main
side
curve

Fanclub Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik , Aug 31, 2016.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU Mod - Aussie Rebel At Heart. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    @Force of Light meet @SRW1525 - you're both initiates well on your way................... Hmmmm, I need to speak to the Council. [face_thinking]

Jedi_Goulden_25 likes this.
  2. Anedon

Anedon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 2016
    So here is a task for our initiates. But everyone else is free to join in as well.

How should a Jedi react if they have their dreams crushed in front of them. If a goal they have long and hard been working for, that to reach has given them the strength to go on. What if its taken away from them just as they are about to reach it(either by outside factors or even a mistake on their part) leaving them with nothing? How should a Jedi deal with this situation, this shift from pursuing their goal to simply finding the strength to go on.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
    Sarge, Adalia-Durron and SRW1525 like this.
  3. Hawke

Hawke Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2021
    A Jedi should never give up on their dreams. They should always be focused on the prize no matter how long it takes. Consult with other Jedi’s and get the strength to keep pushing forward never back!

4. Force of Light

Force of Light Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 5, 2016
    Let's use the dreaded Order 66 as an example (sorry for all of this, they're having a Star Wars marathon on a channel that's on free preview and all of this is coming back to me, since I haven't seen the movies in a while); let's say a Jedi initiate is very close to obtaining the rank of Knight or Master when this Order is carried out. They might get discouraged because they were so close to possibly taking on a young apprentice of their own only to have this goal taken away from them. They might even be thinking: "Is all of this even worth it? Maybe this isn't the path for me after all and I should have stayed on my homeworld, no matter how miserable I was at the time." This is how Jira might respond to this situation if she was caught in the middle of it, even though the events are beyond her control. The better way of thinking would be the following: "Okay, this might be a minor setback, but I'm not going to let those that want to control everyone and everything by feeding them untruths that we're actually the bad guys stop me from achieving something that I didn't know I was capable of. If this means I have to go into hiding and start living like a monk, then so be it. I can still give hope to others that are in a similar situation that don't know where their life is heading." To sum it up, a Jedi should never give up on their dreams, especially in situations that are beyond their control, otherwise the bad guys (or whoever is discouraging them) win, and that's not going to be good for anyone.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
    Anedon, Sarge, SRW1525 and 2 others like this.
  5. Jedi_Goulden_25

Jedi_Goulden_25 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 3, 2021
    Seeing as i am a sentinel i wont have the experience in sword fighting compared to Sarge or any Guardian nor will i be as wise as my master in the ways of the force or any consular

the role of a sentinel:
    Sentinels are a mix between Guardians and Consulars. we are trained in both combat however we also look through to the spiritual ways of the force and the philosophical views.

i believe that postcognition would suit me as a jedi and as a sentinel. postcognition or tai vordrax is an ability in which the jedi is able to sense the history of an object with no need to look back into your memories. It says here in The Jedi Path that 'postcognition allows a jedi to sense the history of an object deeper than any recording.' With this ability jedi are able to know more about an area or an object, they jedi can use this as ways to gain knowledge and grow wise in the ways of the force.

This idea of knowledge comes from the second pillar- the pillar of knowledge. Restelly Quist wrote about how the 2nd pillar is the most important pillar in the jedi path.' The pillar of knowledge is the most important of the 3 pillars you will study.' She then continues to state the importance of this by saying 'if not for the histories of the Order stored in our holocrons what would Master Mandibu know of the force beyond her feelings' The order is the way it is now because of the knowledge stored in holocrons and the teachings that has been passed down for generations.

This unique ability would allow the jedi to gain more knowledge about the battlefield and henceforth have an advantage on their opponents. This could also be useful if the jedi were to get lost and have their commlink and other devices broken.

I believe that this ability will prove helpful to me as i am not highly trained in sword fighting nor do i focus on the spiritual side of the force.

Luke, Cal Kestis and Quailen Vos shared this unique ability.

Once again i am extremely sorry for the lateness of this task. i shall strive to complete them in the first week. if you deem necessary you shall dock points as i feel it is necessary. Sorry for the lateness.

Tags: @ConservativeJedi321 @Sarge
    @Adalia-Durron

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  6. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Don't worry, unlike school I won't deduct points for lateness. :p

You have done a very thorough job apprentice, and to that end I will even offer a small bonus. 7 Force Points to you.
    Nice job @Jedi_Goulden_25
    @Bardan_Jusik, @Adalia-Durron

7. Jedi_Goulden_25

Jan 3, 2021
    Thank you very much master

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  9. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Enjoy the New Year.

I shall have a new task for you in 2022 @Jedi_Goulden_25 ;)

10. Hawke

Hawke Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2021
    Happy New Years fellow Jedis!

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I stayed up till midnight to make sure 2021 found the door, planted my boot in its back side to make sure it left......

12. Hawke

Hawke Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2021
    I passed out at 11 so close!

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Missed it by that much! My dad did that........but he's 80 :p LOL

I was up at midnight but as there wasn't much happening here, I watched fireworks on tv with my husband and daughter, talked to friends on line for a bit then went to bed! So not much better.

SRW1525 and Jedi_Goulden_25 like this.
  14. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I was in bed at midnight but certainly heard the fireworks out my window. Not sad to see that year gone.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    Adalia-Durron likes this.
  15. Anedon

Anedon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 2016
    Adalia-Durron and SRW1525 like this.
  16. Hawke

Hawke Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2021
    Do I rank up now as I’m at 26 force points or how does it work?

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    It works as we now as a council discuss your new Master.................. ;) Patience is vital for the Jedi. ;)

18. Force of Light

Force of Light Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 5, 2016
    It looks like I'm on deck (after I earn a couple more Force Points, that is), but don't worry, I'm a very patient person (though sometimes I have limits, like getting past that huge fan in Jedi: Fallen Order, so I ordered a strategy guide from Walmart to see what I might be doing wrong).

Happy New Year everyone! I have no problem making it to New Year's since I don't go to bed until well after midnight (though I haven't watched a New Year's special in years; it's mostly just music anyways, and I was listening to the "Music Inspired by the Chronicles of Narnia: LWW" CD anyway. I particularly like the New World track by TobyMac, since I always put it on repeat a few times). Let's hope this is the year that Covid finally goes away (but I won't be holding my breath)! :)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Don't. I have a friend who works in the Health Dept and he told me the Dept and the Govt have 7-10 year plan for Covid. Looking forward to your last points ;)

20. Hawke

Hawke Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2021
    No worries just wasn’t sure if the next step is all!

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Announcement!!

I have taken our newest Initiate @SRW1525 as my Padawan. Please join me in making welcome our newest Padawan!

22. Jedi_Goulden_25

Jan 3, 2021
    Congratulations!! @SRW1525 you have a fine master, however don't make her angry :p
    Well done!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Hey! SHUSH YOU!! Don't go around scaring my Padawan! I so do not have a temper! :p

24. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I have taught Goulden well. Listen to his wisdom. [face_shhh]
    But don't worry @SRW1525, you have one of the most experienced Masters in the order. Follow her and you will go far. ;)

Jedi_Goulden_25 and SRW1525 like this.
  25. Hawke

Hawke Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2021
    Thank you! I am excited for this new journey!