main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Gun Control

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    And you're basing this on what exactly? Do you have proof of this statement beyond your own fantasy dream-world in which all liberals think only what you believe they think?

In regards to the second statement, I'll respond with one of your favorites: personal anecdote. I live in a suburb; perhaps the fact that the local police station is 1.5 miles from my house has something to do with the fact that looters didn't come to my neighborhood?

2. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    As it relates to this most recent shooting, I do believe the point's been raised previously that'd mean if this shooter was black, the media would be blaming gangs and not mentioning concerns about mental/psychological health.

Well, one claim that they were going into the suburbs and rural areas came from white supremacist propaganda. So that's not just his own fantasy, it's just still not real. So he shares a fantasy dream-world with Identity Evropa.

3. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Based on local news reports that were coming out where a few of the space cadet rioters were planning on a trip to the suburbs, targeting houses with American flags and trying to bring their hissy fits to more remote areas. Guess they got tired of burning down auto parts stores in their own areas. Then, news reports and even local sheriffs begged them not to because it wasn’t going to end well for them. Results? No such insurrection occurred. Good. They made the correct choice.

As for gun control, I actually agree with some of the recent proposals about stopping "ghost" sales where you can build a weapon from collected parts. Good idea. Red flag concepts about stopping someone in crisis or obvious disarray from buying is also a good idea. I’m all for getting rid of parts that make a handgun into a tactical rifle, bump stocks, whatever. That’s all unnecessary crap.

I find it alarming that during times of higher crime that any Govt. leader would look to try and disarm legit people. I’m not saying Biden is proposing that but I hope he doesn’t succumb to the pressure of the "all guns must be taken" crowd that’s assuredly screaming in his ear.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  4. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Once again, no evidence to back any of this up, but we know that white supremacist groups were pushing this false claim.

So this strongly sounds, again, like it's entirely made-up.

The ADL covered this: https://www.adl.org/disinformation-antifa-planning-violent-attacks-on-white-suburbs
    "There has been no evidence of antifa or Black Lives Matter organizing or carrying out attacks on suburban or white communities."

Bor Mullet, Rew, mnjedi and 4 others like this.
  5. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    PPOR.

Rew, Vaderize03, mnjedi and 4 others like this.
  6. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    I bet he's just going to post articles talking about people thinking it was going to happen in stupid social media posts, and not people that were actually organizing it. In the same way that me saying I heard people talking about how quigonmike steals and sells orphans to work the borax mines isn't actually proof of him trying to do it, it'd just demonstrate people are speculating about that

7. QUIGONMIKE

Jan 5, 2009
    Pics or didnt happen! :). I dont care - the point is that it didnt happen and thats all that matters.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You should be able to link to the “local news reports” that were coming out about so-called “rioters” planning a trip, assuming such news reports exist. I would assume that your “local news” has a website where you could search easily for such stories.

9. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Local news? More like Local Newsmax I’d wager.

10. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Similarly, I wear an anti-tiger charm, and have never been attacked by tigers, so the charm works. That's all that matters.

That there are no tigers running loose where I live is completely irrelevant [face_mischief][face_coffee]

11. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    The point is that it's made-up, racist conservative ******** propaganda. Maybe in the future you can avoid being called out by not pretending you have made-up 'sources'.
    But I'm glad you feel safe from imaginary attackers.

12. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Well, I was wrong, he was even lazier than expected.

At some point, his inability to provide any alternative leads to the conclusion that the only presented explanation, that he was using white supremacist propaganda, becomes the most likely explanation.

13. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Based on local news reports, a Martian invasion occurred in the mid-1930's.

People will believe anything, a point you continue to prove on a daily basis. It's equal parts scary and disheartening.

By the way, local news reported a jackalope loose in my area. Never mind that a jackal and antelope can't naturally mate.

14. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Dude, it's jackrabbit and antelope, not jackal and antelope.

It doesn't matter that a jackal and and an antelope can't mate.

"Jackalopes are part jackal" is the "New Zealand is nordic" of the animal world

15. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    It actually explains a lot if “local news” actually means “some guy I went to high school withs racist Facebook meme.”

16. QUIGONMIKE

Jan 5, 2009
    Oh good - only took a few posts from you for the insult/holier than thou stuff. Nicely played. Like clockwork. ;).

So back to the topic: Look, I wont be sharing anything overly local as to give away my town/village. Not thanks. Its the Finger Lakes region in upstate, NY. Syracuse, Rochester(Crapchester, lol) and the surrounding areas cover it. It was a local news report that a local radio program also mentioned that there was some talk heard of heightened riff-raff activity in the suburban and rural areas being planned out. It never amounted to anything but a Sherriff did get on a local radio program and say it was a bad idea since nothing good would come of it. He's right. Its long past now. This was last July or so.

BTW - How do you know whats going out there in the wild? I mean....if that jackal was really, really rip-roaring and ready to go.....ya never know.

Do you want to discuss guns and controlling them or not? If so, Its clear Im on board for some of it so can we get back to that, please?

17. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    While we're at it about how claims should be taken seriously just because someone said they were made, I'd like quigonmike to explain the news that he plans to kidnap and sell orphans to borax mines.

18. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Yes I'm holier than thou for requesting that your posts be well-researched and up to the standard that those of us who have been around for a couple decades are used to, and that you not use personal anecdote as evidence.

Also, love the irony of how you bold your insult while accusing me being insulting. At least I've never put anyone on ignore.

19. QUIGONMIKE

Jan 5, 2009
    Whats your take on the gun stuff? I like some of it, as I said. They gotta get rid of this "build your own AR-15 with parts from the internet" crap. 100% has to go. I love the idea of the cool-off period. Ive never purchased a gun and said "I need this RIGHT now". Just doesnt make sense. I dont believe anyone is coming after legit citizens here despite what the NRA thinks. Hey - they ALWAYS expect someone to come after their guns but that doesnt happen. Im also fine with limited ammo purchases too. As I said, for bulk purchases needed for a contest, sporting event, etc - it can be delivered to the site.

No responsible gun owners are against any logical changes that need to be made.

20. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    I find it very hollow for someone to say "I dont believe anyone is coming after legit citizens" with the use of 'legit' there when that same person supports not letting legit citizens vote.

21. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    My take is as follows:

I agree with background checks, waiting periods, and bans for those who have a history of violence or mental health disorders. Everything else you said was reasonable except for the quip about "legit citizens" due to Lowbacca's point.

22. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Ah, yes - the powerful "Responsible Gun Owners of America" lobby that we... never hear about.
    Either a) they are insignificant or b) don't bother with speaking up for 'sensible gun regulations'.... but it really doesn't matter, because the result is the same.

23. QUIGONMIKE

Jan 5, 2009
    OK - legit citizens only meant "law-abiding". Nothing else. So, it appears we are on the same page with gun control. I hope they can get some of this worked in.

Say what you wish - but in this thread Ive openly supported stricter background checks, ammo limits, waiting periods, loophole-closing and a bunch of other measures. There are actually quite a few responsible gun owners. Most are. No need to make us all out to be criminals. C'mon. The best lobbying I can do is NOT support the NRA and ensure that Im following the rules and practicing common sense safety procedures with my own guns.

24. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    'The best I can do is nothing' is truly inspiring.

25. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    if only more would aspire to that.