main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    IC RP - Initiate
    As the initiate approached the market with Oto, he whipped out his dehydrated snack pack and began munching. It usually took half hour for him to be hungry in the mornings, and he would need the sustenance. The Jedi tasked him with securing rations and supplies for the Temple. Although he was unsure of how he would get everything back to the grounds safely, he never hesitated.

The market was always busy, didn't matter what time of day it was. Local sellers and buyers flooded the aisles, some creatures taking up more space than others required close attention - or you would get run over. He found the cleaning supplier and deposited enough credits with Otto to make the purchase and start prepping the product.
    He had to give special attention to the food merchant, as sometimes there would be sales only available to locals.

How much for this bulk crate of rations? The initiate called out to the vendor.

The merchant looked him up and down and hastily replied, 400 credits.

The Initiate reached out into the Force and persuaded the man, I'll take 2 crates at the local rate.

Two crates at the local discount, comin up!

The initiate gleefully handed over 200 credits, thank you sir!

As he and Otto were preparing the supplies to head back to the Temple, a group walks up that the Initiate immediately recognizes as old friends who grew up in same neighborhood district he used to live in.

Hey look! It's Van! the group approached.
    Foley? Tars? What are you guys doing here?
    The initiate glanced over at Otto to make sure he was staying on track. He was an old Temple lifting droid that had a bad habit of short-circuiting and would forget what he was doing.

We should be asking you the same thing - is that a Jedi droid? Foley asked.

Yes, we're just picking up some supplies for the Temple.

So you're just another Jedi lackey they use to do their chores? Tars jabbed as the group snickered.

The initiate hesitated. He had heard plenty of gossip about the Jedi that they were lazy and arrogant, but he had seen the Jedi Guardians in action before. He knew what they were capable of and what they stood for. He raised his hands slowly in protest seeking to diffuse the tension he felt, and asked, Tars - have you ever met a Guardian?

Tars' face soured, Pffft! I don't need to, my dad told me they are the biggest joke in the galaxy!

The initiate felt a small ember of anger light within him as he shot a hard look at Tars. Before he could respond - a loud crash erupted. Otto! he thought to himself. Everyone looked over to the droid and saw the supply crate end over end. Someone from the back of the group shouted, even their droids are jokes!

The initiate rushed over to help the droid stand the crate right side up.
    I'd like to see you this glib when you meet a Guardian, the Initiate retorted to Tars. But it was too late. The group didn't hear him as they walked away laughing. The only one not laughing was Foley, who shook his head.

C'mon Otto, let's head back to the Temple.

2. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    Apologies for my absence brothers and sisters, DRL crash landed on top of me and is currently trying to hack my limbs off. He should be dispatched shortly and I'll attempt to get caught up here and in TSW over the weekend :)

3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Hello Zurros Ka.:)

4. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Greetings master, I'm glad to see you back here.:)

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  5. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Nice day-in-the-life of an initiate RP post. Give yourself another 5 FP's. Now how about something on teh lighter side?

Share a scenario IRL where you had wished you could have used the Force (or pretended to) and tell us why. Humor will merit more rewards. :p

TAG The Vanguard
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

While the padawans await their next trial from their Masters, how about a little friendly lightsaber sparing match over in either the RPF Lightsaber Combat Thread or in The Rancor Pit? If you accept the challenge, take along your training blades and give me a TAG so that I can follow along as well as recommend pts to your Masters for you to receive. Those threads are full of Sith these days BTW, but they shouldn't bother you. ;)

TAG Anedon ConservativeJedi321 galactic-vagabond422 Zurros Ka

6. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    IRL force powers?? Ohhh well I have a very boring story but I'll tell it with a little flair..

I had just gotten home from work. It was a long day at the warehouse and the heat was exhausting. I walk into the cool air of my abode, grab a beer, and plop onto the couch. The positions of the pillows just so happened to lie so that when I laid down, my body was in the most comfortable position imaginable. Lumbar support, neck support, even the angle to which I could watch TV was perfect. The stars had aligned that afternoon. At least I thought they did.

I look over to the coffee table and notice the PS4 controller is not where it should be. I quietly tell myself everything will be alright and that it's probably near me somewhere. That's when I spot it. 12 feet away is the mantle and sitting on top is the magical wand of playstation entertainment. Having the TV remote isn't enough at this point. Who wants to watch a blank screen? Even the beer couldn't satisfy my need to play the newly released Titanfall 2...

I realize I have no choice but to finally tap into the Force and telekinetically lift the PS4 controller and bring it to my awaiting grasp...

*closes eyes, raises hand, intensely focused.*

The end of the story is too difficult to recount. I only remember agony, the evil of life forcing me to get up from my nestled place of comfort to pick up the remote.

Looking back now, I realize I just wasn't ready. Yoda's voice echoing in my mind. "Never his mind on where he was, hmm? What he was doing, hmmm?"

@Anata Chetan

7. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I want to say that I'm going to keep up with this thread better and that I'll participate more. That wouldn't be very Jedi of me. And Yoda taught us not to try, on do.

I'm going to do what I can do. Hope to get to know all the new faces who have come since I disappeared.

First I'll introduce myself to those who don't know me. I was knighted by CPL_Macja our previous fearless leader. I joined Shadow Wars. I left for personal reasons and I've been trying to come back. I know in order to really get back into the game I need to participate here too. I just don't know how much time I have and I am willing to admit that's my choice. I am going to log in more often and see how it goes.

8. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Great anecdote. We have also taken notice of the promptness and thoroughness of your replies. Award yourself another 4 pts. :luke:

It would seem that you are on the cusp of padawanhood, this most likely being your final task before taking the next step along the path. What does the Master-apprentice relationship symbolize to you? Please share both from an IC perspective as well as a member of the GoL/ TFN of what you would hope to get out of it.

If you have any questions for any of us as members of the GoL, don't hesitate to ask.;)

The Vanguard
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

*brotherly tackles Runjedirun * :p

9. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Thank you for taking the time to examine me thus far Master Chetan. I’m honored.

Being a member of GoL means you take up the name of Protector; knights who live-in and wield the light without wavering. They are Force-users who channel their power for the good in the galaxy. To them, peace is more than a state of mind - It's a calling that embodies the principles of the Jedi Code. To be at total peace even in the midst of chaos is the Jedi MO. The road to becoming a Guardian is long and daunting, and no Jedi has ever become who they are by themselves. The bond that is forged between Master and Apprentice can be either a brilliant display of camaraderie or a disastrous fallout with unfavorable consequences. The relationship between Master and Apprentice is the ship in which knowledge passes from one generation to the next and the future of the Order depends on it.

IC: Initiate
    Van looked around at the other Padawans and realized he could only learn so much on his own. The knowledge and experience required to become a Jedi with the Guardians of Light was within reach, but he needed a mentor. He needed someone who would be willing to take him under their wing. He felt he had given all he had to prove his potential to become a Jedi. It was now up to the Masters to decided his fate.

*After cracking a smile at the recently tackled Runjedirun
    He addressed Anata Chetan and the Masters*

I am ready to turn challenges into tools of learning. I am ready to prepare in the Light to face the coming darkness. If the Council, if any one of you is willing, I am ready to take on the role of Padawan.

*bows*
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    EDIT: no further questions, thanks ConservativeJedi321 :)

10. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    ^Most of those questions were answered in the OP.
    But if you want more details the GOL has a wiki linked in the OP.
    It can be pretty interesting, though it is somewhat outdated.

Ananta Chetan and The Vanguard like this.
  11. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Well done from start to finish The Vanguard. Award yourself another 5 FP's, 4 for the task and 1 more for the integrity in which you handled yourself throughout.

Expect a PM soon from someone on the Council with news regarding your new Master.

Thus far, to my knowledge, no padawan has accepted the challenge to spar with one another. Perhaps all are already proficient enough in their technique to test themselves against a more worthy swordsman, such as our esteemed instructor? ;)

Mitth_Fisto

12. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I am open to a good spar masters, If anyone has the guts to challenge me.[face_laugh]
    After hours of silent meditation I do believe my legs are becoming stiff.
    It would do me good to refine my form and get of my tuckus:p

13. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Undoubtedly the Temple confines are steeped in the meditative vibrations of generations of Jedi. For newcomers, the longing to stay submersed within the Cosmic Force and remain primarily in contemplation can be a great temptation. However, to effectively function as Its instrument, one must also put what one has assimilated on the meditation cushion into action.

Go to your padawan brother Anedon's quarters (shoot him a PM) and see if he will not accept your invitation to cross swords over a few posts.

14. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Apologies my padawan, and others for my absence from the temple, I have brought my faculties back to this space had hope to challenge my student once more. Do not forget padawn, our ally is the Force, and that our greatest weapon is our mind, not our lightsaber.

That being said, it may be time for me to test out your skills, however I have a different challenge for you.

Meditation Garden

He took another sip of tea pondering over the next challenge he would give his student. "Another scenario then, say you are on a planet ruled by a democracy. While most things are in line with the Republic, one thing is different. Thievery, a crime that is punished with hard time or hard labor in the rest of the galaxy, is punished by death here. On this world to rob someone of their property is to rob them of livelihood, and is tantamount to murder, you are taking their ability to provide, or so the logic for their harsh laws go."

"Say that you are on this planet, you are following a trial. The criminal is charged with theft, a crime as stated carries the harshest penalty. The prosecution has built a rather convincing case. The criminal had slicing software on their personal datapad, which was used to enter the scene of the crime, their motive was not to feed a starving family or, to feed themselves, it was merely to purchase an item that was far beyond their means which was in their possession when the authorities arrested them, and while no sensors or eyewitnesses saw the criminal enter the scene, their DNA was found. All through the trial the accused did not admit guilt, however they also did not claim innocence either. They were never forced or willingly confessed or tried to explain their actions by testifying. Due to this evidence they were found guilty by a jury of their peers and now await their execution."

His brown eyes look up at his padawan, "So my student, do you intervene and if you do, how?"

TAG ConservativeJedi321

15. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
  16. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    OOC: That would be swell The Vanguard, unfortunately the conniving and insidious Darthy RL has creeped up on me. If you truly wish for a duel we may do so, however I will warn you, my participation may be somewhat sketchy as I try to balance this with my ever growing mountain of college junk I need to do.:p

IC: The Padawan's mind was spinning at the many Implications of his masters questions. It held many unspoken factors that he was unsure of how to proceed with. It was no simple yes or no, but an in depth review that possessed a confusing clutter of contradicting elements. "Well... um master..." he paused unsure of how to proceed.

There was of course the moral, and ethical standpoint that could not be ignored. Many species and cultures had different views on capital punishment, and it was not for him to judge one single instance. Yet such a liberal application of said practice would disgust just about any civilized society.
    Then there was the practical facts, who was he to march on in and demand they change their laws? He couldn't just hold their leaders at lightsaber point and demand they bend to his will. That would be a sever breach of their sovereignty, as well as his fundamental standards as a Jedi.
    The question of how the laws came to be is also of the upmost imperative to understand. If it is a Monarch or despot that dictated it be so, with no public consent then that would be a serious breach of sentient rights, even worse than the problem at face value.
    Alternatively if it was for some cultural phenomena that he couldn't fathom, that produced it in a free and democratic fashion, would he not be doing worse by attempting to nullify it?
    Then there is also that he would need to understand the how common place it is. Are they having weekly mass executions by the millions? No cultural standard, or public approval could justify genocide.
    So much to consider, all of which could affect the final decision.
    He closed his eye's and bowed in a short meditation attempting to clear his mind.

And finally he spoke.

"I would calculate the cost of sentient life against what is most beneficial for this society as a whole. The loss of any life is a tragedy that can not go unmourned, or dismissed. But if somehow theft in said society has a far worse civic shockwave than in most others, it would be inappropriate to oppose said laws.
    And if said executions are supported by the public, and few and far between then, it again would not be my place to end it. However should there be no public support, nor any practical reason for them I would be forced to stand against it. To say nothing of if this so-called law were to be applied so often and freely as to be classified as mass murder... well that simply goes without saying.

If I have the peoples support I would work on a grass roots strategy to force the political leaders of said world to either severely limit the applications of said executions, or end them all together.
    If I do not have public support, and it is apparent that this perverse mockery of justice is resulting in genocide, I would be obligated to report to a higher power, the Jedi Council, Republic, or whomever Is willing to listen, and work with me to end this barbarity."

It was not a pretty answer, but it was the only one he had.

Tag: galactic-vagabond422

17. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    The Vanguard who says I´m not able?
    If you want we can have a duel.

18. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Three way duel!:cool::greensaber:

Sorry I never PMed you, as I said I've been pretty busy.:p

Anedon and The Vanguard like this.
  19. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Meant to say, 'unavailable.' Anedon
    Regardless, it appears like we are arranged?

ConservativeJedi321 and Anedon like this.
  20. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    If you want we can have a fight yeah.
    Although I will admit I'm not very good at this duels, I hope that's okay.

21. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Relax friend, you're a better duelist than you think.

I've seen your creative mind at work - just remember reciprocation and we'll be just fine.

There is no emotion, there is peace:)

ConservativeJedi321 and Anedon like this.
  22. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Might I encourage members to vote in the Awards at the top of the forum!? There, I have done my job. ;)

23. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    [face_laugh]
    I give hardy thank you Master Durron.

24. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    And a job well done Master Durron. =D=

25. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    Anedon. Well said. give yourself 5 force points for a sound strategy :)

Zurros smiled to himself, the Padawan had answered well. 'Very good' Zurros said. Raising both of his hands and offering his Sabers to Anedon. 'Take one, the choice is yours.'

Sorry this took a while, still dealing with DRL. don't wanna fall too far behind though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.