main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    All the padawan tasks are coming out now :p
    Thank you for the task @Rebecca_Daniels, will get started soon ;)

2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Nonstop train of Padawan tasks.:p
    Now, back to my book.:-B

TheRynJedi and Khalia Octa like this.
  3. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Mine are more of a deep saffron hue these days.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Surprises me that a man is using the word Saffron to describe a colour...............

Dude, it's yellow :p

6. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Blinded by the Robe?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  7. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
  8. Voss Fulris

Voss Fulris Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2018
    Thank you for the new task, Master @Kyber Acyk. *bows* I appreciate being given this opportunity to venture out of the temple. I will start my preparations now and report back to you soon.

9. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    IC: Kev-Mas Colcha III
    Saridona Prime, Northern Caverns

After having left the Archives and then the Temple of Light shortly thereafter, Kev-Mas set off towards the Caves to the North in the Golden Aegis. He landed off in a clearing in the forest nearby and eventually made the difficult trek through the caverns, crawling through narrow passageways, sneaking past creature habitats, climbing cave walls and walking over steep terrain, only to come to a large antechamber in which he couldn't find a single thing.

Kev-Mas paced around in circles as he clawed at his forehead in frustration.

"I don't understand," he thought to himself, "There isn't anything in here... wait."

At the corner of his eye, Kev-Mas caught a small glimmer of light reflecting against the cave walls. He quickly repositioned himself to look towards it, immediately spotting the source of the light as he did: a tunnel with a partially concealed entrance. The amount of light that came through was drastically reduced by the entrance to the point that you practically had to know what you were looking for to find it.

"The light is always there," he recited aloud, "you just need to be looking for it."

After making his way into the tunnel, Kev-Mas was attacked by a pair of malfunctioning sentry droids, whose friend or foe detection sensors have long since decayed after centuries of no activity.

The two droids fired at Kev-Mas in random intervals. Since they were droids, and had no body language that Kev-Mas could read his Echani Martial Arts techniques were unable to detect incoming attacks. All he had was Battle Precognition on its own, in which he hadn't honed his skills to the point where he could detect the exact timing of his opponent's attacks. He had to do this without his precognitive abilities, and come up with a solution fast.

After just barely managing to dodge the attacks, his golden armor getting a few scuff marks from taking glancing blows, he got up and dusted himself off, drawing his saber pike.

"After I'm done here I'd like to salvage one of these droids. I need a better challenge than the training droids back at the temple, and this will suit that purpose nicely."

"Blasters make noise," he thought to himself, "I might be able to hone in on that noise."

Slipping into an almost meditative trance, he focused his mind on the sound of blaster fire, preparing himself to act immediately whenever he heard the distinctive sound.

Psheewww! The sound of blaster fire reverberated against the cavern walls. Instinctively, Kev-Mas raised his saberpike and activated it, the blade coming on just mere seconds before the blaster bolt crashed against it.

Again. He twirled his pike gracefully, flicking it to redirect the shot back at the droid. A direct hit on the droid's head. With the head that contained the droid brain turned to a heap of molten durasteel, the rest of the droid fell to the ground lifeless.

"Oof. I won't be salvaging that one then..."

With only one droid left, Kev-Mas pointed the blast shield on the saber pike towards it and charged. Shot after shot bounced off his shield like smashballs on a court as he quickly closed the distance.

Swiping down hard with his saber pike, the droid hand holding the blaster was sliced off, leaving sparking wires in its place.

Gesturing with his free hand, he reached out to the Force to disable the droid, severing the connection to the power supply.

"There. Easily salvageable, and even more easily repairable since I know exactly why it's not operational."

"Now, to see what you were guarding..."

What he found, was quite possibly more of a danger to him than the droids that were guarding it.

It was knowledge, but knowledge of the darkest kind. Most likely that is why the droids were guarding it and that it once was the restricted section in the Archive of an ancient Jedi Enclave. He resisted the temptation to look further, knowing that it was for good reason that only the most wisest of the masters of the order were cleared to enter the restricted section of any Jedi Archive.

Instead, he focused on the fact that since he was in the restricted section of an Archive, the rest of the Archive should be nearby as well, as well as the Enclave itself.

Turning about, he immediately spotted it.

First he wandered through the dusty bookshelves of the archives. Then through the eerie halls of the enclave itself. Coming into a large antechamber, he marveled at the realization of what he had found and took time to put it all together.

Regaining composure, he lifted his left bracer in front of him and turned a knob on its cuff.

The holographic image of Master Nosrep appeared before him.

"Master, you would not believe what I have found... An ancient Jedi Enclave, preserved in time underneath the planet's surface."

Tag: @ConservativeJedi321

10. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Flexible tasks are my favorite to write.
    Give the apprentice max ability to utilize their unique skills on any given mission.:)

EDIT: And there he goes.:p
    Will read it between classes.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  11. Voss Fulris

Jun 30, 2018
    Operation: Chain Breaker
    IC: Voss

Thank you, Master @Kyber Acyk, for this opportunity. I appreciate the faith you have put in me by entrusting me with this mission, and I will use what you have taught me to ensure it is a success. Having analysed the brief, I have formulated a provisional plan for how to proceed.

Primary Objective: rescue and free the slaves from both the criminal and the Empire.

Special Considerations
    a) The Jedi Master on Coruscant who is in communication with Master Acyk is currently working under cover. Assistance must be provided whilst maintaining her cover both for her protection and to facilitate further work by her in this setting.
    b) The slaves concerned must not be endangered during the operation to free them, and significant threat is present both from the criminal and Empire.

Plan
    1. Obtain further intelligence.
    a. Determine number and species of slaves.
    b. Explore vulnerabilities in their daily routines and duties considering when they are most easily secured with minimal resistance.
    2. Assemble a suitable team to conduct the mission, with consideration for skills required and party size necessary.
    3. Create cover-story for the escape of the slaves.
    a. Linking the escape to the Jedi could compromise relations and draw undue attention to the Guardians of Light.
    b. An unprompted attack may point the criminal’s attention inwards and could lead to the Jedi Master becoming compromised.
    4. Find suitable location for relocating the freed slaves to.

Summary

Based on the further intelligence gathered, a team of Jedi can be assembled to infiltrate the complex housing the slaves at a time when they are most accessible and under least guard. Expected minimum team requirements include pilot, slicer, and a suitable number of plain-clothes Jedi able to handle non-lightsaber weapons.

Guards present will be eliminated in a manner consistent with a criminal association. Use of explosives should be minimised to avoid collateral damage to the slaves. Guards must be eliminated with sufficient speed to prevent them raising the alarm and causing damage to the slaves, so team size must be sufficient to keep all guards occupied. The slicer is present both to allow entry to the complex and to process the slaves so they can be freed from any restraining equipment.

Extraction must be swift to a world outside the current reach of both the Empire and the criminal, and the slaves must be provided with new identities and further support for their establishment on the new world.

Resources
    · Starship with hyperdrive and clearance to use Coruscant airspace
    · Identity documents to prevent tracing of activities to GoL
    · Assorted blasters (including DL-18s)
    · Credits for relocation purposes

Ethical concerns
    1. Loss of life: whilst a non-violent extraction is likely to be feasible in this scenario, it also creates problems down the line. Elimination of the guards by the aforementioned means aims to prevent future conflict escalation and retaliation.
    2. Welfare of the freed slaves: freeing the slaves is only the beginning of their journey. Once relocated, to remain independent they must be provided with adequate support including housing and access to jobs. Furthermore, they may have family members (on Coruscant or elsewhere) that need protection and relocation away from both Empire and criminal.

Please let me know if this plan is satisfactory to you, Master Acyk. I am, as always, grateful for any additional insight you may have on how I can improve. Otherwise, once you give the green-light I will proceed with the extraction.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Kev-Mas_Colcha -- that was one riveting read. Very excellent handling of those droids! :cool:

@Voss Fulris -- =D= super strategizing. The extraction of the slaves would make an awesome RPG. [face_thinking]

13. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    *reads through the plan on your datapad and nods at you* you are certainly well-organized and have covered all the bases my Padawan. Yes, I am completely satisfied with your plan. You may proceed when ready - we need to move swiftly as to bring the Empire's plan for them to a halt.

Good luck,

Master Kyber Acyk.

14. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Temple of Light

The Ongree was just leaving the archive when his communicator buzzed on his belt.
    Activating the small device he was surprised to see how quickly Padawan Kev had completed the task assigned. But then that was why they sent him, he was capable.
    Semajj listened attentively, and with a nodded declared "Well done apprentice. Now that the area is clear I will dispatch reinforcements to further excavate the site. After they arrive, you may return to the temple at your own leisure. This is quite the find, and I am eager for our order to unlock it's secrets."

OOC: Five Force Points @Kev-Mas_Colcha
    @Bardan_Jusik

15. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    Ooc: I will be taking on this task as written, but split it into 3 parts:

:xwing: :luke: :yoda: Padawan Task / Coping with Failure :luke: :yoda: :xwing:

Part I:
    I. Please identify the following Yoda quotes from the scene. Use the prompts to write them out.

a) “Always with you it 'cannot be done'."

b) “You must un-learn what you have learned."

c) “Try not! Do! Or do not. There is no Try."

d) "Size matters not. Look at me, judge me by my size do you?"

e) "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

1) Given that failure may be inevitable, how can we learn to cope with failure? Are the negative feelings associated with failure a mental state?
    2) How can we grow from failure?

Failure is always a possibility any time we set out to do something. Especially if the task is one that enters into unfamiliar territory mentally or physically. It is how we choose to react to failure that determines our mental state. There will always be disappointment when we fail, we would not have set out to do a task if we hadn't hoped to complete it. The choice we have to make is how we react to that failure, will we give up and wallow in our failure, or review our process and change it for next time? If we can discover why we failed, we can fix that for next time, not make that mistake again.

Tag: @Tython Awakening

16. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    Hey guys! Anyone here?

17. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    We spend a significant period of time in silent meditation.

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Maybe too much some days........... ;)

SkywalkerShine and Khalia Octa like this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  20. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    Breaking the silence!! :p
    Something that used to be a personal barrier for me was being judged. I’d find myself worrying for no reason about being judged, about what people will think of me and too much I’d find that worry dictates what I’d do or say or write. I’d find the worry of being judged a hard thing to find a way around because more often than not you can’t easily solve it yourself since the problem is the “atmosphere” around you. For me, personally, I needed to feel comfortable with where I was, know that the I could trust the people around me. My way around this was to choose who I hung with or what content I would scroll through which helped me to feel more comfortable and be myself, which is definitely important for everyone. :)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  21. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    You are on the right track! =D==D= Keep going! I'm dealing with unreliable internet almost everyday. If you can include two hyperlinks in the final post to the two previous posts...that would be great!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  22. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    I have had a discussion in relation to your assigned mission, my Padawan, and I have decided to award you points for the planning stage, since you have covered each and every detail and contingency of the rescue :)

I would like to award 5 Force Points to @Voss Fulris please @Bardan_Jusik

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Shhh yourself!!

tosses pebble at back of his head.

24. Voss Fulris

Jun 30, 2018
    Thank you, Master @Kyber Acyk - that is very generous.
    Sorry for the delayed mobilisation, DRL has presented a few challenges but they have been dealt with so I will begin the mission very shortly.
    ~Padawan Voss

25. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    You guys are hilarious. Hehe And congratulations, @Voss Fulris!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.