main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Hey how are we all doing

2. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Padawans. What padawans? [face_whistling]

3. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    crosses "Ananta Chetan" off list of instructors to get training advice from

Edit: I'm doing alright, Ferus :)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I was once @Ananta Chetan's padawan. So let that be a warning to you. [face_shame_on_you]

5. HanSolo98

HanSolo98 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2022
    I would most like to learn what trust truly is.

IC: As I survey my surroundings, I feel the force draw me towards the left and find that these rocks are not as slippery. However, they are still difficult to cross and it takes much patience to not loose my footing. Crossing the rocks reminds me of the time I once had to carefully cross a frozen-over river. Much like that time, this requires incredible patience.

BookExogorth and Ananta Chetan like this.
  6. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    As was I. An eccentric mentor to be sure, but given how many apprentices he's had its a given he'd lose a few. :p

Edit: Going down a trip along memory lane @BookExogorth? ;)

7. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    As was I, that’s why I get to tease him :p
    @ConservativeJedi321 Indeed I was, seeking inspiration. Fun times :D

8. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Make that three of ananta’s former pupils-

he’s definitely a better babysitter than Anakin

9. HanSolo98

Mar 9, 2022
    Definetly.

SirCarrot and Emperor Ferus like this.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    That's a pretty low bar to clear.

SirCarrot and HanSolo98 like this.
  11. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Stepped over it. :p

SirCarrot, HanSolo98 and Sarge like this.
  12. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Field Trip (cont)
    IC: Edo Vilsa

Trust, hm. Now that was quite the thing. “Trust is a broad topic, padawan.” She watched the young Jedi’s careful footwork and trust in the force to find the most stable path, and she appreciated the patience and bravery on display.

Edo paused. “For me, trust is when my worries have been burned away by someone else’s steadfastness.” She definitely struggled with worries, so such trust for her could be rare. She then elaborated, “That’s the kind of master I want to be for you.”

Edo listened and followed close behind, ready to intervene if trouble struck, but she could see that the force was with her padawan as they made their way across the bluffs.

After they crossed, they continued forward on the path. Edo was normally more talkative, but she felt like she had to be more careful with her words now, before she really understood the student.

“Let’s stop at this clearing.” She unpacked the two mats she’d brought onto the ground and sat down on one. “Tell me, padawan, what do you see?”

Tag: @HanSolo98

SirCarrot, Hawke, HanSolo98 and 4 others like this.
  13. SirCarrot

SirCarrot Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2022
    To the Sith who read I hope you find my descriptions accurate. :p

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. - To start the shenanigans we have this bit of false knowledge. According to the Sith peace cannot exist and is a lie. Their reasoning is that the galaxy is always in conflict and it is impossible to ever achieve peace. They also say that basically passion guides every action. This seems a bit silly to me because if this was true we could never have logical decisions.
    Through passion, I gain strength. - By letting passion guide them the Sith seek a way towards strength. Not an entirely false statement based on how the dark side works.
    Through strength, I gain power. - If you have enough strength you can always get power, the difference is where the strength comes from. Letting passion guide you blinds you to the consequences of your own decisions, and corrupts you.
    Through power, I gain victory. - Power allows you to gain victory, this is true. But the dark side corrupts and over time Sith become less and less in control, and become slaves to their emotions.
    Through victory, my chains are broken. - By succeeding you can remove the chains of your life, Vader proved this when he threw off the shackles of the emperor. The differences with the Sith is that they will always remain chained to one thing, their emotions.

@Emperor Ferus
    No hard feelings sithies, just some constructive criticism. :D

14. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    That is far better an answer than I remember giving at your stage.

I give you 5 points- I’d give 8 if that was allowed.

Adalia-Durron and SirCarrot like this.
  15. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    For your next task, @SirCarrot , I want you to explain which pillar of the Jedi code is the most important to you and why :)

16. Hawke

Hawke Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2021
  17. Jedi_Goulden_25

Jedi_Goulden_25 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 3, 2021
  18. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Jill Bearup usually focuses on the choreography of stage combat, but this time her focus is mostly on the other elements of an effective fight scene. I really enjoyed her take on the RotJ throne room duel.

20. HanSolo98

Mar 9, 2022
    IC: I see a clear blue sky with clouds gathering in the far off distance. Looking behind, I see the rocks just traversed, looking impossible to cross from this point of view. What you said about trust seems very true, my master.

OOC: RL has been a lot busier lately, but patience is a key part of any Jedi's life.

21. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Field Trip (cont)
    IC: Edo Vilsa

"Thank you, and you really did a great job with finding that path." Edo said. She nodded at the observations. "Now, close your eyes." She breathed in, then out. "Reach out with your senses." Edo struggled a bit to find words for an explanation. How could you explain something so instinctive?

She allowed the moment to stand calm.

"As a miraluka, I see through the force." She thought she saw a tinge of curiosity at that. "I would like to teach you what I can of this." It would likely have a steep learning curve, so the sooner she started, the better. The student could then develop it further, solo.

It was ubiquitous at home. Thinking back to occasions when she'd helped with miraluka children in various stages of development, the family was almost always seen first, but past that, the most ordinary and familiar of sensations and lifeforms were easiest to help take shape, years before before the sense became fully developed and instinctual.

"Can you sense the living force flowing through the grass? Does each blade look separate and unique from the next, or do you see a unity and interconnection of the field?" Breathe in, then out, slowly and steadily. She might not find the perfect words, but she'd have found a good start.

Tag: @HanSolo98
    OoC: It certainly is! Definitely take your time with it. We should wrap this task up soon, so try to write some of your character's actions, thoughts, and words throughout the time this post just covered.

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I have an idea for a new character.

[​IMG]

23. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Hm. Reminds me of my first mission after building the Jedi Enclave.

24. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    @SirCarrot No hurry- but your task still awaits. Of course, patience is a virtue all Jedi must follow, and I intend to follow it as well

Adalia-Durron , SirCarrot and Hawke like this.
  25. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    [​IMG]

Dawn service, gunfire breakfast (minus the beer) done, back to bed for a sleep in and woke at 11 to watch the Orian and fighter planes fly over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.