main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Sorry, misunderstood. It's basically 1 am here. I really need to learn how to get to bed at a more reasonable time.[face_tired]

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Sorry, had surgery today. Didn't really have time to go anywhere on the boards except to post a finished work in progress. Although I have to agree with the other esteemed Masters.

Although to put not to cheeky a cherry on Chetan's post, it often amazes me in my own rare teaching capacity how often we can lead our students to the answers they seek. Sometimes they know it and just have to have someone walk with them down the path, and sometimes it is far better to help teach them how to find those answers on their own. After all a Master shall always be at elbow side, and leading another to them might not be an option. One must learn to reason and logic and . . .google safely their way to the truth. (That last one is more a confession then an honest recommendation. Normally I find a good appendix a much better resource.)

I would add that like any group with large and diverse membership, after all not all of us are human, there also comes a mix of points of view. Some are given to strong emotion, others strong logic, and others still strong digestion. The Force moves through all, and not allowing oneself to be blinded nor hide bound to any one point of view no matter how natural would be a cornerstone of the Jedi. After all we have several trials, not just the flesh, and not just the heart.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    If you keep making funny faces, someday your face is going to freeze that way.

Ava G. likes this.
  5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Probably, would be suitable for the day I've had...........

Ava G. and Sarge like this.
  6. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I'm finally getting over a cold that put me out for a week! Here is how I beat it
    [​IMG]

Ava G. likes this.
  7. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013

Bonus Task
    Watch and share your comments for a bonus point.

TAG ALL

Tython Awakening and Ava G. like this.
  8. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    @Ananta Chetan

* Someone in the comment section said that Alec Guinness gave a rich performance. "It's like he knew the whole story." I agree.

* I feel bad for Obi-Wan. He had to live with his tragic memories for years and years. He is haunted by his life as a Jedi, his connection to Anakin, the horrors of the Clone Wars. But he is wiser and stronger.

* He bends the truth for himself as well as Luke.

* "I'm Scared Too" by Steven Price was a fitting musical choice. Heartfelt with dark turns.

9. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I will say in my opinion the only truly amazing actors in all of SW are Alec Guinness and Peter Chushing, they can convey so much through their acting. Kind of a waste we got so little of them.

10. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Does Obi Wan have PTSD?

Yes, any Jedi who lived through the horrors of the clone wars would likely have the symptoms that come with PTSD. Though, I hold the opinion Ben kept his PTSD in check most of the time. The prequels seem to be written through the eyes of Ben.

I've had conversations with ex Marines who go through a withdrawal phase from active military duty. They are still on high alert.

I sure would like to go back in time and have a SW tv movie showing a mini war between Tatooine settlers and Tusken Raiders. Starring Sir Alec Guinness and filmed in 1979.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    The man has a lifetime full of memories, some good, some average but in my mind there seems to be an awful lot of death and destruction he's had to face. Holding that kind of pain and suffering inside has to take it's toll on a persons mind and health. I imagine he has nightmares, I imagine his visions are possibly of the past as well as the future. Tormented and torn apart he seeks solitude to find peace. Watching Luke grow up was a mission, but I feel his isolation may have been for his own purposes as well, his sanity. After all, despite the Jedi training etc, he is human.

12. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I can imagine that communicating with his old master from beyond the netherworld of the Force could have given him some guidance to be at peace beyond all those traumatic memories. Between that and his contact with Yoda, I'd say he had some pretty effective therapists. Not to mention his Jedi training which probably helped him take care of himself a great deal.

13. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    How often did he communicate with Yoda?

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  14. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    I doubt the number of times he communicated with Yoda and other Jedi is listed out anywhere.

15. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I don't think he communicated with Yoda after he left for Tatooine, but I'd imagine they had quite the big therapy session on Polis Massa before they went their separate ways.

Adalia-Durron and Ava G. like this.
  16. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    This forum might need a big therapy session to help it through its crisis. We're the Therapists of Light.

17. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Sorry, but I'm a Jedi Shadow, not a Jedi Therapist. I'm trained in covert operations, not helping people with their feelings :p

18. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    I have leanings towards therapy and psychology! :)

In real life I have a psychology degree.:)

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  20. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017
    Alec Guinness was amazing. His acting reflected Obi Wan not only as a character but as a person who had a life before the film aswell. And not only before order 66 but the time that he spent very alone for a long time. Of course Obi Wan has some grade of ptsd. Jedi or not, processing what he has been through would be hard for anyone.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  21. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
  22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Woo hoo! ! honorary points!! I should be at like a gazillion by now!! :p

Bardan_Jusik and Khalia Octa like this.
  23. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    You can always voluntarily become a padawan again and make them count for real. :p

@Kev-Mas_Colcha knows what I'm talking about.

Kev-Mas_Colcha and Khalia Octa like this.
  24. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    For some reasons, this pic reminds me of Sherlock and Watson. xD

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003

errm....No thanks, I like Honorary points!!! I love them!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.