main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Guardians of the Old Republic - A "Knights of the Old Republic"-era discussion & Index thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SabyneAmberle, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkMan77

DarkMan77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    Too bad this thread died!

2. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    It's okay. It really isn't too active anyway, which is all right. As long as no one forgets it's here, it doesn't matter to me how active it is.

BTW, I finally am finding time to add your story!

3. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Hey I miss this thread we need to keep it up! Dont let it die! :D There are a ton of good KOTOR fic in the Before the Saga and they are so much fun to read. So some of you guys drop by and encourage our writers because the Before the Saga has a very small attendence list :D

4. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    Point taken, SenatorLeia. If you guys can find more KotOR fics to add to this, I'll be happy to add them in.

Additionally, any other ideas for making this thread/these fics more visible are welcomed as well.

EDIT: Here's an idea. What do you want to discuss in this thread? Start posting up questions/ideas/thoughts/whatever, and we'll see where it goes!

5. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
  6. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    I had a plot bunny but apparently it wasnt that good considering that I forgot it. LOL But I think that it would be cool if someone wrote a fic of DS female Revan right after KOTOR and Carth comes back and tries to turn her and instead he gets turned so something. I know that he is supposed to die at the end if you go DS but a change would be good. Considering that most fics are of LS Revan or Exile LOL :p

7. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    Yeah, that would be a great fic idea!

8. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
  9. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Hey, guys! I didn't even realize there was a KotOR fanfic base or I would have joined in ages ago!

Out of curiosity, are there any fics out there that feature a female Revan and Carth? *curious* Even though it's not canon, I really prefer female Revan because of the shock value it lends to the game. That, and Bastila annoys me. ;)

To the person who was asking about the female DS Revan, I've come across a mod you might find interesting. If you download the Holowan Labs Plug-in (just type "Holowan Labs" into any search engine and look around Holowan Labs for it) you can download an alternate ending that allows Carth to redeem a DS female Revan. It even uses the same guy's voice for Carth, and I really don't understand how they got it to do that. Anyway, it's a really cool ending. Check it out! :)

10. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    I think a lot of people don't realize there's a thread for it here on Resource.

And yes! I've heard of that Mod! In fact, my story Love's Final Redemption is loosely based off of it. I've heard the voice files, so I think it was originally going to be an option, but was cut for time reasons. It's a very bittersweet ending, I think.

Welcome, EmilieDarklighter! We're glad to have you here!

11. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Anytime. If there's any promotional stuff I can help with, so people will know this is here, let me know. I'm a sucker for that stuff. I run a writing club called the Skywalker-Jade Revival Society, and it has a lot of members. Before I saw this I was going to see if there was any interest for KotOR fanfic over there. I'm glad to see that we have some here!

12. cka3ka

cka3ka Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    Kotor is what got me back into writing here on tfn.net... What is strange is that there are a lot of kotor fics on other sites... some massive works that are 200k+ words, but very little here. Dunno why.

As Senator_L pointed out, most stories are of LS Female Revan... it gets all mushy and stale most of the time... I've found one good DS story and it's by Darth_Arachne called: Veil of Shadows. 200k+ words 47 chapters.

Dunno if it exists here but I urge you all to check it out... and Support the Dark Side, and fry ewoks.

CK.

13. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Meh, I played the DS ending, and I didn't like it all that much. Carth ran away, and he was my favorite character. :(

If I do end up writing KotOR fic, it probably will end up being LS female Revan, and there will be romance, but it won't be mushy, stale romance. I like to put my characters through extreme agony so that the happy ending is all the more meaningful. :)

14. DarkMan77

Mar 23, 2005
    I'm hoping more people write fics around the games instead of their interpertation of the game. There are a few good ones but most are boring and aren't finished.
    I wanna see more fics providing background information, or a continuation of the games.
    But sadly most of these fics are ignored.

15. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    There isn't a way to separate someone's interpretation of the game from the actual game. Everyone sees it differently.

16. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    I don't think it's a lack of KotOR fics here, per se cka3ka. There's several of us (Yours Truly included) who primarily focus on KotOR as fanfic fodder. I think the main issues are that 1) It's still not very well-known to most mainstream Star Wars fans and 2) There's so much Star Wars stuff seen on this site it's easy to overlook.

I think as long as we KotOR fans keep writing about it, people will keep taking notice. Hopefully (*knocks on wood*) it'll become more popular as people read/learn more about the Era.

17. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    I agree with Sabyne :D I think that we just need to give it a little more time and get the word out that people will take notice and will start to read in the Before era again. It used to be really big era to read but now it isnt LOL

18. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    Another thing is the influx of newbies who arrived around the time RotS was released. They're mainly going to be drawn towards Saga, leaving the rest of the Boards pretty much alone. I'd say be patient and keep writing. People will find us in time.

19. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    Another way ,guys, to advertise your fics is to put them in your sig. That is how I find half of the fics that I read. And most are some of the best that I read. :D So put a small teaser in your sig and a link to your fic. You will get more readers that way. Also post comments in other forums. The more you post for other authors they will inturn post for you :D I have a lot of authors ask me if I am writing a fic right now and I unfortunatly dont write as of now. But the point is they will read what you write if you read what they write :D

20. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    Yep, either in your sigh or in your Bio. Both keep stories very visible.

Well, found another fic to add to the Index! Corrupted by Evil by Deyla_Heren.

EDIT: And another. Frostfyre's Exile's End

21. DarkMan77

Mar 23, 2005
    A few days ago i said this thread was dead, it seems you've administered some CPR Sabyne.
    Good to see it up and running again.

P.S. Part 2 of Chapter 3 of Path of the Exile is now up.

22. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Just stopping by to say hello to everyone and that I'll be adding the next chapter to my Fic within a day or so. So, please keep on supporting the KOTOR cause. =D=

23. cka3ka

cka3ka Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    Emilie Darklighter: Carth? I have to agree he is the redeeming feature for LS female... I'm certainly a bigger fan of LS female than LS male... (ugh LS male is the worst of the 4 lines imho, DS male being my fav).

Angsty stuff is always good, and I i've read some of your stuff before. I definately would look forward to any KOTOR stuff you would do.

It's actually surprising to me that KOTOR is so unknown especially as well done as it is. I think I'm anticipating the 3rd one as much as espisode III.

CK

24. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    And check it out! Another fic to add!

Failure by Obi-Wan21. Read and enjoy!

EDIT: Pesky markups.

25. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Woo! Lots of KOTOR makes us happy. :D

I'm still working on t3h Blue Side, but I had another idea for End User that might have to be written soon. We shall see...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.