main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    The clouds were moving a bit faster than normal as if something was coming. There was a strong breeze as it flowed throughout the enclave of the Guardians of Light. For a few who were about might have sensed something familiar coming closer with the wind. A hooded figure not seen around in a very long time. Taking off the hood revealed a brown haired woman with blue color eyes. She had green a tattoo on that was stretched out from one cheek over the bridge of her nose to the other cheek. With three thin lined green tattoos on her chin. She smiled showing a wrinkle in her eyes. "Greetings Jedi I have come back to stay only for a shot time but I must say it is a pleasure to see you all." she said with much joy in her heart. For Raven Lightstar has returned to the Order she once led.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    :eek:

Tee!!! You're alive!!!

[:D]

I had almost given up hope!!!

3. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Well that's just tee-riffic.

4. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    It is always a pleasure to see one of the ancients.
    For anyone interested Tee here founded the first Guardians of Light thread linked on the OP.;)

5. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know I'm still alive. Had Darth Real Life catch up with us and nearly evict my family from our apartment, but some awesome friends stepped in to help out (someone asked us to set up a GoFundMe, I didn't think it would really work, but it has), and we'll be ok now. Just been a couple stressed days trying to figure it out. Now we just need to get my husband a job he can do while simultaneously fighting a pretty bad bipolar depression. Hopefully this weekend I'll get caught up on my assignment from @Tython Awakening and respond to @ThisIsMe1138 in the RP.

6. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
  7. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    @Teegirloo

I'm sorry we have never met before but I have beheld your handiwork across these boards! This is my opportunity to introduce myself. I hope you get to jump into this thread more often.

@TheRynJedi

Please see the PM I just sent!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  8. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Padawan Training
    Darkside Lecture
    @Kev-Mas_Colcha

A Toydarian female youngling suddenly took flight hovering slightly above her seated classmates in order to address the guest lecturer.

Our teachers encourage us to develop self-confidence. They also warn us of the dangers of arrogance. What's the difference?

@Adalia-Durron @ConservativeJedi321 @Mitth_Fisto

9. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017
  10. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    It's going well. I decided to return here as an active member, and intentionally opt to start from the beginning at initiate out of a desire for more RP opportunities.

IC: Kev-Mas Colcha III

Kev-Mas listened intently to the youngling as she spoke, arching his head up slightly and meeting her at eye level.

"The difference is very subtle, but very important."

"The arrogant believe they can do something better than everyone else, while the self-confident believe they can do something better than they have before. Self-confidence comes out of a simple desire to better one's self, while arrogance comes out of hatred for everyone but themselves. Selflessness versus selfishness."

Tag: @Ananta Chetan @Adalia-Durron @ConservativeJedi321 @Mitth_Fisto

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  11. Jade Kenobi

Jade Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Aug 2, 2018
    My apologies for disappearing without warning for so long! As TheRynJedi put it, Darth Real Life caught up with me for a while too. :p But things have settled down again and I should be able to be more active again. :)

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  13. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    The Lord of Light has brought you back to us.

@Kev-Mas_Colcha Great job with the class. You're possibly wiser than me.

14. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Wow haha I really like that :p

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Kev-Mas_Colcha -- beautifully insightful!! Very concise and on-point ... I believe those very distinctions are some of what make Jedi differ so profoundly from Sith. [face_thinking]

16. Jade Kenobi

Jade Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Aug 2, 2018
    I said why I wish to join the Order, have read through the first post and wrote on what I found interesting about it, voted in the art forum support thread, and recited the Jedi Code and the Jeda'ii Oath, and I believe that is all thus far? I cannot remember off the top of my head. :p

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Initiate Task

Describe your first few days at the Temple of Light, your impressions of fellow initiates, instructors, the things you would like to learn about most, the things you feel will be easiest/hardest.

Tie that back to what, if any, your expectations were of what you'd find before your arrival?

Reflect upon what skills/experiences have you always felt set you apart from others and on the Jedi path?

TAG @Jade Kenobi

18. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Meditation Session Task
    [​IMG]

1 pt each:
    @Adalia-Durron *
    @Kyber Acyk
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    @Ava G.
    @Tython Awakening
    @ConservativeJedi321 *
    @Voss Fulris

*Honorary

@Bardan_Jusik pts

____________________________________________________________________________

Darkside Lecture

@Kev-Mas_Colcha

At a call if there were any further questions, a Tusken youth enthusiastically stood thrusting both his arms into the air, but was met with a "Sit-down-Steve" from the burly Chagrian instructor accompanied by a series of giggles from his classmates.

The teacher then came to the front of the class to speak. In closing, the Council informed me at the time of asking if you could come and talk to the students that you will soon become a Jedi Knight, Force willing. In that light, any final thoughts or general comments you would like to share with the class on your padawan journey and time with Guardians thus far?

19. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    IC: Kev-Mas Colcha III

"My time with the guardians has been very well spent. I owe a lot to them and the training I was given. I was given renewed purpose, and salvation from languishing in despair in a state of constant mourning. Sometimes we have to lose it all to find our true calling, and that true calling is never what we first expect or at times, want."

"Soon I shall be knighted, something I never really expected to come so soon. I sure do hope I'm ready."

Tag: @Ananta Chetan @Adalia-Durron @ConservativeJedi321 @Mitth_Fisto

20. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Great to have you back, @Jade Kenobi [face_coffee]

Can I surprise you with a Dawn of the Jedi-themed Initiate Task after the one from @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha ?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    @Khalia Octa

I know your Master is Snowed under, (probably quite literally now) so I am giving you a task. I know you are on holidays (Australia has Summer holidays) and I know you are/were away from home. Tell me how you have observed the culture where you are? Are the difference (even slight ones) to your home location? Are there any language variations? Are stores different? Are the people different? (Friendlier or not?) Take a look around and note your location, and what you see. ;)

22. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013

Padawan Training

@Ava G.
    This little gem of a SW fan-film has become a GoL favorite over the years and been utilized many times in training padawans. The film's central message, means of practically imparting knowledge coupled with its cinematography and production value make it really stand out in the sea of fan-films being made these days.

For your task, watch the video once with nothing in mind and simply for the pleasure of viewing it. Let a day or so pass, then re-watch it to ruminate and reflect on its themes. Place yourself fully in the shoes of the young female protagonist. Then, when you are ready, discuss the choices she made, her relationship with her Master and the final culmination of the lessons she gained from her experiences.

Note: If any other Masters are interested to use this film as a lesson for their padawans, feel free to piggy-back onto this task or take it and tweak it to your own needs. ;)

Nicely done Kev. 4 pts for you darkside discussion.
    @Kev-Mas_Colcha

@Bardan_Jusik pts

23. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    The first question threw me off a little, so 4 points is rather generous after all things are considered. Thank you.

Khalia Octa likes this.
  24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    That's enough of the 'old' thank you!!! :p

I also love this and will be noting it down........

Never doubted it my former Padawan.......... ;)

I am around but there is a lot going on in my RL right now, so not really engaged. Hoping it will settle in the coming weeks so I can concentrate better.

25. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Flash flood warnings here in Southern California. It's been continuous rain all week. I hope I can simply drive from point A to point B tomorrow.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.