main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
  2. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017
    @Ava G. Wow, the force must be very strong with you!

Ava G. and Adalia-Durron like this.
  3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I tend to lurk as well. I always log in at least once a day, I just don't always have something to say.:p

Iteote, TheRynJedi, Ava G. and 2 others like this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah even when I am not signed in, I am often lurking...

[​IMG]

:p

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    *points at eyes, points at screen*

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    So am I.............

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  7. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Lol. Seriously, even when I don't have access to my computer I'll still use my phone to check in. I just won't be logged in when I do it.

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Tapatalk automatically logs me in, so it looks like I sit in front of my computer all day and well into the night.............FREAK!!

Khalia Octa and Ava G. like this.
  9. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    There's an extension you can install on Chrome browser called "Webtime Tracker". It tracks the amount of time you spend on websites. I installed mine last October and since have spent an accumulated two weeks on these boards. I don't know if that's normal for the average member... or totally embarrassing.

Khalia Octa and Sarge like this.
  10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Below average I'd say............and I will NOT download that.

Sarge and Ava G. like this.
  11. Iteote

Jan 10, 2017
    I didn't know the temple had living security cameras..

Sarge likes this.
  12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    It doesn't, trust me.........

Iteote likes this.
  13. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    Vallanthe left her astromech back at the Temple to watch whatever she can't feel through the Force.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  14. Iteote

Jan 10, 2017
    Could I get some help/advise?

How do the jedi look at themselves compared to how they look at the sith? I mean, people often talk about jedi as good and sith as evil, which is understandable given by their different morals and their actions. But still, my sense of Jedi philosophy has always been that the jedi's view of balance can be compared to the yin and yang of Taoism. But at the same time it is also talked about bringing balance to the force by exterminating the sith. Or is my comparison wrong? In that interpretation, yin and yang are compared to sith and jedi, but may it have to do with the balance within ourselves rather than the balance in the universe? I must admit that I'm quite lost...

15. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    I suspect that you'll get different answers depending on who you ask. "Balance" is a topic of much debate. My interpretation: the light side and dark side must always exist together in the cosmos. Equal, opposing, yet linked. . . guiding the flow of life and death, creation and destruction. But for a person to use the dark side requires them to bend the Force to their own intent, upsetting the balance. Giving yourself to the light means that you are working "in accordance with nature" (as the ancient Stoics of our world taught).

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    @Ava G. is right, its a point of view thing in my mind. Morals, beliefs, understands and even culture would come into a lot of the decision between light and dark. What one creature considers Dark, others might see at normal or Light. I believe it depends on the intentions the Force is used with. Anger and aggression are not good reactions, and controlling them, channeling them to help rather than hurt. Its ok to be angry, I believe that, but its not ok, to react with those emotions. Its not a clear line between dark and light, not that simple. I believe all emotions are relevant, but its how we use them and react to them that defines us as Light or Dark. Sure, haven't we all thought 'I hope he suffers in his jocks!' but have NEVER tried to make someone suffer. So the feeling of 'revenge' is there, but not acted upon, its just a passing 'You toad' feeling. I always feel that if you do unto others as you'd have them do unto you.........works. Told my children 'if you don't want something done to you, don't do it to anyone else, Karma is real' and that has helped with their moral compass.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    Voss Fulris and Ava G. like this.
  17. Iteote

Jan 10, 2017
    @Adalia-Durron @Ava G. Thanks to both of you, your answers were really helpful! I've walked around thinking about that for a time now :-B

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Iteote likes this.
  19. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I believe with great power comes with great responsibility. An argument may be made for moral relativity between cultures (Yoda makes an interesting point about this in Master and Apprentice), but when a sentient being feels the force their priority needs to be following it's will first and foremost.
    Death may be a natural part of life.
    Anger and fear are part of the human condition.
    But since we have access to this power it is even more important that we not let these things control us.

The force acts like a lightning rod for those who feel it, what may be a passing emotion to the average person is significantly more all consuming to a force user. When you let your passions control you it creates a slippery slope to the dark side. All beings grow old and join the force, but when you take their fate into your own hands you are not listening to it, you are trying to control it. It is not for me, you, or the next Jedi to say who is to die when, it is only for the force to determine. We may mourn, but should we wallow in it then we risk hurting others as well as ourselves.

Balance within oneself is the ultimate aim for a Jedi, we need to understand our weaknesses so we do not trip on them. Yet our imperative must be to aid others. We can not be everywhere, and there is no point in kicking ourselves for events we could not of prevented, yet when we see dark actions we should stand against it and use our abilities to rationally consider the situation and if possible improve it.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Iteote, Sarge, Voss Fulris and 2 others like this.
  20. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    I felt Ava answered it nicely.

Iteote and Sarge like this.
  21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  22. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    What? You asked for an answer.:p

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    And it was brilliant! The jibe was aimed at Master Chetan with his brush off and that his former Padawan had the answer.................

24. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    It's a wonder and a mystery how often the Force itself provides us with a living example to the answers that we seek.

:p

Sarge likes this.
  25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.