really believing in?"

Characters in Star Wars express a form of faith through their connection with the force. It is not that the force replaces God in Star Wars...the powers that we have bundled up in our belief systems of God have been lowered so that force-sensitive individuals can connect with the force and use them for the lightside or darkside.

God is a very BIG WORD. The BIGNESS of the word GOD perhaps expresses the distance away from God of our planet. It is not that we cannot feel close to God through religion and faith. It is that we human beings may have been physically living closer to God at some time in the distant past before the advent of writing and recorded history. The King James version of the bible speaks in Genesis of "heaven on the firmament."

The lowering of kingship from heaven to earth can be pulled from various texts including the Bible and archeological finds. From this concept, we can infer that there was a time when mankind lived side by side with God. When God was forced to depart, kingship was lowered from the heavens and writing systems with record keeping were entrusted to us.

This is why archeological finds do not find writing systems predating the era of circa 4,000 B.C. This is also why fossilized hominid skeletons suggest our ancestors did not share our capacity for language. Writing got added on to an existing capacity for language.

We have inherited our religious systems to hone our relationship with God.

:bluesaber:"Direction comes to us through an inner compass at a time we feel most lost."

We live in a universe teeming with abundance. It is only the doctrine of materialism that fools us that there is nothing beyond the perception of our sensory organs.

:bluesaber:"The inner voice often points us towards what we don't want to do or what we fear the most."

Luke: "I can't do it, Ben"

Ben: "You can't escape your destiny."

Yoda: "You must confront Vader. Then, only then, a Jedi will you be."

Luke has been forced into a historical situation and must overcome what he fears the most. His growth comes from directly facing his fears. Facing his fears ultimately guides him to some hard, cold truths. There is no escaping his destiny: Luke's destiny affects the destiny of billions of sentients. Luke's actions must amend against the mistakes made by the Jedi Order seen in the Prequel trilogy. The Jedi Order failed in its mission to protect the Republic.

:bluesaber: "The thinking, judging ego in us is loud and thinks it's very smart. But the voice of the force is quiet and slow. To practice faith is to learn humility, to trust in the wisdom of the cosmos, not doubting and arguing with it, and to stop assuming our striving, clever minds always know better. "

"Feeling intensely isn't necessarily the path towards being good."

We should hone into slow and subtle vibrations, acting with caution, not with abruptness for big decisions. We should learn to distrust quick gratification. Acting on intense feelings should not be the way towards happiness.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    Ananta Chetan and Loth-cat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.