main
side
curve

Fanclub Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik , Aug 31, 2016.

1. Anedon

Anedon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 2016
    I don´t think that is possible. Failure is the best teacher, and it can also give motivation to go on and rise higher, while constant success would lead to complacency and even eventual lazyness. Also someone who never fails might eventually grow a far too high opinion of themselves, becoming arrogant and reckless if not worse. They might consider themselves the most competend being to have ever existed and thus seek attention or even dominance over others who they consider inferior.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU Mod - Aussie Rebel At Heart. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Nicely put. Anyone else?

Jedi_Goulden_25 likes this.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 7

Oct 4, 1998
  4. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    When I was approaching my black belt rank, the way it was put to me by my instructor was that a black belt only means you've mastered the basics. And by the time I received mine, it was very clear to me just how true that was, and often it was those who thought they knew everything that got held back until they learned. I failed my test twice, once from nerves and once from a mid-test injury, but I learned a lot from that which I think made me a better student in general.

5. Jedi_Goulden_25

Jedi_Goulden_25 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2021
    That is similar to when i learnt how to shoot the bow and I remember holding and shooting the longbow upside down and i have had many failures in the past and I believe if you have no fails before you become a master then it is too easy or you are superhuman. As we all try something for the first time and make mistakes and we then learn from our mistakes to get better at whatever skill it is. And don’t forget Mozart wasn’t born with a piano and symphonys written in his hand.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    Adalia-Durron and Sarge like this.
  6. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    A nice description, Makashi has always been one of the more visually appealing lightsaber forms in my opinion, though I personally practice the more defensive Form III. Practice makes perfection however and I can see this form will take you far.

3 Force Points.
    @Bardan_Jusik

7. Force of Light

Force of Light Jedi Knight

Jan 5, 2016
    Oops, my bad! I must have been typing it too fast and didn't notice my mistake. I've also been playing the Return to Jurassic Park DLC of Jurassic World Evolution (can't wait for the sequel, and thank goodness they're also releasing it for the PS4, since I can't afford a PS5 yet) so perhaps I got the fandoms mixed up (which usually only happens in my dreams, since my subconscious mind sometimes goes a little wacko, but not in a bad way)! I meant of course Revenge of the Sith, not Return, I just didn't catch my mistake in time.:oops:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You have a healthy imagination then? That's good to know. I am not making fun, I just found it amusing. All good ;)

9. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Many young Jedi unconsciously equate intellectual knowledge with direct experience. Theory doesn't usually become practice without repeated attempts, and even those that aren't outright failures still serve as a point of reference for future improvement. No true follower of the Light side would ever proclaim to have reached perfection in their relationship with the Force. Genuine humility is what reveals a true 'Master'.

10. ZV-83

ZV-83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2020
    *Bows in appreciation* Thank you Master. I have always liked the style of Corran Horn's dual-phase silver-bladed lightsaber he created with a durindfire, emerald, and a diamond for the focusing crystals. For the hilt, I'd build it in the style Corran did with spare parts from speeder bike handles.
    [​IMG]

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 7

Oct 4, 1998
    For me, the question is purely academic. I've failed at all kinds of things already. That's a good thing; it really does build character. Those who never fail never learn what it takes to push ahead when they face resistance. As "Cap" Steve Rogers says while picking himself up off the ground yet again, "I can do this all day." IMO, someone who has never failed isn't being pushed hard enough, either by their mentor or by themselves. The first failure is the hardest, so let it happen early at something minor, and as life goes on and more serious failures happen, you'll be better prepared to deal with them.

12. Anedon

May 11, 2016
    An intresting idea 2 points

@Bardan_Jusik

Would you say that Typh in some ways is similar to Corran or in other ways connected to this particular kind of design?

13. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    @Jedi_Goulden_25

Now that you have chosen your preferred Form, our very own Battle Master @Sarge would like to test your knowledge of it.
    Please make your way to our dueling arena and prepare for a sparring session with him. You aren't expected to be a master yet, so don't be afraid to stumble here and there. This is a learning opportunity.

Sarge is a Master of Form II as well, so I expect you may learn much from him.;)

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Tell us @Emperor Ferus - what equipment should every Jedi Carry with them on all missions? Name them and then tell us what you would add if anything. ;)

15. Emperor Ferus

Emperor Ferus Chosen One star 7

Jul 29, 2016
    @Adalia-Durron

Their lightsaber- as a means to defend themselves and others

Their utility belt with macrobinoculars, aquata breathers, comlink and/or small holoprojector, grapple for rough terrain

emergency medical kit

To this list, I might consider adding bindercuffs, at least one pair, and a stun blaster

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I like your additions, some sort of 'stun' device makes logical sense as does a method of detaining those you wish to hand to authorities. Well done.

3 points awarded

@Bardan_Jusik [face_batting]

17. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    @Emperor Ferus

So this trial is taken from the opening page of the GoL thread. Presuming you haven't already, please complete it as written. I would challenge you to visit places that you are less familair with as well as including your usual hangout spots. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask one of us. Good luck!

@Sarge @Adalia-Durron

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    SUMMER BEACH DAY!!

I have arranged a beach day for us all. Sand has been brought in SAND and
    expects only those of you with Dark thoughts to react to it, it's around the pool in teh courtyard and there are
    tables with beach umbrellas over them.

We have a table of wonderful summer foods and fruits under the shelter of the Temple and Water games for all.

gets out her large water gun.

Let the fun begin.
    [​IMG]

ZV-83, Jedi_Goulden_25, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  19. Anedon

May 11, 2016
    *Titus jumps into the pool in his beach shorts. Enjoys the water for a while, the secretly beginns filling up his own water gun*

"My godmother taught me how to put it to good use."

ZV-83, Sarge and Ananta Chetan like this.
  20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    eyes him suspiciously.

ZV-83 and Anedon like this.
  21. Anedon

May 11, 2016
    *Aims it at Adalia*

"I know this isn‘t going to end well, but...“

*Shoots a full salvo at her*

ZV-83 likes this.
  22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Deflects stream of water before swinging her own weapon into play.

ZV-83 likes this.
  23. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

Puts-up a slip-n-slide next to the pool

ZV-83, Jedi_Goulden_25 and Sarge like this.
  24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Make that go into the pool!! Much more fun!!!:D

ZV-83 and Sarge like this.
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 7

Oct 4, 1998
    I'll be there in a little while; right now I'm in the middle of developing saber Form IX. Addie's going to love it.

[​IMG]

ZV-83 likes this.