main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Come on, make up stuff! Tell us something good!

Ok, today I decided to dye my hair, but I am Best Woman at wedding in March so no the crazy colour I wanted, just a nice reddish brown.........for now. After that I plan to run errands for my husband and do some shopping before working a shift tonight. Then some Role Play as I believe a game has been updated!! Over the weekend I have archery and I am now 100% sure the girl shot with last week and was doing our scoring, cheated. I have seen her score sheet and I know she did not shoot 6 10s when she's not shot for 6 months. (longbow) I was annoyed and kept it to myself, then someone asked me (they heard her bragging) if I'd checked when she was scoring. I said no, why? They said they heard she cheats and they know of 5 other people who know of it. I was stunned, she's 17, they only person she is hurting is herself!! She shoots with someone else who does the scoring it will be clear she is NOT as good as she claims to be.

Did I just rant? Yeah, I did, so why can't you lot!?!? Talk to us!!

What is your RL Stress @ConservativeJedi321 ??

How do you be one with the Force without being Dead @Rebecca_Daniels ??

@Hawke - tell us about the 'kinds' of Jedi there are - outline their roles and tell us which one you believe you are. ;)

2. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Sleeping... eating... I-) that's basically the same thing right? I can't get up to much outside of work, so lots of gaming with friends online, nothing exciting to share :p

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    What are you playing? Are you winning?

4. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    SWTOR is unfortunately my time sink of choice 8-} I've gotten into veteran (hard) mode raiding in the last year and I have almost all the veteran mode achievements... next up nightmare mode [face_skull] At least it's Star Wars, right?

Today's achievement that is meaningless I'm sure to most of you:
    [​IMG]

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    We're you doing a flashpoint?

daughter behind me telling me what to ask.

6. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Operations are the 8 man version of that, kind of, they're a fair bit harder in general. There's 16 man operations too but that's a little bit crazy to organise and there is a lot of suffering... a lot of muting people in discord so I don't go to the dark side when 16 people are talking over each other because they know "best" :p That achievement is from a particularly gruelling operation we are slowly progressing through as a team... 3 bosses cleared, 2 much, much worse ones to go I-)

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Nods and pretends she understands but KNOWS there are those out there who do as her own child does.

Actually I sent that to my daughter on discord and this is what I got back

if only we had any idea what language she spoke

tragic

Clearly I was wrong on one front!

[face_rofl]

8. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    In simple (and more interesting) terms it's about coordination, just having to work together in a team to take down a series of bosses... some of the most challenging ones are a lot of fun because when you're in sync it's almost easy, but one step wrong and everyone dies. I don't like playing against other people because it can get nasty, so teamwork and coordination is more my style.

And, you know, if you get bored of that you can just dress your character up in fun clothing and play space barbie :p

Sarge and Adalia-Durron like this.
  9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    So, essentially, you are working on your fighting and team work with the Force and other Jedi Masters? I like it.............I utterly approve of your time killing Master Daniels! Well done indeed! [face_love]

Sarge likes this.
  10. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Well, except that I'm usually playing on the Empire side... with my Imperial Agent... [face_mischief] :p But yes, I have a fair few Jedi as well and Sith shhh

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    :eek: Shut your mouth Becca! :p Bite your tongue!

Jedi_Goulden_25 and Sarge like this.
  12. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Would rather not talk about it honestly.
    Just looking for distractions atm.

*Shames Becca while discretely covering up his own SWOTOR history*
    [face_whistling]

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    NO!?!? Swoons what is happening here?!?! [face_hypnotized]:eek:

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  14. Hawke

Hawke Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2021
    Jedi Guardian: They are the heirs of the Knights and the first line of defense. Guardians are the Republic's army. Guardians are also essentially the police force in keeping peace and order. lightsaber is their weapon and symbol. Train consumes your off time consisting of running, unarmed combat skills, and sparring. The carry a blue lightsaber. Within the Guardian level is also the peacekeepers and starfighters.

Jedi Consular: They uphold the central precepts of the Jedi Code. Responsible for negotiating with political factions both within and outside of the Republic. They serve in the senate. They help to serve all people in the galaxy in political dealings and conflict resolution. Besides negotiating, Consular's also research and teach. They rely more on the force talents such as affect minds and telekinesis. They carry a green lightsaber. Within the Consular level are also seers, healers, researchers, ambassadors, diplomat, lore keeper.

Jedi Sentinel: Sentinels combine skills from both guardians and consulars. They accomplish tasks the others can not handle on their own. Sentinels stay in one sector or planet systems for months or years instead of traveling. They carry a yellow lightsabers although they rarely use a weapon. Within the Sentinels level of specialization consist of slicers, tech experts, security experts, Jedi shadows.

For me, I see myself as a Guardian. I love the military and if it wasn't for a prior surgery I would have gone in but the military considered me a liability so I wasn't able to join. The Airforce in particular. So for me I would look to become a Jedi Starfighter AKA Jedi Aces. Eventually getting to move up in the ranks overtime of course!

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Well done @Hawke, Guardian. @Sarge - may need to have a chat to you, if you have the time ;)

I award you 4 points for this, and I appreciate the self reflection as I asked of you. A Liability? Should we be concerned?

Sarge and Hawke like this.
  16. Hawke

Hawke Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2021
    No no everything is fine! I have screws in my hips that I can never get taken out. They hold my hip joints into place. I’m fine I can do everything and anything I want to do no limitations.

Sarge and Jedi_Goulden_25 like this.
  17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Except join the Forces ;) :p LOL All good!!
    upload_2022-1-31_21-17-8.jpeg

Hawke and Jedi_Goulden_25 like this.
  18. Hawke

Hawke Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2021
    [​IMG]

As long as I don’t get any parts of the Sith when I have to eventually get one of those replacements haha

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Now that is way better than I found..................and you made me giggle..........well done my Padawan!! [:D]

Jedi_Goulden_25 and Hawke like this.
  20. Hawke

Hawke Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2021
  21. Jedi_Goulden_25

Jedi_Goulden_25 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 3, 2021
    The Tuskens.

overview.

The Tuskens or Tusken Raiders were a native species native to the desert planet of Tatooine. A long time ago (30,000 BBY) the sandy dunes of the dune sea were filled with water home to many aquatic creatures and forms of vegetation. The great seas dried up due to unknown reasons and turned the wet and watery planet into a harsh inhospitable desert wasteland. The Tuskens were a species who live on Tatooine before the oceans dried up and they were almost one with the planet. Some can say the George Lucas placed in these characters to represent the Wampanoag tribes and the settelers who landed on Tatooine are the pilgrims who sailed over from my hometown of Plymouth UK. The tuskens ,like every living thing, depended on water to survive so the first couple of years would have been hard for them as they were used to having an abundant source of water to little water. Possibly when excavating and digging for farming they discovered something that they could use as drink. Black melons. Black melons are small circular melons that grew on the jundland wastes. they contained a vile tasting milk which provided the Tuskens with enough nutrients to live and to grow.
    The Tuskens have probably evolved quicker and have adapted to their surroundings better than humans.

Tribes

The tuskens were brought up in tribes of houses of 20-30 people. Tuskens rules within the tribe were very strict and if you break one of the rules you can either be expelled or even executed. If one were to show a little skin then you would be executed. The tuskens were extremely resourceful making tents and huts out of deceased banthas and using their meat as food. When tuskens raided villages and settlements they would often spare the children and they would take them in and adopt them as one of their own. A cool fact that I learnt is that when travelling they would always walk in a single-file line to hide their numbers.

Weapons and defence.

Most of the time the male Tuskens were warriors and gladiators and they carried 2 weapons around with them at all times.
    The most iconic weapon that they wield is the 'gaffi stick' or the Gaderffii. There are some similarities between the Gaffi stick and the lightsaber and no two are the same. The sticks are crafted out of wood found of of a ceremonial tree in which a lizard guides them to. Each gaffi is hand carved and forged by the user. The top end of the gaderffii is a large disk that tapers down into a sharp point used to bludgeon and inflict bone breaking blows to the opponent. The base is made out of a forged steel which is gathered when they pilfer and when they raid places. the bottom tapers down into a sharp spear like point used to puncture the skin, some may add additional fins to the side of the base however I believe they offer no other use. Another weapon used by the tuskens is the Cycler rifle. A cylcler rifle is a slugthrower so it uses and fires projectiles rather than blaster bolts. this aides them when raiding or fighting as most armour disperses the heat energy of the blaster and the solid projectile can just punch holes through it causing the wearer of the armour to not feel to good.

Appearances (looks)

Tuskens were relatively camouflaged when it came to their clothing. They wore a variety of pale sand and light brown pieces of cloth wrapped around their body being careful not to show any skin as they will be punished severely for it. No one knows what tuskens look like under their masks however many people have drawn up some sketches. Tusken's heads were covered in dark brown strips of cloth and they had large metal tubes poking out to allow them to see. Their mouths were covered in a grill like triangle which allowed them to eat and drink whilst still keeping out bugs and the sand from the dune sea.

Tags; @ConservativeJedi321 @Adalia-Durron @Sarge

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    That's impressive @Jedi_Goulden_25 !! Well done!

@Hawke - as you too will have a big mission coming up as well, I would also like you to do the same mission your counterpart above has done.

Please look up one species you find particularly interesting, and describe for us aspects of their culture, history, or special abilities they might have. Note the details in the above report. Not a race, so do your research, take your time, and keep in mind the more effort the bigger the reward ;)

23. Hawke

Hawke Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2021
    I know you told me to take my time on this task but since today was my off day from work and I had some time on my hands, I went ahead and did the task. For this task, I have chosen the Gungan Species.

Gungan

Overview:
    In a city under the sea named Otoh Gunga, built in 3000 BBY, you would find there a species known as the Gungan’s. Gungan’s lived on the planet Naboo and were an amphibious species. They were rarely seen leaving the planet. They were able to live both on land and water. There were two races within the species, one of which was Otolla and the other called Ankura. Gungans had a lifespan of around 65 Galactic standard years. Gungans had their own langue knows a Gungan Basic (AKA Gunganese). Gungans were very smart creatures. Gungans were normally a very generous and peaceful race. They loved their neighbors and always welcomed visitors. However, the visitors had to earn their respect so they remailed suspicious until then. Gungans were known to be force sensitive which lead them to produce force sensitive children. According to George Lucas himself, He got the name Gungan from his son’s name for tractors and trucks.

Appearance:
    Gungan’s were a humanoid species that were flexible and had muscular tongues. They range in various colors (Brown, Pink, Green, White) and also various eye colors (Orange, Purple, Yellow). Their strong leg muscles helped them live in the waters. Gungans were born as tadpoles and within a few months were already starting to grow limbs. They could hold their breath for an extended amount of time due to their lungs. Their bodies produced a mucus like substance that had waterproof properties to it that helped them while moving through the waters and even aiding them in spitting water great distances. Their bodies were more of a cartilage material then bones which made them flexible. Gungans faces had also a flexible bill or beak which helped them burrow or find food underneath the surface. Gungans earlobes were called Haillu which also displayed their emotions.

Culture:
    Gungans were a proud warrior species and had a large Arm called the Gungan Grand Army. The Grand Army stood as the only defense for the species. The Arm was made up of mostly male volunteers. The Gungans prefered technology that is harmonious with the ecology of their world. Their weaponry is no different. The Army used domesticated animals for transport. The Gungans had a High Council which was their governing body that was affiliated with the Galactic Republic. The primary membership of the High Council comprised Reps, who worked with the Boss to determine policies and maintain order. Gungans had very strict laws and would sometimes go to the extremes even if it was a minor crime. Getting casted out of the society was very difficult to be a loud back in. Even if they got lucky and was accepted back they faced a lot of discrimination.

Weapons:
    The Atlatl was throwing stick that Gungans used to launch throwing balls of energy. Which mostly used as a throwing stick, it was also used as a club when in a desperate situation. Gungans also used a Cesta which is just a longer version of the Atlatl. Most of the Army used the Cesta. The booma ranged between 3 inches to 2 meters and consisted of blue plasma from the depths of Naboo's oceanic core, pressurized and forced into a shell that would burst if thrown hard enough. Very effective against droids and vehicles. The electropole was an electric melee weapon in which was either used for striking close distances or throwing. The Army also utilized a Personal Energy Shield which were shields featuring a screen of energy that could be turned on or off.

Tag: @Adalia-Durron @Sarge @ConservativeJedi321

24. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Amazing speed, but for now the lesson of Patience is in order! LOL

5 Points awarded to you @Hawke

Your coat's in the storage room @ConservativeJedi321, beside mine and @Anedon's............. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.