main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force of Light

Force of Light Jedi Master star 1

Jan 5, 2016
    I've been away for a while (too many other fandoms, and all the craziness of the past couple of years), so can someone please re-post what my last task was (if I don't have to start all over again from the beginning, that is)? Everytime I catch one of the Star Wars movies on television (this time at my parents' place because they had a Star Wars marathon on that I can't watch at home, since that channel isn't in my cable package). My stepfather was watching Return of the Sith, and although I've only seen it a couple of times, that Order 66 still makes me angry (and sad)! Why do those that adhere to the Dark Side always want to wipe us out? Typical villain thinking, always want to blame the good guys for everything! Though I wouldn't mind visiting that volcano planet, since I'm still planning on getting into Volcanology (eventually, though I've been taking some introductory Geology courses online from edX, and even had to retake a few courses, since it's not as easy as it looks). :)

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Wow..........its has been a while - Welcome back!

I think we can start with you naming all movies, in order with date of release there @Force of Light ;) Just a refresher. Include the extra movies as well.

My son is doing Paleontology, he is LOVING the Earth Sciences and Geology. Earth Sciences was my favorite subject at school, and we often work through things together ;)

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    So what is everyone doing? Its summer up there isn't it? It's winter here and hibernation is now becoming an option!

4. ZV-83

ZV-83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2020
    Yup! Summer has hit Canada (glad I am not in the province of British Columbia...yikes... 49 C...). Went to the beach on Sunday. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday will be kids softball. Hopefully some rest on Saturday...

Jedi_Goulden_25 likes this.
  5. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Unfortunately I am... still recovering from the heat. Too tired to do much these days.

ZV-83 likes this.
  6. ZV-83

ZV-83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2020
    Hopefully it won't be that hot all summer long for you and they are able to get control of the forest fires :( We keep being told the extreme heat is coming to Ontario though... not looking forward to it.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  7. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    The town that got that record 49 C doesn't exist any more-- there was a forest fire the next day that basically wiped them out. It's been rough, but I'm in the city so we're just hoping for rain at this point. I did get to book some time off in August so looking forward to that.

Sarge and ZV-83 like this.
  8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Heat Exhausts me, I find at the end of the day I'm laying about like a sloth! But then again, I'm cold and I lay about like a sloth..........wait........is this a pattern?

9. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    My new job goes late into the night, just got home a half hour before midnight (Not bad for closing by myself) and I'm exhausted. But I can't just go to bed, I need to cool down a bit before shutting down.[face_tired]

10. Jedi_Goulden_25

Jedi_Goulden_25 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 3, 2021
    Im probably going to go to the range every day and shoot some arrows. I dont think that the fencing club runs in the summer so I could be doing that. Mainly i will be taking a break from all of the schoolwork that we are given. (Hopefully teachers dont give us homework for the summer holiday). I may spend time in the workshop making new and more lightsabers for me because you can never have enough lightsabers.

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Our club is used for other stuff during the week and putting up all the signs and flags to shoot for a while isn't worth if for one person and my son just told me he's selling his Longbow, so won't get him behind one again :(

Saturday is my day.
    upload_2021-7-6_16-2-25.png

I think you will get this one @Jedi_Goulden_25 ;)

12. Jedi_Goulden_25

Jan 3, 2021
    @Adalia-Durron i do get this. This is funny . In the uk you cant fire a compound without going to a club that allows. I normally fire recurve bow however i want to start to shoot the english longbow. However I always thought that the recurve was the child to the longbow and the recurve to the compound? I think i may purchase one. :)
    Edit: sad to hear that your son is selling his longbow.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    BookExogorth likes this.
  13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I am saddened by it, it was my first long bow. I have a finer one now and its way light, and pulls at 35lb. Love it. Here you can't fire a cross bow without a club membership. Compounds you can just own and its so utterly stupid as the 'don't consider it a weapon' - we both know different. I went to a convention once as Merida and checked in my bow as a weapon and was told 'that's not a weapon' but the papier-mâché axes were weapons.........never got that. I could kill someone but they were weapons. Ignorance must be bliss.

BookExogorth and Jedi_Goulden_25 like this.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I find cold showers refreshing in that kind of heat. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm blessed to be at the lake right now. There's no AC, but I can jump off the dock and cool off whenever I want. Well, unless there's lightning nearby.

15. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    @Jedi_Goulden_25
    This is probably an opportune time to ask you to look into lightsaber forms. There are seven forms, please choose one and describe it for us in detail. You may choose another form upon reaching Knighthood, but for your time as an apprentice the one you choose now is the one you will prioritize learning as a base going forward. (Forms VII and VI are restricted BTW)

Jedi_Goulden_25 likes this.
  16. Jedi_Goulden_25

Jan 3, 2021
    @ConservativeJedi321 would i be able to choose jar’kai or should i stay with form 2 (as it is similar to fencing)

Sarge and ConservativeJedi321 like this.
  17. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I seem to recall that duel wielding is discouraged for Padawan's, but for the life of me I can't remember where I saw that.
    If one of the other Masters wants to correct me on that feel free, though I would encourage you to start with a more basic form (Such as Form II).
    As I say, you are completely free to add any other form to your repertoire upon reaching Knighthood.

18. Force of Light

Force of Light Jedi Master star 1

Jan 5, 2016
    Ok, here goes (you'll have to forgive me if I miss a few):

Skywalker Saga:

A New Hope (May 25, 1977)
    The Empire Strikes Back (May 21, 1980)
    Return of the Jedi (May 25, 1983)
    The Phantom Menace (May 19, 1999)
    Attack of the Clones (May 16, 2002)
    Revenge of the Sith (May 19, 2005)
    The Force Awakens (December 18, 2015)
    The Last Jedi (December 15, 2017)
    The Rise of Skywalker (December 20, 2019)

Anthology films:

Rogue One (December 16, 2016)
    Solo (May 25, 2018)

Disney+:

Mandalorian (November 12, 2019)

I included the Mandalorian as well, since it came up in the search. I wasn't sure if you wanted me to list upcoming movies, so I left those out. :)

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Nice job, I do wonder if you see your mistake on your post back? :p

That's actually the reason I assigned you that task, now you're back on track.

2 Force points awarded.

Points please? @Bardan_Jusik [face_batting]

Knights please do assign our initiate tasks.

Bardan_Jusik and Emperor Ferus like this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    @Force of Light , please tell us what you as a Jedi bring to our order. Do you have any special qualities, abilities, or attributes that will enrich or support the Guardians of Light?

21. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    @Adalia-Durron

1. the Yuuzhan Vong hail from the extragalactic world of Yuuzhan’tar. They are immune to the effects of the Force and cannot be defeated with it alone, nor can their presence be sensed by the Force. They are known for their use of organic rather than mechanical military technology and other kinds as well.

The Zillo beast found on Malastare is hard to defeat with Force powers, and can also resist the wounding effects of a lightsaber blow.

The lesser known Ysalamiri are found on Myrkyr and can create shields to resist the use of the Force applied to them.
    This was developed by the reptilian species in response to Force sensitive predators and hunters.

Finally, the near human Epicanthix are native to Panatha, and are naturally immune to influences on the mind by Force users.

BookExogorth, ZV-83, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Nicely done, I award you 4 points for your efforts.

@Bardan_Jusik - points please? [face_batting]

23. Jedi_Goulden_25

Jan 3, 2021
    Form 2: makashi (The way of ysalamiri)

Makashi is the second form of lightsaber combat and in some ways is similar to fencing. Makashi was described as elegant and focused, and was based on balance and footwork to outmaneuver opponents. Fluidity, precision, and economy of motion were relied on, rather than strength and brute power. This form requires short and precise slices and jabs. This form is mainly focused on lightsaber to lightsaber combat. The stance and the actual physical movement of the blade is similar to fencing and requires the swordsman to be light on his feet and also have agility and high levels of stamina.

24. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    So for the last bit of our Dathomir rpg, I award 2 bonus points to @ZV-83

@Bardan_Jusik

Also now that we are back I have a new task for my padawan:
    You mentioned that you don´t have a lightsaber yet during the rpg so I think now is the time for us to change that. I want you to describe to us your vision/idea of your ideal saber, including the design of the hilt and of course the colour of the weapon.

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    [​IMG]

What are people's thoughts on this? Does anyone feel they have the ability to become a Master without failure?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.